Sunlight Verse

Today, Tomorrow, Always

The smile that traveled upon her lips was automatic, as eyes of melted chocolate landed on a girl half sitting-half laying atop the table. There were various books strewn across the table, she could spot one under the other girl's cheeks, a faint blush adorning those cheeks as well.


Tiffany looked on, being in awe with the way the sunlight wrote verses upon Jessica's figure — of her dark hair, painting it a golden brown, reminding her of autumn and of a gentle kiss exchanged among falling leaves around them. She knew this was a sight she would never forget in all her entirety.


With soft steps she walked toward the sleeping girl, hand reaching out to push away a few scattered traces of hair obscuring Jessica's still features, eyelashes long and beautiful, casting a soft shadow to graze her rosy cheeks.


Jessica remained asleep, fingers twitching around a pencil that would fall from her lazy grasp any moment now. Tiffany pulled said item away and instead let it fall into the space between the pages of the open book.


She looked on, marveling the sight in front of her and she realized she's never felt more in love than at this moment — staring at the girl who rivaled all and any beautiful things to ever exist in the world and yes, Tiffany knew that beauty was subjective but how else was she to describe this girl if not beautiful?


It had been no more than a month since they both confessed to their feelings, being happy that the other felt the same way. Tiffany knew that it was lucky, to have your feelings returned and to be frank she wouldn't give anything to replace the feeling in her stomach every time she laid eyes on the slightly older girl.


She took a seat next to the girl, being gentle in her movements of shaking Jessica awake — eyes falling over onto lips so soft and inviting it only took a moment for Tiffany to look around before claiming those lips as hers.


She felt Jessica stir a bit before a pair of dark mesmerizing eyes locked onto hers and a lazy smile grazed Jessica's soft lips.


"And so the princess awakes."


Jessica laughed, kissing Tiffany's lips in a lazy manner before answering, "I wouldn't mind falling asleep if you're the one I wake up to."


Tiffany gave her a soft shy smile, hiding behind her history notebook as she gently hit Jessica's shoulder.


"Wow, maybe you should spend less time in a library reading sappy love stories."

 

"Why would I want to read sappy love stories if I am living my own with you?"

 

"Our love isn't sappy—" Tiffany had scoffed hitting the older girl once more.


Jessica simply smiled, standing and stretching before going behind the younger girl, encircling her arms around her shoulders in a back hug, head falling towards Tiffany's shoulder, kissing her neck gently.


"We're late for class," Tiffany had informed when Jessica began nibbling the younger girl's ear.


"Well, if we're already late what's the point of going?"


"Come on, let's go or we'll get in trouble."


Jessica sighed, leaving the other girl to pack up her things, "Fine…"

 

Tiffany laughed softly taking Jessica's hand and threading their fingers together, "I love you."

 

"Yeah, yeah~"

 

The smile that formed on Tiffany's lips rivaled the brightness of the suns rays.


 

 (A/N): Hello~ Here's a short drabbled inspired by a similar experience ^^ Until next time I guess, bye~ Please let me know what you think.

Hey, if you have a prompt I'll gladly seek out a way to write it out for you, if you're interested comment down below ~


stay healthy and love freely
shadow14