Personal Dog

That Gang Leader is a DORK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

08: Personal Dog

 

Just as I’ve expected, things have gotten quite complicated after what happened yesterday.

 

I was planning to skip classes today because I didn’t want to show my face to the students in school. However, being the devoted scholar that I am, I figured that I should not neglect my duties as a student just because I did something…insane. I’ll just face these problems head-on!

 

As soon as I entered the gate of the school, I expected students to throw eggs and tomatoes or any other things at me, but surprisingly, they didn’t. And to think I even brought an extra uniform with me today. Oh well.

 

While walking along the corridor, I noticed the students looking at me with gritted teeth. However, they never said a word. Things are quite…odd.

 

 

“Jieun-ah!”

 

 

Minjung rushed towards me with a worried face as soon as I got inside our classroom. The rest of my classmates were just hostile yet quiet. It’s as if they’re aware that I already entered the room but they’re pretending like they didn’t see me. “Minjung-ah. Did something happen yesterday after I left?”

 

Yesterday, as soon as I was done provoking Myungsoo, I immediately ran out of the campus without looking back. I even forgot that I was supposed to go home with Minjung. “Well…L-sunbae was frozen for a while. Then he suddenly called for our attention.”

 

“Really? And then?”

 

“He told the students not to do anything to…you. He said that if he ever finds out you are being bullied, the person responsible would face the consequences. He said he wants to deal with the issue by himself.”

 

Oh. So I guess that’s why everyone is acting odd today. They’re not bullying me because they’re holding themselves back. I bet if it wasn’t for Myungsoo’s warning, I’d be dead by now.

 

He’s probably thinking that if I get bullied, I’ll reveal his deepest secrets to everyone in school. Well, that idea never really crossed my mind but now that I think about it, it’s not so bad.

 

 

I’ll manipulate him for a while until he finally lowers his head down to apologize to me.

 

 

~~~~★★★★★★★~~~~

 

 

-Myungsoo’s POV-

 

 

“Kim Myungsoo!”

 

I ignored Sungyeol’s annoying voice which kept calling out to me for a few minutes now. I just continued to pace back and forth on the rooftop with the rest of the members observing me with dumbfounded faces.

 

“Myungsoo!” Sungyeol stood in front of me and stopped me from pacing. “We all saw what happened yesterday! When will you finally explain to us what’s going on?”

 

I was about to open my mouth, but I realized it’s too complicated and difficult to explain so I just shut my mouth and turned my back from Sungyeol.

 

“Based on the intimate distance between you and Jieun-sshi,” said Woohyun. “Could it be that you’re…dating?”

 

“WHAT?!” Both Sungyeol and I exclaimed at the same time. I shook my head and laughed as if I’ve just heard the most ridiculous thing ever. “There’s no way, man. I’d rather die!”

 

Howon suddenly closed his laptop and looked at me with a straight face. “But I’ve never seen you that close with a girl before. You were even whispering things to each other,”

 

Sungyeol gasped as he covered his ears with his hands. “No! Don’t say stuff like that, Howon-ah! You’re tainting Jieunnie’s innocent name!”

 

“But what if she’s not really innocent?” Sunggyu remarked as he wriggled his eyebrows and grinned. “And what if Myungsoo’s not innocent as well? And what if they both did something which isn’t innocent at all? And—“

 

Sunggyu wasn’t able to finish since he got tackled by Sungyeol. “Don’t say anything more! Just don’t!”

 

I rolled my eyes at the two who were currently wrestling with each other. I turned to look at Sungjong and noticed that he looks so lost and confused. Oh God, I forgot we have an innocent freshman in our group.

 

“Yah, quit fooling around, you two! And to the rest of you guys, stop making Rated-R comments, okay? There’s nothing between that Witch and I.”

 

“Okay,” Dongwoo nodded. “If you say there’s nothing between the two of you, then we believe you. But what’s the issue, exactly?”

 

“That’s right,” Woohyun agreed. “As your friends, we have the right to at least know what your problem is.”

 

Sunggyu and Sungyeol stopped fighting. The members all turned to look at me and waited for my explanation.

 

I heaved out a sigh and shook my head, implying that I’m not yet ready to explain things to them. How can I tell them that the one who has my journal is the Witch whom I shared my first kiss with?!

 

No matter how much I dislike it, I’ll just have to accept the fact that this issue should be kept solely between that Witch and I.

 

 

 

~~~~★★★★★★★~~~~

 

 

-Jieun’s POV-

 

 

“Jieun-ah,”

 

“Yes, Minjung-ah.”

 

“You know, you’ve been keeping a lot of things from me lately.”

 

“…”

 

“And I know Sungyeol-sshi talks to you a lot, but this is the first time I’ve seen him follow you so persistently outside the classroom.”

 

“…”

 

“L-sunbae and Sungyeol-sshi…seriously, Jieun-ah. What’s going on?”

 

I stopped on my tracks, took a deep breath, and faced Minjung. “I know you’re my best friend but things are quite complicated right now,” then I turned to face Sungyeol who’s been following us eversince classes ended. “And Sungyeol-sshi…may I ask why you’re following us?”

 

Sungyeol looked at me with a worried expression. “Jieunnie…”

 

 

“Jung Jieun.”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter