Stealing Ability

Special Powers

Pie’s POV

In other place, same time...

“Huft...” I was mad at Jane. All I knew, Mario is Kim’s best friend. Zee, maybe she is Kim’s closest friend. And what about Jane? Who is she? I bet she’s nothing for Kim.

So here I am, sitting in the middle of the class. I put my head on the table, feeling very lazy today. “It’s for sure, I heard it. Golf is at this school’s attached hospital today. I received information that he’s come for preparation medical examination.” I heard a whisper from behind. Someone in this class who has extraordinary hearing said in the back of the class. I turn my head to see what happen there. Almost all the students were there, listening to the boy talk. I stood up and walked toward them. I looked at the one who has extraordinary hearing. He has a handsome face, tall and athletic body. His badge was Green. If I’m not mistaken, his name is Maysa.

“Who is Golf, Maysa?” I can’t help it to ask. Yes, I don’t have any clue about what the others talked about.

“Seriously, Pie? You don’t know him?” He looked at me with disbelief. And now everyone in this class is looking at me. “He’s an alice graduate super star and also a singer. The rumor is that he has the voice pheromone. Enchanting miracle voice! It’s said that by simply listening to his voice, girls hearts melt. His full name is Golf Pichaya.”

“Amazing! Such a famous person is here!?”

“That’s what we’ve been telling you.” Maysa sighed.

“Hey, come here!” Van told us to get closer to him. He wanted us to look at a screen in front of him with a background the school yard, so close to the school gate. Some students were hiding in the bushes, and there are some teachers who dragged them angrily. “They probably got the information a while ago and made up some plans.” Van had spy firefly that has a hidden camera. So we can know what it was seeing.

“So lucky! I also want to see Golf in person!” I shouted, begging to see him.

“You didn’t even know who he was until now.” Boy rolled his eyes. “Oh right! Maysa, you said that Golf this school, in the hospital exatcly. Is that mean....”

We all looked at each other with deep tought. As we are aware, we shouted. “Jane!”

 

Golf’s POV

I looked out of the limousine window. A lot of people, ah more precisely students, who are calling out my name. They were screaming so hysterically like I was Adam Levine. Golf!! Golf is here! Yeah, something like that. “Noisy! What’s all this excitement? Wasn’t it supposed to be a secret?” I would complain to Puke, one of my bodyguards.

“It can’t be helped. This is where people with special powers located after all.” He wore all black, from head to toe. Except one thing, his hair turned white. Yes, he is aging.

After we arrived, Puke opened the door for me. “Golf! We love you! Kyaa!” I heard those screaming that can make me become deaf.

“Never thought I’d step back into this place like this. It’s been five years.” I stared at this school coldly.

 

Pie’s POV

“Waaa! I hate you, Jane!” I shouted out loud. Hey, I was so envious! Is it normal, right?

Suddenly Maysa came near us. “Not even once she ever been treated by Kim as a friend and now she’s representative of friends?!”

“It’s Jane we’re talking about. She probably used some kind of dirty trick.” It’s Meena beside him. She is beautiful. Cute enough. I heard she has teleportation ability.

“The teacher’s surveillance is pretty strict around the hospital, right?” Yam asked.

“Isn’t there some way we can get to meet Golf in person? I want an autograph.” Boy said in hopeless way.

“Hey, guys! Let’s meet Golf!” Van handed us some things. I bet it made by himself. “This is communication earmuffs, so we’ll be keeping contact. This function is to inform each other of our situations.” He gave us earmuffs. “This is the recorder ring. With this you’ll recording Golf’s miracle voice.” Again, he gave us his things. “In this case, we shouldn’t try meeting Golf one by one, but choose one person to represent all and meet him. Well..” We whispered, planning the ways to meet Golf.

“Alright! Mission ‘Meeting Superstar, Golf Pichaya’! Put our lives on the line!” I screamed hysterically.

“Yeah! Let’s go!” We all raise our hands up, as ready for a war.

 

Golf’s POV

We were greeted by an old man who claimed him to be the head of this hospital. “I don’t know how the students found out. I’m terribly sorry for the commotion. How does it feel be back?” He started talking while we were walking around the hospital, and yeah, I ignored him. “Yes, I see. Well, you were here a long time, so you’re still accustomed to the atmosphere. Our school’s hospital is renowned in all Thailand.. No, best in the world!”

