Stardust

Today, Tomorrow, Always

(A/N): This was inspired by the ending of Heartbreak Hotel by Tiffany and I apologize if the beginning is a bit rushed~


 

Her tears felt hot against her cheeks, hands drawn in fists as she stared at the guy in front of her, lips kissing another girl's lips that weren't hers.


She wondered then if the comparison of her lips being as soft as velvet compared to the feeling of the other girl's lips and Tiffany scoffed because how could he lie in such a great manner as if he did this all the time.


What was the truth? How many things were a lie in their three month relationship?


Tiffany pushed through the doors of the club away from the pounding music and away from the pain in her heart.


She should have known better, nothing good ever came from dark eyes hiding something nor a smirk upon lips a shade darker than normal.


She tried to stop her tears from falling but it was useless because deep down she knew something like this would happen and she let it happen.


Her pain turned to anger as she continued running away from that place and she didn't realize just how long she was doing so until she rounded the corner and found herself on the boardwalk, rides lighten up with artificial light and sounds of joy making its way to her ears.


She could still hear music but not the same kind as the one from the club and she felt better about that.


With a sigh she made her way to sit on the bench overlooking the beach underneath them, waters tranquil nothing like the hurricane going off inside her head.


Her tears automatically fell now, as she tried her best to suppress the sobs escaping but to no avail.


"Did he dump you?"


Tiffany turned her face now aware of a girl probably her age leaning against the railings, wearing dark clothing, hair roused by the wind as her lips encircled a cigarette. Her yes were dark but she could see a faint something shine inside of them as the girl continued staring contemplatively at Tiffany.


Tiffany just shook her head, tears running dry as she pushed her hair back and watched the waves silently.


"Forget him," she had said as she took a seat next to her, "Guys aren't good anyway."


She offered her a smoke but Tiffany shook her head and instead fixed her dress and moved a bit away from the other girl, smoke too strong for Tiffany's liking.


"Maybe some alcohol should do the trick? You drink right?"


Tiffany simply nodded and the other girl stood up, extinguishing her cigarette and offering a hand for Tiffany to hold.


"Hey, I don't bite."

 

Tiffany just laughed and stared at the other girl's outstretched hand. She looked up into those eyes, there was something about this girl that drew her in and it wasn't just her demeanor.

 

"Honestly, I won't. I'm Jessica by the way."


-

 

She had stars in her eyes, unexplored galaxies hidden behind a veil of coffee colored orbs. And as Tiffany continued staring at her, she realized that she wouldn't mind getting lost among those very stars.


Yet the other girl, dark hair, dark makeup, equally as dark as the night sky at midnight - looked lost, confidence dwindling as she gazed at the sky above them, head turned away from Tiffany's gaze.


"I'll be gone later," she had said, fingers tapping to a rhythm only she could comprehend.


Tiffany looked over at her, observed the way her hair blew with the wind making her look free, without a care in the world as if nothing mattered to her. And she thought about this girl and the way she felt as they ran through the boardwalk, spilling alcohol in their haste, running into people and tripping over their own uncoordinated feet.


She realized then that there was more to life than the confines of those four walls of her room and Jessica made her realize it.


There was a whole galaxy, unexplored worlds out there and Tiffany wondered if Jessica came from the stars, from a faraway place mysterious all in its own.


She didn't want her to go, not when the star dust in her eyes was so mesmerizing and enticing - drawing her in and shining brightly in the dark of night.


"Will I see you again," Tiffany had questioned then, hands reaching out to brush the older girl's hair away from her face, "will you come back? "


"Do you think anybody would come back to a place where memories haunt you?"


Tiffany looked on, Jessica's hand tangled in her hair as she prevented it from blowing against the wind. Tiffany knew then that she didn't know her at all, that the stars in her eyes weren't the only things about her, that there were black holes her in deeper and deeper and Tiffany didn't want to come out.


"What happened to you?"


Jessica remained in her spot, facing away from her. Her silhouette becoming darker as the sky was tinged with light oranges and blues as the sun began to rise above them tuning them both in a color neither of them had seen each other wear - masked away under the darkness the night provided.


