The Black Notebook

That Gang Leader is a DORK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01: The Black Notebook

 

 

I'm a very normal high school girl. I'm not that smart, but I'm not dumb either. Not amazingly pretty, but not ugly. Not rich, but not poor. In short, I'm the average type.

 

I study at Woollim High. It's one of the most prestigious schools in Seoul. I was able to attend here through a scholarship. High school life here has been good so far. I've met good friends, good teachers, and on top of that, the most famous gang in the city is here.

 

Surprisingly enough, the people here don’t really fear them. In fact, they’re admired here. Well, the fact that they’re all good-looking and rich probably contributed to their fame. Needless to say, they’re not really thugs or bullies. They were just a group of friends who kept getting challenged by thugs from other schools ‘cause of their intimidating presence. They got into a few fights because of those challenges, which eventually led to them being labeled as a ‘gang’ as well.

 

 

"They're here! The Infinite boys are coming!!!"

 

 

And with that announcement, all of the girls in the classroom (me included), automatically ran towards the hallway and waited for them to arrive. Infinite was the name given to them by a rival gangster, and despite not wanting a gang name, words regarding their group eventually circulated and the name stuck with them in the end.

 

 

“INFINITE!!!!”

 

 

When they finally came into view, loud shrieks started to echo in the hallway. I wasn't the shrieking type, though. I was a quiet admirer. I would just stare at them with awe and with a smile. Then once I enter the four corners of my room, that's when I would release everything. Yep, I’m a closet fan. Wouldn’t want my parents to know that I actually fangirl over a gang. I actually don’t want to have anything to do with them. They seem harmless but there are times when they give off dangerous vibes, especially their leader.

 

 

"! THEY'RE GETTING CLOSER! HELP ME BREATHE!"

 

"THEY'RE RADIATING GORGEOUSNESS EVEN FROM AFAR!"

 

 

 

And there they were.

 

 

INFINITE.

 

 

Seven of the most gorgeous men to ever walk the streets of Seoul, as dubbed by their extreme fangirls. They are led by Kim Myungsoo, who prefers to be called L. He is the only son of Kim Jaesuk, CEO of Woollim Enterprises (which is affiliated with Woollim High), and the famous veteran actress, Han Mirae. Also, he is my first love. I was never interested in men since I was too focused on my studies, until I met him during middle school. There was just something about him that intrigued me. He gave off a cold and mysterious vibe, but I kept having this feeling that there was more to him than that. Even so, I preferred to keep my feelings to myself, since he is, after all, the leader of a seemingly dangerous gang.

 

 

"L-OPPA! MARRY MEEEEE!"

 

"OMG HE LOOKS SO HOT TODAY AS USUAL!"

 

 

Myungsoo, who was standing in the center of the group, seemed to be oblivious to the commotion surrounding him. He loosened his necktie and adjusted his skull-shaped earphones. Then he continued to walk forward with his hands on his pockets. The girls who witnessed these common actions of his immediately went nuts. I'm obviously one of those girls. I just didn't express it on the outside.

 

"Yah! Jung Jieun!"

 

I looked around me and saw my friend, Kang Minjung, struggling to make her way through the crowd. After much difficulty, she was finally able to stand next to me.

 

"Minjung-ah! You missed the chance. Woohyun already finished throwing his hearts a few seconds ago,"

 

Minjung pouted. Nam Woohyun's heart-throwing session was something she never dared to miss. It's Woohyun's signature fanservice moment.

 

The one who always stops him and scolds him for being too greasy is his closest friend, Kim Sunggyu. He's known to be the nagger of the group. Also, he gets annoyed whenever he sees the other members do cheesy stuff. Perhaps he inherited the strict personality of his father, Kim Seungho, who is a politician. Girls say that his charm is his tiny eyes, which disappears whenever he smiles or whenever he's angry.

 

Then there's Jang Dongwoo who always carries a smile on his face. He's the most cheerful and optimistic member. He lives on his own and runs a dojo with his long-time friend, Howon.

 

Lee Howon is the most athletic guy in the campus. He's the president of the taekwondo, kendo, basketball, volleyball, and the soccer club. Not only that, he's also known to be a genius since he tops the exams most of the time.

 

The complete opposite of Howon is his cousin, Lee Sungyeol. Unlike Howon, Sungyeol is the type that loves to play around and th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter