It Hurts

Too Much That It Hurts

 

“KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF HER, BASTARD!!!”

 

 

 

There stood Sooyoung with fire in her eyes. The drunkard was late to react after the tall girl pulled him by his collar already with her both hands.

 

 

“Oh. Hik.. another.. hik y girl… hik.. Let me hik.. do.. hik.. your friend.. hik.. first..

 

 After that.. hik.. I can.. hik.. do you…” The man said while his hands tried to roam around Sooyoung’s body.

 

“Bastard!”

 

Feeling more angry, Sooyoung kicked perfectly his stomach, hard enough to make him fly and crash his back to the wall.

 

After inhaling and exhaling, she turned her eyes to where Jessica was. The shorter girl was sitting on the corner of the street trembling, with her tears still rolled down.

Sooyoung quickly approached and kneeled in front of her.

 


“Sica, are you alr-“

 

Before she could finish her question, a big strong hand pulled her arm to the back. It was the drunk man. In a quick move, a hard punch landed on Sooyoung’s cheek, making some bloods strained out from Sooyoung’s mouth. The power made her body thrown to the ground with a loud bang. Due to the crash, her glasses left her face and flied to the ground.

 

“That’s for.. hik.. get in.. hik.. my business..” He said, still in drunk state

 

He walked to where Sooyoung was falling, and purposely stepped on Sooyoung’s glasses until it broke. He then pulled Sooyoung up by her collar and sent another punch on her temple, making another blood produced from her face.

 

“That’s for… hik…kicking my stomach…hik so hard..” He added while chuckling.

 

 

 

In between the battle, the rain started to pour. The drunkard was ready to make another punch again to Sooyoung’s face, but fortunately the girl could dodge it and finally took off his other hand from her collar. After making some distance, she turned around a little and showed off her taekwondo ability by sending a super powerful back kick. The man was sent to crash the ground hard and left unconscious.

 

 

Jessica’s POV

I keep sitting down on the corner of the street when Sooyoung is fighting with the drunkard. I flinched and my tears rolled down more than it has been when she was being punched. I hate why it had to be her to save me. I don’t want to have more attachment to her after all that had happened between us. I need to control or even erase all my feelings for her. I want to prove that I can do everything just fine without her. But in the end, she knock me on my feet, keep me wrap around her fingers.

 

The rain is starting to pour, and in the middle of the blur my tears and the rain made to my eyes, I can still see that Sooyoung is going to be beaten again.  I close my eyes and bit my lower lip hard, hoping that the hurt will not be too much for her to handle.

 

 

But when I open my eyes again, she already dodged the man’s punch and gave him a great back kick. The similar back kick she used in last sparring. The drunkard sent flying and hit the ground hard, unconscious after that. After panting a while, Sooyoung back approaches me running.

 

 

“Are you okay?” She asks in a much worried face while cupping my wet cheeks.

 

And that makes me afraid.

 

I’m afraid to know what’s behind her worried eyes. I’m afraid to differentiate the love of the pity inside of them.  I’m more afraid if there aren’t even any of them. I’m afraid that I’m just daydreamed from the moment I met her. That actually there isn’t anything between us. At all.

 

 

“Sic-“

 

I take off her hands from my face before standing and turning around to walk away, but a little too late before she catches my wrist.

 

“Yah!” She yells.

 

 

 

Author’s POV

Jessica turned after Sooyoung’s yell and looked deep into her eyes.

 

“Let go.” She said in a low tone, while struggling to take her hand from Sooyoung grip, but the latter still held on so tight.

“Let me go. I don’t need your help.”

 

Tears still were running on her both cheeks from the eyes. Even the rain hided every drop from her eyes, her hoarse voice could do nothing but showed her shattered heart.

 

Sooyoung was confused, but deep inside she never plan to let that hand go. So without her knowing, she even tightened her grip.

 

“What the ?! I never understand you!”

 

 

“Then don’t try to understand me! Just go to your girlfriend!!!” Jessica yelled hard spontaneously.

 

 

“What?” Sooyoung asked cluelessly.

 

 

“The one you have to protect is Yoona, not me!!!” The latter added, with her still hoarse voice.

 

 

 

 

Sooyoung was being in silent for a while before she released Jessica’s hand and chuckled in hurt voice.