"You deserve better," Jessica began, "you deserve someone who wouldn't think twice about kissing you, someone who'll hold your hand in the dead of night and tell you stories about them when you run out of words to say."


"Forget about the guy that held you down, that prevented you from rising from the ground and reaching light. Nothing good ever comes from guys that won't let you grow up."


Tiffany averted her eyes, looked down upon the liquor bottle strewn on the floor its contents long ago finished in a game of 'who'll-drink-away-their-sorrows-first'. Granted they both took turns so that didn't matter as much.


"You deserve someone who doesn't spend their time chasing the shadows once the sun comes up."

 

Jessica sat and took off her jacket, Tiffany's eyes were instantly drawn upon skin tainted with ink of flowers and clouds and something dark underneath it all.


"Why are you leaving."


"Why do you care?"


Tiffany didn't like how Jessica could easily avoid her questions and take her completely by surprise in the way she has all this night.


"Because the possibility of you leaving and us not meeting again causes something inside of me to tear and I can't take it."


Jessica released a soft sigh as she made her way to sit beside Tiffany, hands tapping continuously against the beer bottle in her hand, already empty.


Tiffany couldn't meet her eyes, star dust and black holes being too much for her to handle at this moment. Heart out on her sleeve and hopes as high as the building they were standing on.


"Tiffany," the way she had called her name caused something inside of her to stir, it felt familiar as if she had been calling out her name for a long time which was ridiculous since they met just hours ago. But it was soft, the first syllables steady but the last ones were told in a whisper as if saying it loudly would cause some sort of unknown disaster.


She turned, eyes locked onto her own as she gave away to the fading stars in Jessica's eyes. She felt the older girl grip her thigh softly, sending a rush of electricity to shoot up the place where she had touched towards her palpitating heartbeat and shocking it momentarily, mind losing all coherent thoughts that weren't about stars and galaxies and Jessica's lips.


She felt the softness of Jessica's long lashes against her cheek as the other girl approached her slowly, the space between their lips electrifying and anxiety inducing as Tiffany looked away from her eyes and looked upon those thin lips she fantasized about kissing since the moment Jessica's eyes landed on hers.


It was soft, light kisses that compared to nothing Tiffany ever felt before. It was different from what she imagined kissing Jessica would be. The girl looking as if she had passed though hell, all bad things clinging onto her dark and ripped clothing, tousled hair and inked up skin but a kiss upon her lips so gentle as a wave caressing the sand.


She didn't know who pulled away first but suddenly she was seeing fading stars as she stared at the rising sun. Jessica lay beside her, hand tapping against her arm to a silent beat only Jessica could hear and Tiffany wondered why the girl had a habit of doing so.


"I see stardust in your eyes," Tiffany had confessed as she turned to face the other girl who was already looking at her.


Jessica pushed her hair back, shifting her body so she was laying on her side while facing the younger girl, "Do you want me to tell you what I see in your eyes?"


Tiffany remained quiet not knowing how to answer that question but even before she decided Jessica was already speaking in a way so quiet it was almost left unheard.


"I see a million and one emotions swirl around those pretty eyes and I swear I've never seen anyone show so many emotions before. I see specks of gold, as if the sun were blessing you with light upon those chocolate coloured eyes of yours."


Tiffany smiled, a shy look as she shuffled closer to the older girl and settled her head in the crook of her neck and let out a content sigh. She felt Jessica trace patterns on her skin and wondered it this was another of her habits.


"Are you still going to leave?"


Jessica hummed, movements never stopping but instead changing to the tapping Tiffany grew accustomed to.


"Let's run away," she had replied, eyes closing and hiding away those stars Tiffany will always look for in the dark. She felt a kiss atop her cheek before a searching for her lips and they got lost in each other before Jessica spoke again, "We'll make a world of our own, where stars and the sun meet in the same sky and star dust lingers upon our bodies as we lay and stare up at the possibilities."

 


(A/N): I hope you guys like this one shot as it is my favorite and please let me know what you think about it down below ~ Until next time~

love freely and stay healthy 

shadow14