The fifth time

The five times Jongin tried to kiss Kyungsoo in public and the one time he succeeded

 

The fifth time.

The fifth time happened when exo was on a short vacation in Fiji. The company had finally decided to give the boys some time off to truly enjoy themselves without schedules or practices, and to the twelve members, it was heaven.

 

They had spent most of their time swimming, whether it be crystal clear seas, or the large rooftop pool in their rented bungalow. Everything was going well for the boys, who each had their own room in which they shared with their lovers, making up for their lost time being so immersed in schedules, they ate well, rested well, and of course, ed well. 

 

The sun was already shining bright but the members were still sleeping, except for a certain Do Kyungsoo, who was up and about, making pancakes and bacon for s. He was flipping a pancake when two muscular arms sneaked around his waist, causing him to jump slightly. "Ya! Kim Jong In, don't scare me like that. I'm cooking you know, what if the hot oil spills all over us?" Kyungsoo lectured, yet made no effort to push his clingy boyfriend away.

"How'd you know it was me?" Jongin asked, nuzzling his face in Kyungsoo's neck, voice still sleepy and husky. He let go of his boyfriend when Kyungsoo turned around to arrange his tower of pancakes and bacon into twelve plates. 

"Pabo, you're my boyfriend, of course I know it's you." Kyungsoo says endearingly, making Jongin heart flutter as his lips turned up into a grin. "Don't just stand there, help me wake the others up."

 

Soon enough, the other members were trudging out of their rooms with sleepy faces and tired yawns, except a certain blushing couple who were looking awkward. " Got caught doing the deed huh?" Kyungsoo asks as he gestured for everyone to seat down and eat.

"I ing hate your boyfriend, hyung." Zitao mumurs into his palms, hiding his still beet red face. Kris, meanwhile has already forgotten about that situation and was stuffing his face with pancakes.

"Who even gives s in the morning?" Jongin groans, taking his place beside Kyungsoo. At this, Kris chokes on his food and gulps a mouthful of water before glaring at Jongin.

"I'm sorry that my wonderful boyfriend woke me up today by pleasuring me. I'm sorry Kyungsoo doesn't as a wake up call-" 

"Guys can we please shut up and eat?" Minseok asks, rubbing his temples when a headache began to form. As the oldest in the group, everyone kept quiet and finally started to eat.

 

Jongin was washing his plate when Kyungsoo came over and tugged on his sleeve to get his attention. "Jongin-ah."

"Yes babe?" Jongin asks, rinsing and putting his plate on the rack before turning around to face his boyfriend.

"Can we go to the beach? I feel like taking a stroll. I think I ate too much." Kyungsoo frowns slightly. And of course, his lovely boyfriend agreed immediately and went to change into his beach shorts before the two of them went out.

 

The beach wasn't crowded as it was a weekday, but of course there were still a few surfers and couples sun bathing here and there.

Jongin took the opportunity and laced his fingers with Kyungsoo's, who surprisingly, didn't pull his hand away. They were so used to only touching and holding each other in private and secrecy that even the small act of holding hands in public made the both of them turn to each other, smiling. 

"Ya, I'm tired. Can we sit down?" Jongin asks, plopping himself down onto the sand and refusing to stand up, before pulling Kyungsoo down together with him. Kyungsoo laughs at his boyfriend's childish behaviour but his laughter died out when he felt a large palm his cheek. "Silly, you got sand on your cheek." Jongin says softly, before gently brushing the sand away. 

"Thank you." Kyungsoo whispers back, looking up so that their eyes met and a loving gaze met an equally loving one. 

"Babe..." Jongin whispers again before slowly moving his head toward Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo moves forward as well and as soon as plush lips met heart shaped ones, a loud camera clicking sound was heard. Kyungsoo quickly pulls away in fear of getting caught by the public but only sighs in relieve when he saw that it was Zitao who took the polaroid picture. 

"Isn't it cute, kris ge?" Zitao asks, waving the polaroid picture excitedly in front of Kris. 

"Seriously guys, my boyfriend finally decides to kiss me in public and I get interrupted by you two?" Jongin groans yet again, standing up and dusting his pants before pulling his boyfriend up as well.

"But Jongin-ah, I got a great souvenir for you!" Zitao says, prancing over to show Jongin his picture, and Jongin can't help to agree that the picture was indeed beautiful. The two were kissing on the golden Fiji sand with a nice scenery of palm trees and the waves behind them. "I'll give it to you if convince Kris ge to buy ice cream for me. He won't let me get ice cream because he said i have a sore throat but it's only sore from him just now." Zitao says, snatching the polaroid away, a giant pout on his lips and eyes pleading.

Jongin smirks before walking over to Kris and whispering something in his ear. Zitao could see Kris furrowing his eyebrows and biting his lips as if in deep thought, before nodding his head reluctantly. Jongin walks back over to Zitao, giving him the thumbs up.

"What did you say?" Kyungsoo inquires curiously. " Kris hyung isn't one to waver easily."

"Easy, I told him that if he doesn't get Tao his ice cream, he's not getting any action from his princess for a month. " Jongin smirks, obviously pleased with himself.

"Why didn't I think of that..." Zitao mumbles, handing over the polaroid picture to Jongin. "Wait!" He shouts suddenly, before pulling Kris to the spot where Jongin and Kyungsoo were interrupted. "I want a picture here too. Kyungsoo hyung, could you help us take one? " 

Kyungsoo nodded before picking up the camera from the sand and taking the picture. The picture was beautiful too. Kris had his arms around Zitao's waist, smiling brightly at the camera while Zitao's arms were around Kris' neck, tiptoeing as well so as to plant a kiss on Kris' cheek. 

 

While taking the photo, Kyungsoo felt slightly envious at how the Taoris couple felt so natural being lovey dovey in font of others and even in the public. He glanced over to Jongin, who was still staring at the polaroid picture in his hand. A tinge of guilt tugged at his heart when he suddenly thought about all those times he rejected Jongin's public displays of affection. 

After taking the photo, he passed the camera back to Zitao and walked over to Jongin, tugging at his wrist before lacing their fingers together. "I'm sorry...for always rejecting your love in public." Kyungsoo apologises. "Forgive me?"

Jongin frowned, confused for a moment before finally understanding the situation. Jongin smiles and pulls Kyungsoo in for a tight hug. "Babe...there's nothing to apologise for. That's just your character and I love you for who you are, you don't have to change for me, or anyone. I should be the one saying sorry for always trying to kiss you and touch you in public." 

"But that's your character as well." Kyungsoo mumurs into Jongin's chest before pulling him down by his collar. "I love you." And at that, Kyungsoo sealed his sentence with a kiss. 

Fifth try : SUCCESS!!