I don’t care about this hospital. It’s none of my bussiness. “What about P’Air? I heard she became a teacher here.”

He looked suprised with my questions. “Ah, you are talking about her. Unfortunately, she is busy grouping the students at the moment.”

“Oh.” Only that came out from my mouth. I’m not really interested in this visit. I walked lazily, but then someone caught my eyes. I stopped my walk. “Tiger.” I said almost whisper.

“Eh? Is something wrong?” I thought the old man wasn’t hear what I just said.

“...I thought, this role would simply be troublesome. Seems like that won’t be the case.” I smirked, staring at the opened door. That tiger had some visitors, but she seemed sick. Her face was pale.

 

Pie’s POV

In other hand, Maysa, Meena, Van and Yam has been caught by the teachers. Leaving me and Boy. “Passing over corpses, holding our companions’ regrets in our hearts, Boy and I have finally reached the hospital.” I took a heavy breath. Right now, we are in the hospital. Hiding from the teachers.

“You are too overacted, Pie. We haven’t passed corpses.” He grumbled me and sighed. “Alright, Pie, listen to me. I will go directly to the left side, while you go to the right side.” Boy pointed where I have to go. “Don’t let them catch you key?” I nodded. After we say goodbye, I started down the hallway of the hospital. This school’s hospital is very big and has lots of hallways that may mislead people here. Which room Kim was treated? Didn’t Boy say earlier that Kim is being hospitalized in the east way? If I’m not mistaken, her room number is 301. It’s said her sickness was caused by overwork. It’s not like I’m worried about her or anything. It’s simply unusual that she gets weak. Hm.. Just gonna peek in to see how she is doing right now.

When I was walking skulking, I involuntarily bumps into a woman with long straight hair and tall body. “Jane!” I shouted. “What are you doing here? Weren’t you supposed to visit Kim? Where is Mario and Zee?”

“Uh-ah-I... Kim isn’t feeling well, I decided to leave her so she can take a rest. I don’t want to disturb her. About Mario and Zee, they left first.” She tried to hide something behind her body. Unfortunately, I knew what she hide.

“Why did you bring a camera, notebook and pen?” I looked straight into her eyes. Its want to avoid my gaze. “Hey, don’t say you...”

“I-I accidentally found it on the floor. I-I just want to return it.” Jane stuttered. I looked at her flatly.

“Is that so? Just say it that visited Kim is just an excuse for you, so you can meet Golf instead?” I smirked on her face. Yeah, I know I won over her. Suddenly she covered my mouth with her hand, pulled me hiding behind the wall. I tried to pull her hand out of my mouth. “What are you-”

“Ssstt... Shut your mouth up, stupid! I can’t believe it! Just now, into Kim’s room..Golf entered.” She pointed towards a room with her forefinger. I saw a handsome man with athletic body. He looks very stylish. There are four guards with him. He entered into the room and locked it.

“What is he doing in there?”

“I don’t know too. But that room is the place where Kim was being treated.” Jane saw the room with sweat dripping from his head.

“What his relationship with Kim?” I don’t know if Kim had an artist relative.

“I don’t know.” She looked like she was thinking so hard. “Let’s go from here! Come on! We have try to peek out from the window. If we waited here, we won’t get anything. Look! There were two of his bodyguards waiting in front of the door!”

“Wait, Jane. Why do I have to peep through the window like this?” Now we’re trying to get through the bush, towards the window of the room where Kim was being treated. “If we are found, we’ll get in deep trou-” I was very shocked when peeking out of the window. I saw Kim crushed by Golf, gagged by cloth. Kim’s face was very pale and sweating. I saw Golf’s evil smile once Kim passed out, limp helpless. Eh? What’s...this...

“What a coincidence that she’s hospitalized here. How long will the medicine’s effects last?” I heard Golf asked to his bodyguard.

“Around two or three hours maybe.” One of his bodyguards were big and dark-skinned carrying Kim. He uses sunglasses, so difficult for me to see his face clearly.

“Teleport her into the limousine trunk.”

