Hold Me Tight (and Don't Let Go)

Today, Tomorrow, Always

(A/N:) Hello, everyone!! How are you?? So here's another update for you (fluff~ fluff~ fluff) Let me know what you think below and remember that I enjoy reading your comments so please won't you spazz with me?? Until next time~


 

It was something that was so familiar to her, something that came automatic -- as if on instinct. It was very much like the way she would naturally flick her wrist to push her hair back or the way a dog’s tail wails whenever it was happy.  That was the best way to describe the smile that would graze her lips whenever she saw the brown  haired girl, hair reminding her so much of honey. Whenever she sees her, the only thing that crosses her mind are cool autumn evenings sitting side by side, drinking their shared coffee.  Or late nights staring at the sky because her dark chocolate eyes reminded her of the way the stars glimmered late at night, the glimmer matching perfectly the way she sees a  flash of something cross her eyes whenever she kissed her. 


So it was only natural for the same smile to appear on her lips at the sight of the other girl, fast asleep, honey colored hair falling over her eyes. Her face buried deep against the softness that was the pillow, the blankets abandoned at the foot of the bed, tangled around  her ankles. Or for the way she let out a soft laugh at the way the other girl’s hand reached out from underneath the pillow to pat the space next to her -- being empty for the other occupant of the bed was standing by the by the bathroom door frame, a towel wrapped around her neck as she gently comb her hair -- staring amusingly at the other. 


Noticing that the other half of the bed was empty, she grumbled as she lifted her head and slowly opened her eyes in search of her other half of the bed -- of her heart.


 (Did it matter?)


She lifted her hand back to push away the strands of hair obscuring her vision before a pout formed on her thin lips as she caught glimpse of the other girl standing far away from her, “What are you doing over there…” she had grumbled, voice low because of sleep as she shifted her body so she was no longer lying on her side. She patted the empty spot next to her, “come here.”


Tiffany did as she was told, smiling all the while, heart soaring straight out of her chest and into Jessica’s hands. It was save with her, and Tiffany knew that. 


“You should go back to sleep, Jess.” Tiffany had informed her as she pulled the towel away from her neck and let it fall on the bed before she sat on the edge and caught hold of the slightly older girl’s hand which was searching for hers with eyes stilled closed. “I’m serious, I have to head out in a bit, so sleep.”


Jessica shook her head, eyes opening slowly to stare at their intertwined fingers as she used her free hand to play with Tiffany’s fingers sticking out. “Where are you going to go?” Tiffany smiled an action that always happens regardless whenever she was with Jessica, “You’re not going to be gone long right?”


The other girl simply shook her head before pushing Jessica’s hair back from falling over her eyes and kissing her cheek gently, “I’m just going to run some errands for work.” She stared at the pouting girl and all Tiffany could do was laugh gently as she straddled the other girl under her, “I’ll be back. Trust me… why would I run away from you?”


Jessica smiled and it brought that dizzying effect back as she was left breathless at the sight. “Yeah, why would you?” She made a move to sit up but Tiffany put her hand on Jessica’s shoulder halting her movements and the other girl simply stared at her questionably. “What’s up?”

 

Tiffany smiled before leaning down to place a gently kiss upon Jessica’s lips, feeling the way her heart suddenly felt lighter and being hyperaware of where Jessica had her hands. She breathed against her lips, letting out a sigh as she spoke, into the space between them, “I love you.”


Jessica smiled, her hands that were previously on her lower back, reached up to cup Tiffany’s face before kissing her once more. Tiffany’s hair fell forward, creating a curtain that shielded them away from anything that wasn’t them. Jessica’s hands left her neck to gently rake her nails against Tiffany’s back, effectively drawing shivers to erupt at the sensation. 


Jessica let out a sigh once they separated as she rested her head against Tiffany’s chest, hearing perfectly well the way her heart  was beating furiously inside her chest. “How am I suppose to let you go after that?” Jessica looked up just in time to see Tiffany smile at her words, “I love you, too.” 


The other girl simply wrapped her arms around Jessica’s form before sighing in contentment, “But I love you more. “ Tiffany smiled at the way Jessica’s expression changed at her words before she began speaking once more, “Though we don’t really have a scale to measure love, I’m sure I love you more that you love me, Jessie.”


“How can you say that with such confidence, Tiff?” Jessica asked as she planted a kiss against the other girl’s collar bone. “you say that there isn’t a scale to measure love but I’m certain that even if there were, a scale wouldn’t come anywhere near to measure the love I have for you… I love you infinitely,  Tiffany.”


Tiffany couldn’t help the huge grin that appeared at the other girl’s words, “This is why you read, isn’t it? To spout  poetic nothings just to make me fall even more in love with you.”  


Jessica laughed at the theory before shaking her head, “I could give you more lines describing just how much I love you, and classifying it as poetic wouldn’t be enough.”


Tiffany set her forehead against the side of Jessica’s face, breathing in the sweet scent of flowers she’s so used to invading her senses. “You and your words…”

 
Jessica smiled before turning her head to Tiffany could face her, “My words and I, love you.”


Tiffany just shook her head in defeat before capturing Jessica’s lips with her and kissing her with such fervor that would replace any and all silly words that she had thought about to say to Jessica but she knew it wouldn’t compare, so she traded her words for something Jessica already understood perfectly. 


She  pushed against her so Jessica’s back met the soft mattress below her before she started peppering Jessica’s  lips and jaw line with butterfly kisses just as her hands trailed a fire upon Jessica’s skin -- a fire that could only be put out by the same person that ignited them.  

 

Jessica’s hands reached up to pull Tiffany down so she could kiss her but the other girl pinned Jessica's hands above her hand, halting her advances and Jessica simply stared up at her in confusion. 

 

Tiffany simply gave her a peck on the lips before sitting up and pulling her shirt over her head before leaning back down to kiss Jessica but stopping midway, their lips brushing as Tiffany spoke, “I don’t need words to prove to you just how much I love you.”


The small glimmer that flashed across Jessica’s eyes at that moment no longer reminded Tiffany of the stars. No -- this time it reminded her of winter mornings as the snowflakes fell, it reminded her of fireplaces and hot chocolate in the evening. It was something only they could understand -- a look promising forever. 

 

A love that was infinite. 

 


stay healthy and love freely~