The third time

The five times Jongin tried to kiss Kyungsoo in public and the one time he succeeded

The third time

The third time was well planned, or so as Jongin thought. He smiled as he checked himself out in the mirror. He had to look suave tonight, he thought, as the stylist was gelling his fringe. No, he had to look absolutely perfect.

He was the mastermind behind a wonderful plan of using his favourite maknae to his advantage. Sehun, who was usually in charge for fan service of pushing two members together in a mock kiss, would be serving him well in return for a Korean barbecue treat. He had bribed the maknae secretly when they were practicing their dance moves the night before.

When Jongin had told Sehun of his plan, Sehun rejected, saying that Kyungsoo would most definitely kill him in the most brutal way possible. However, his stomach hasn't been fed meat in a long time and betrayed him the moment Jongin mentioned "barbecue", hence, a deal was quickly made, in promise also that Kyungsoo couldn't get his hands on Sehun.

Jongin planned to look perfect so that when the fancams took their photos, he was ready to collage them nicely into a photo for his lockscreen. And also, of course, he wanted the whole world to know who Do Kyungsoo belonged to.

The night went by perfectly and it was soon going to be Sehun's fan service time. Jongin was secretly nervous but he shrugged it off, and acted nonchalant, waving and posing for his "Kai fansite cameras". He was honestly surprised when he felt a grip on his hand which he didn't recognise as kyungsoo's. He turned around mid-pose to see Sehun gripping his hand while he had a tight hold on Kyungsoo's as well.

Kyungsoo, with a devilish glare in his eyes.

"Exo-Ls! What do you all think about these two? First time in history huh?" Sehun released his grip on Jongin before speaking into the mike, erupting screams of "Kaisoo"

After the crowd has calmed down a bit, Sehun still wanted to tease them a little. "My lovely EXO-Ls! What do you want these two to do?" 

The crowd went wild. There were screams of "Hug!" "Kiss" and even "" Sehun laughed into the back of his hand when his ears caught that last word. "I see, you guys have spoken. A kiss it is!" 

Sehun started to push Kyungsoo and Jongin together slowly, inch by inch until their noses almost touched. Just as Jongin was about to move forward to capture Kyungsoo's lips by surprise and show the world that they were together, Kyungsoo backed away suddenly. "Tao ah, did you call me?" 

Kyungsoo feigned looking confused when Tao shook his head no before continuing his interrupted conversation with Kris. "Really? Must have been a fan that sounded like Tao then." Kyungsoo fake-wondered loudly into his microphone so that the fans would think that he really thought someone had called him.

Meanwhile, Jongin was rooted in his original position, shocked that his plan has once again failed so miserably. At least the angle must have made a picture or two seem believable, Jongin contemplates, briefly losing himself in thought, before he realized how pathetic he had sounded in his head.

The moment they had reached backstage, Kyungsoo grabbed both Sehun and Jongin into a corridor before crossing his arms and staring at them furiously. The two maknaes kept their mouth shut, looking down on the ground instead like two students getting caught by the teacher.

"Hello?" Kyungsoo asked exasperatedly. "I need an explanation. That wasn't what we planned. It was supposed to be me and Jongdae. Sehun, tell me what's going on now."

"Jongin wanted me-" before he could continue betraying Jongin, his mouth was slammed shut by a palm.

"It's my fault babe," Jongin starts, hoping that the pet name would calm his fuming boyfriend down. "It's entirely my fault. Don't blame Sehun-"

There was once again an interruption as Luhan pranced into the corridor before looking confusedly at the three guys. "What's going on here? Whatever I'm not interested. Sehunnie~ you were supposed to go get that fried rice we saw at the basement downstairs with me! Did you forget? " Luhan pouted, dragging Sehun by his arm. 

"Of course I didn't forget, Kyungsoo just needed to speak to me for a bit. Let's go now okay?" Sehun tried reassuring his boyfriend while escaping from the scenario hastily. When he was almost out of sight, a faint, "you still owe me barbecue, Jongin!" was heard.

"What was that supposed to mean?" Kyungsoo questioned, narrowing his eyes as his sharp ears picked up on what was being shouted from afar. 

"Ahhh...I have no idea either. But speaking of barbecue, I'm very hungry too. Are you? Would you like to go get something to eat? There's a nice bingsu place nearby and I know how much you like bingsu!" Jongin quickly changed the topic and gave the best eye smile he could. 

"Bingsu? Hmm okay." Kyungsoo was momentarily distracted by the delicious dessert. "Wait a minute..Kim Jong IN!"

"Bingsu it is babe." Jongin laughed, holding his boyfriend's hand in his while they walked to the bingsu place, with Kyungsoo trudging unwillingly but for the sake of his favourite dessert....he'll let it pass.

Third try : FAIL!