“Yes.” After Golf ordered, his bodyguard that carrying Kim suddenly disappear. Golf in the other hand, walked out from the room with his other bodyguards, looke like nothing happen.

I was stunned. Still in my position, don’t know what to do. “R-right now.. Kim...was taken away by Golf...” Jane said.

“.....”

“Hey! Where are you-”

“Follow them!” I cut her words. “What are you waiting for! It’s a kidnap! I don’t understand this either, but for now let’s follow Golf!” As we were running to the school gate, we saw a teacher. “Khun!” I shouted.

“Hey you! You’re from high school, aren’t you? What are you doing here?”

“Please search for Golf!” I gasp for breath.

“After all these times, you’ve been warned that if you came near headquarters, you would be punished.”

“Kim was kidnapped!”

“Huh? What are you saying?” He looked confused.

“We saw Kim get kidnapped by Golf! You must catch him! Search his car!” I shouted right in front of his face. I can’t handle it. Why don’t he believe us?

“Stop wasting my time! Why are you inventing such lies?! There’s a limit to getting excited because some superstar is here.” He grabbed my hand, but Jane quickly pushed him down. She took something from her pocket and put it into his mouth. She forced the teacher to swallow it. Right after that, he began to vomit. What a sadistic girl. I thought on my mind.

Jane grabbed my hand. “Come on!” We ran as fast as we can. I saw Golf’s car just went to the gate. Then I saw Boy, Van, Mario and Zee among the crowd. The crowd shouted Golf’s name hysterically.

“Boy! Van!” I shouted.

“Ah, Pie... Where were you? You didn’t turn the earmuffs in did you?” Van looked at me.

“Stop that car! The car’s trunk! Kim’s inside the car’s trunk! We saw Kim get kidnapped by Golf!” What should I do? In such circumstances, teachers won’t believe us. They looked at me with disbelief. “Please do something...”

Suddenly Boy threw bombs light, making all people can’t see clearly. It made the way toward the exit gate wide openly. He encouraged us and said. “Go!”

 

Jane’s POV

I saw Golf’s car running slow. “There it is! It’s stopped at red light.”

“Ah! Teachers are coming! Some are even riding motorcycles! We’re going to get caught!” Pie remained me.

There’s no time to be caught and explain about Kim. Earlier they didn’t even believe us. In the meantime, Golf’s car would escape. We have to hurry! Or else Kim.... I don’t know why but, I have a very bad feeling about this. “Pie! Let yourself be caught by the teachers and explain the situation. In the meantime, I’ll chase after the car.”

“What’s that?! Be a decoy?! You get caught instead!” As I thought, she got angry.

“Ah! Come on! Just hurry and get caught, ugly! You’re the youngest, conceited little brat! You’re 17, and I’m 18!” I yelled at her.

“Selfish!”

“Just go!”

We had a little fight while running, didn’t realize that a teacher grabbed our hands. “It’s over! You two sure are brave. Made it up to here and now having a fight? Be prepared to get punished!”

“Khun! We saw Kim get kidnapped!” Pie tried to convince him.

“You can tell your lie later!” I looked at the car. The car is leaving. What should we do? Then suddenly a bird hit his head. It made he losses his grip. I saw crows hit the teachers that follow us. It made me think for awhile. Mario!

 

Mario’s POV

I used a bird whistle to control the birds. I told them to block the teachers, so Pie and Jane can chase Golf’s car. “Kim kidnapped. I can’t believe that Golf would do such a thing.” Boy said.

“First of all, Kim was hospitalized at the school’s hospital. It’s not an easy place to sneak in and out!” I looked at him. Seeking the truth in his words. “Pie has always been a terrible liar. Not good at it-”

“I read her mind. It’s impossible that she was lying to me with such an impressive performance.” I stared at him doubtfully. I can’t do anything but to believe him. Kim? Why it is always you...

 

Golf’s POV

“Golf, school personnel have been following us since we left the school gates. According to the signals, probably students. What should we do?” Puke asked me. He sat beside the driver while the other bodyguard beside me, fanning me so I wouldn’t feel so hot.

“Hmm...” I need to think for awhile before I decided what we must do.

