April Showers

Today, Tomorrow, Always

(A/N): Hello guys, how are you? Here's a new update from me and well I hope you like it and please be kind enough to leave a short comment below ~ 

Rain~ Rain~ ^^

Haply reading. Bye~


 

The tapping against the hard wooden table was relentless as eyes of melted chocolate gazed upon the many droplets falling from the sky and soaking everything. Other times she would have been pleased by the sudden rain but not now, where she sat in the cafe wondering how in the world she was suposed to go back home now.


Had she been at fault? Testing her luck the second she stepped out of her home and stared up at the overhanging clouds, dark and impending — without an umbrella.


(But when was she ever lucky?)


She gripped the warm cup in her hands, sighing in annoyance for the rain wasn't clearing anytime soon. With a rather displeased sound escaping her thin lips, she pushed her hair back and glared at the falling rain — maybe if she stared long enough it'll go away.

She slapped her cheek softly — she was hopeless. Her gaze shifted away from the rain and instead observed quietly the remaining people inside the cafe who looked rather unperturbed by the rain though Jessica was sure they were prepared if the umbrellas by their side were anything to go by.


Was the world conspiring against her?

 

Perhaps she had been absolutely wrong in opting for a nice coffee and study session. She smirked as a thought entered her mind — maybe she shouldn't be studying and that's what the world was trying to tell her.

 

Her smile disappeared though, a split second later — why was she being so delusional.


She should have stayed home in bed all day but well she did need to study for that midterm exam that was making a dark cloud hang over her shoulder — yes she knew it was ironic — as her stress increased day by day.


She blamed Yuri and her persistant nature for not growing tired of persuading her to hang out — the girl would do anything just to procrastinate her studying and Jessica was certain that the taller girl never really studies at all. And yet Jessica has grown envious of Yuri's academic mark which was relatively high for a person who procastinates even her own sleep.

 

Jessica was sure that the other girl was currently either out playing in the rain or hiding out in her room with a blanket covering her as she searches YouTube for God knows what — Jessica knows Yuri needs to finish that report for their shared Language class.

 

She was certain because she, herself has yet to finish it and it is due in just two days time.

 

Why is she even thinking about the other girl? Is it possible that hanging out with her has somehow managed to infect in her the procrastination decease because that is exactly what she has been doing for the last ten minutes.

 

There was no way in hell she would go back home in that pouring rain — and yes she was procrastinating finishing her light studying because if she stopped now that meant she'd had to leave and well that wasn't possible.

 

She put too much work into her hair before heading out only for the work to go by unacknowledged simply because the rain would erase any and all traces of a tough morning battling with her messy bed head — she will not stand for it.

 

She switched her gaze towards the door where the bell above it had rung signifying a new customer or maybe someone taking shelter from the rain.

 

Her eyes locked onto a pink umbrella — that was being shaken to remove excess water — then quickly towards the owner of said umbrella. To say she was surprised was an understatement because suddenly her heart raced at the sight of raven coloured hair and eyes reminding her of fresh autumn days — was she truly unlucky?

 

Standing now at the counter asking for a drink or the like was none other than Jessica's long term crush (when was it ever just a crush?). Her black coat just slightly wet and hair tousled to the side reminding her of just how windy it must be outside.

 

She stared — Jessica knew it wasn't polite but the other girl was never capable of being overlooked. She had guys and some girls falling at her feet. Jessica being one of them though tragically, not once has Jessica spoken to said girl.

 

Her eyes remained on the girl as she took her drink with a warm smile and looked around the cafe for an empty seat. By some of chance the only seat available was at Jessica's table so once the other girl's landed on her table Jessica tired her best — but failed — to avert her gaze and make it seem as if she wasn't just staring at her.

 

"Hi,"

 

At those words Jessica's heart skipped a beat and she felt her stomach go uneasy as she looked up slowly and almost choked as her body took in the close proximity of the other girl.

 

"Is this seat taken? You see the other are busy and I don't want to intrude on your studying—"

 

"It's fine, you can take a seat."

 

The girl, Tiffany smiled that smile that was capable of mending and breaking hearts that Jessica loved and despised all the same. She averted her gaze and instead focused on the printed words on her book hoping that reading would provide a nice distraction but her eyes seem to reread the same line over and over again and she groaned in frustration — she really was unlucky.

 

"Hey,"

 

Jessica looked up at those words, finding Tiffany observing her intently as she blew on her cup of coffee.


"Are you alright?"


Jessica simply nodded, words stuck on the tip of her tongue as her brain short circuited at the sight of Tiffany's tongue darting out and wetting her lips.


So damn unlucky.

 

Jessica shifted her gaze to the rain still falling.


"Have we met before...?"

 

Jessica hummed,  her heart being utterly messed up and going crazy it wouldn't be surprising if she somehow passed out just by being near this girl.

 

She nodded.

 

Memories of a short encounter a few years prior to this moment. Flashes of a library and spilled papers, of a gentle hand helping to steady her, of hair — honey coloured, then — hitting her face gently as the person turned to pick up her paper, of eyes so hipnotizing that had Jessica dealing and almost landing on her bottom as she had lost her footing.

 

After that all she remembered were small moments of interactions between them throughout hallways and staircases, fleeting moments so insignificant compared to others but etched permanently on her mind.

 

"A few times at school... I'm Jessica."

 

The other girl smiled, eyes forming crescent moons that reminded her of nights drowned in thoughts of only her, she was lost in all things Tiffany.

 

"I'm Tiffany. No wonder you seem familiar… the rain kinda came out of nowhere, huh?"

 

Jessica gazed at the window and contemplated whether the other girl had realized just how cloudy and nostalgic this day had been.


"Yeah, it kinda did."


"Oh," Tiffany's head tilted to the side, hair falling over her cheek as she observed Jessica, "you don't have an umbrella?"


Jessica was too busy trying to control her breathing at the sight of this girl that just reminded her of a puppy, she was curious though, did she do this often.


"No, I came out when it wasn't raining."


Tiffany hummed before taking a drink from her cup and pushing her hair back.


"How are you going to get back home then, the rain doesn't seem to want to stop anytime soon."


Jessica shrugged as she closed her book and set her head atop her hand, "I dunno."


"Want me to walk you home?"


Perhaps she wasn't as unlucky as she had previously thought.


Suddenly she found herself thanking the rain for not only creating this miraculous moment between Tiffany and her but also for the opportunity of leaving her hair intact.