 

 

 

“Then ask your Yuri to save you, so I don’t have to waste my time looking after you.”

 

 

 

 

PLAKKK

 

 

Didn’t take a second after that when a hard slap on her left cheek. It was Jessica’s hand.

 

 

 

“Wha-“

“I love you.”

 

 

Sooyoung’s eyes widened in shock and her heart beat in bad manner.

 

 

 

 

 

“I love you too much that I don’t know that I change so much while doing that. I love you too much that I eager to let everything I once own to go just to have any possibility to be near you.

 

 

I love you too much that it hurts.

 

 

It hurts me to know that I’m the one who struggle for the love. It hurts me to imagine that you are too dense to even know if I have something burning in my chest for you. It hurts me to yell to my own heart that all we had had and shared after all these time are all illusion. That it was just a wishful and mindless dream of mine.

 

 

 

It hurts me to know that I’m not the one that wanted you. It hurts me worse when I know I already lost from the first time I met you. Because she met you first. Because she loved you first. She signed you first. And finally it hurts me more when you are being with her, officially, unbreakably. It hurts me to see you smiled to her. When you hugged and when you kissed. Even just said ‘baby’ to call her. You will never know how much it hurts.

 

 

 

It hurts me that I don’t want to see you anymore. I don’t want to be linked anymore with your touch.”

 

 

 

“Sic-“ Sooyoung tried to cut, but not to be available.

 

 

 

 

 

“It worried me to see you. It worried me if that would hurt me more.

 

 

 

 

But you keep appearing in front of my eyes. Acting like nothing happened. Growing more affection in my heart. Making me wrap around you. Being a hero to the weak me. Having me fall more for you.

 

 

 

 

 

It hurts me, Soo..

 

 

 

 

 

Let me go.

 

 

 

 

It hurts…”

 

 

 

Jessica pulled her hand from Sooyoung’s grip, then finally turned around with tears still wet on her cheeks.

 

She walked away,

 

away,

 

away,

 

leaving the taller girl dumbfounded with rain drenched her uniform and the wounds on her face.

 

 

 

Tiffany’s POV

“Soo, Tiff, I go home first, okay. I have some family meeting.” Taeyeon said not long after the council meeting. The other members have already left right after the meeting over.

“Sooyoung, bring the key with you, okay?” She says to the girl. “And hey, watch where you’re going next time hahaha.” She adds, which Sooyoung just answer with nods and smirk.

 

Before, we saw how Sooyoung have some bruise and wounds on her face. It made her face swollen here and there, especially a quite big one on her right temple. Not wearing her glasses making the swollen temple looked clearer. When we asked, she said she just un-purposely crashed some neighborhood’s house gates in the street while cycling her bike. She couldn’t see clearly due to hard rain tomorrow. What a fool to bike under the rain, I thought.

 

 

 

When I’m going to close my notebook and planning to put it on the bag, a hand holds it. It was none other than Sooyoung’s.

 

“What?” I say irritatedly. I don’t know but I kind of mad because she is too oblivious with my best friend’s feeling for her.

 

 

 

 

“Tell me about Jessica and that Kwon Yuri.” She looks through my eyes trying to find some clues.

 

 

 

 

“About what? You know Jessica and you know Yuri.”

 

I hush her hand from my notebook and put the notebook in my bag. After that I stand up and head to the door to go home, but again her hand don’t give up and grip my arm, making me look back at her.

 

 

 

“Tell me.”

 

 

“What?”

 

“Tell me what they are to each other now.”

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

“Tell me what they are to each other now.” I say firmly.

 

“It won’t change anything if you know.” She responds as firm, making me gritted my teeth, feeling impatient.

“Just freaking tell me!!!” I yell out of the consent.

 

“They are over!!!” She yells as loud as I did.

 

“That fool best friend of mine is falling in love with you, falling hard! So hard that she was eager to let Yuri that loved her so much to go! Just to have a slight of chance to be near you! And when she finally made it, she saw you and Yoona kissing! That , right?!” Tiffany yells in a fast speed but I still catch every word from .

 

She then takes off my grip from her arm and throw it, before leaving the room and slamming the door to be closed.

 

 

 

 

And here.

 

Once again I left dumfounded with crazy beating heart inside.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Everything is opened now. What will happen next? :D