 

Jane’s POV

“Got rid of the teachers, but we lost the car. It’s your fault. You should have let yourself be caught!” I swore at her. Look at this. It’s her fault. Why didn’t she just follow what I said?

“What?! It was your idea. You should have been caught!” She mad at me. I knew it.

This is troublesome. Should we continue searching for the car? Or go back to the school and explain? But that would take too long. Even if we continue running after them, the school will surely know where we are by the badge. Use that to somehow lead the teachers to Golf’s car and let them find Kim in the trunk would be best. For that, we absolutely need to find the car. “Let’s go! I bet his car is not as far as we thought. We just have to keep running.”

“Ah, look! That’s the car!” Pie pointed straight forward. I saw a black limousine was turning to the left.

“We must lead the teachers here as soon as possible for Kim.” Now that I think about it, it’s been quite a while, but still no trace of teachers coming after us. What’s wrong? When we arrived to the crossroads, someone grabbed us and then it’s all black.

 

Pie’s POV

Smell of the tide. The smell of rusted iron. I felt someone’s breath.. I slowly opened my eyes to find my face was so close to someone. I opened my eyes widely. Could it be? K-Kim! Almost. Our lips almost touching! I pushed my body backward until my back touched something. Eh? I turned my head around. It’s Jane! “Uh...” I think she just woke up. I was in the middle of Kim and Jane.

“Ja-Jane!” I tried to stand up but then I realized something. I felt a rope tied on my hands and feet. Wha-what is this? I looked at Kim. She was still unconscious. Her face was very pale and she was always sweating. She was really sick. Where is it? It’s like a warehouse.

“Hey, did the brats wake up?” We shocked. We heard someone said. It was Golf’s voice. We decide pretend to sleep when we heard footsteps coming.

His bodyguard came near us. “Not yet.” He said then left.

“If they wake up, use some medicine again on them.” That’s right, now I remember. Back then, we were also kidnapped by Golf and his bodyguards.

“I made contact with the organization. Your actions today lacked consideration, therefore others are quite angry.” His bodyguard said to Golf.

“That’s what I told you, Golf. Our mission was only to research the school’s present state.” Another his bodyguard said.

“What do they mean lack of consideration? This was a chance in a million. They’d have done same if they had been in the same situation.” Golf sounds not accepting his bodyguards statement. “What did the boss say? He was not available when I contacted them. Uh..So boring. If he hears we got our hands on the black cat, I’m looking forward to seeing what kind of face he’ll make! We brought along two unexpected extras though.” He said.

“Golf’s face is known worldwide. The organization fears such small things may destroy it. You should think more before acting.”

“Yeah, yeah. Anyways, being in the entertainment business. If the boss didn’t order it I couldn’t care less to quit.” Golf said. “What about the smuggling boat?  Tonight at 2:00 until then, we were ordered not to be found by the school.” What the smuggling boat he said? “Kimhan Buranaphan will be sent to the organization. Before selling off the other two, we must find out their abilities.” I heard footsteps coming, it stopped in front of Kim. It was Golf. “So... She is that black cat.” He stepped on Kim’s face. Turned her head with his feet. “Well, the little cat now turns into a tiger.”

“Um... What’s that? The black cat?” His bodyguard asked.

“The black cat or also known as the tiger is her alias in the underworld. She’s a dark operative of the shadows of the school. The exceptional case, operative since she was 10 years old and has worked for almost 7 years. Her abilities called destroyer machine and nullification ability. The rumour said that she has another ability, but we still don’t know what her third ability is. Genius and rare abilities with tremendous power. And what makes her more special again is that she is the last one descendant of the dragon who still live in this world. She is really incredible and really pure blood.”

“Dragon? What is that?”

“In Chinese mythology, the dragon and the phoenix are traditional animals that symbolize auspiciousness. The Phoenix and the Dragon represent Yin and Yang, forever at play throughout the universe. Sometimes the Dragon has the upper hand and sometimes the Phoenix. Neither can exist without its partner. Should either finally overcome the other, then the whole creation would vanish in the wink of an eye. I don’t know how but once there was a clan born from the blood of the dragon and phoenix. Since then, their children have a line of descendants of the dragon and phoenix. They are the strongest clans with super powers that exist in this world.” Golf explained.

“Do you know why she’s under the organization’s black list? She has killed all of the Dragon and Phoenix clans when she still aged 10 years! It happened before she went to the school.” What? It can’t be.. No way.. “The school covered up his record, and little by little turned him into an operative to carry out their dirty work. There aren’t enough fingers on both hands to count how many countries, enterprises, and groups have been injured by her. Our organization too. That is what I know. Of course she’s not the only operative, but she’s the only exception. Because while working, not once has she taken off her cat mask. People have been in awe and nicknamed her black cat.” I can’t believe what I just heard. Kim.... She isn’t like that! She... It must be a nonsense! “What the school calls Dangerous Ability Class is simply a front. In reality, it’s a category intended to make operatives of kids scouted by the school. It’s an operative training section.” I remembered something, back then Yam said to me that there was a rumour about Kim. It told me that she is a murderer.

You won’t understand how Kim feels about her power that she didn’t even want. I remembered this sentence came out from Mario’s mouth back then. I was so deep in my thought, until Jane spoke to me. “Kim wouldn’t do something like that.”

“...Eh?”

“It’s all lies! Kim isn’t kind of person to do such things.” I was stunned to hear her words.

“Let’s get out of here. Let’s think of a way to get out.”

“But.. How?” Jane looked confused.

“I don’t know. They said tonight at two, smuggling boat was coming. Then.. Kim and also ourselves will be in even more trouble. I don’t know how many hours are left, but we chased after Kim this far, we can surely do something!” I tried to sound confident. “We must think with all our might of a way to escape from here!”

 

Mario’s POV

Boy, Van and I entered the teacher’s room. We were following Aunt In. All eyes are on us. Previously, they looked very busy. I’m sure they’re looking for Pie and Jane existance. “Excuse us for bothering while you are busy, but I would like you to listen to what they have to say.”

“P’In, this is not the time!” said Khun Beam. Our Math Teacher and also the head teacher in the High School Divison. He has the electricity abilities. He is the most feared teacher cause his ability. Every troublemakers student will be punished by him.

“After being tipped off by these three, I searched Kimhan Buranaphan’s hospital room. And it was empty. There was also no trace of Kim being present outside the room.” Aunt In said.

“It is true! I read Pie’s mind, and what she said is true.” Boy said.

They look not believe it, but I’m trying to convince them. “I also heard from the birds, they saw Golf’s kidnapped Kim. You have to believe in us.” 

“All three are probably in the hands of Golf and his bodyguards.” Aunt In said.

 

Kim’s POV

My body hurts. Cold.. I felt like something’s there. Something’s eating something? What is it? A dog? An enemy? I opened my eyes just to saw Pie and Jane. What the ? Why are they here? Why can I be with them?  “Hey that hurts! You’re biting my hand. Watch it!” Jane said.

Pie was trying to untie the rope that tied Jane’s hand with . Pie turned her head and looked at me. “Jane! Kim woke up.”   

What I thought before? A human? No. Dogs. Two which look the same. “Oh good, Kim! For a moment I didn’t know what would happen, I was so worried and worried.” Jane whispered. Why are they..? This place? Where on earth could it be? “Before you wake up, I let my cookies to search around this place. Looks like this is a warehouse on the bay. Smells like the ocean too.” She informed. “There are two exits to this warehouse. One is locked by luggage though. I don’t know why but for some reason my powers just won’t work. I think that probably among Golf’s companions. There must be a barrier maker. There might even be a barrier around this entire warehouse.” I tried to use my power, hoping the rope that tied me can be detached. But I got nothing. Golf.. That bastard. The barrier... and because of the medicine and my bad health. Plus these two idiots. Got in a pretty big mess. “If because of the barrier we can’t use our powers and school can’t find us, we must find a way to escape before the smuggling boat arrives.” She added.

I stared at them. Pie was still biting Jane’s rope. Then I realized something. “Hey, idiot.”

“Don’t call me idiot!” Pie answered me. She is very idiot, she admitted the fact by answering my call.

“What’s that earmuffs you have on your ears?” I asked her.

“Huh? At a time like this?” She scolded me. “These are ear mufflers for communication which I received from Van...” She was thinking for a while. “Ah....” I stared at her blankly. Like I told you, she is an idiot.

 

Mario’s POV

It has been almost two hours since they went to chased Kim. We still have not been able to contact them. “This is a serious situation. This means that black organization is pulling the strings behind this incident. Golf is a traitor.” Khun Beam talked with Aunt In.

“There no time to lose. Ask for help from the police.” I heard Aunt In gave an order to someone.

“Van, do you bring your ear mufflers? I just left mine in the hallway.” Boy asked to Van. We are still in the teacher’s room.

“Yeah, why?”

“Give it to me. Just in case if suddenly Pie remember to use her ear mufflers to contact us.” Van took his ear mufflers out from his bag ang give it to Boy. In a second, Boy already use it on his ear. Not long after that, his ear mufflers ringing. “Hello? Ah.. Pie. You’ve finally turned the switch on.” Now everyone in the room turned to him, can’t believe he could contact with them, so do I.

I approached him, took his ear mufflers away from him and use it. “K-Kim.. Where is Kim, Pie? Is she okay?”

“Kim is...” I heard Pie’s voice, but suddenly another voice disturbing me.

“I’m fine, you idiot! Now give it back to the teachers so they could know how the situation is!” I smiled. It is Kim. I’m glad that she’s fine. I took of the ear mufflers and gave it to Aunt In. Right now, I have to believe in Kim. I know that she knows what she must do. And I hope it was good for her.

 

Pie’s POV

What’s so fine? She looks exhausted. I stared at Kim. Her face was so pale. “Hello, Pie? It’s me, can you hear me?” I heard woman’s voice.

“Aunt In!” Jane and I almost screamed hysterically.

“I heard most of the story from Boy and Mario. Must have been tough on you three. Are you alright?” Aunt In asked.

I began to cry. I am so afraid. “We’re in some kind of warehouse on a port somewhere. Ah.. Kim’s condition is still pretty bad.” I spoke honestly to her. What Kim just said before is a lie!

“We’re pretending to be unconscious and tied up with rope. And the barrier put around here, so we can’t use our powers.” Jane added.

“Calm down. Bring your voice down. Talk slowly.” Aunt In tried to calm us down. “Pie, it’s dangerous for you to speak out loud, therefore from now on be quiet and listen. All three of you continue pretending to be unconscious. Leave your microphone on so we can hear your situation. While we’re trying to search your position, the ropes tying up your arms and legs, try by your own strength to tear or untie them. If it’s impossible this is not a good plan but get Kim to try her best and cut the ropes with her power.” She gave us command. “I know it’s a huge burden on her weakened body, but just a little slice is enough. If she wasn’t sick, breaking the barrier would be easy for Kim.”

“Huh. Saying it so easily.” Kim murmured.

KREST KREST... CRACKLE!

I looked at her. I can’t believe she still has power to destroy her rope. “Once you’ve untied the ropes, until you have an absolute chance escaping, continue pretending to be tied up.” I felt Kim’s hand on mine. She is untying my rope.

“Uuh...” I heard Kim’s voice.

K-Kim? I looked at her. Now that she used her powers, she looks even more in pain than earlier. “There are also two important things. Listen carefully. As much as you can, you must not left the enemy find out what your abilities are.” Aunt In added. I untied the rope that tied my feet. “If the enemy finds out your abilities, it will be easier for them to cope with it, and we will mostly be in a disadvantage.” I glanced at Kim as untie Jane’s rope. She is sweating. Cold sweating. Her sick is really bad. “Also another thing, and this is important. Whatever you do, do not listen to Golf’s voice. If you listen-”

Eh? I can’t listen to Aunt In’s order. Then I realize my ear mufflers just taken away from my head by someone. I turned around and found Golf is smiling to me.

“I see. So it was a transmitter.” . I swore softly. “With that weakened body, you’re still capable of swaying Puke’s barrier. You really are something. Well with the rebound of using your power, you probably don’t have any power or energy left though.” He put his mouth to the microphone on the ear mufflers. “Been a long time, P’In. Sorry for detaining your cute students. Well, I said detaining but there will never be a day on which I return them. Ever.” He gave his devil smile.

“Golf.. Why are you part of the antiestablishment black organization?” Aunt In asked.

“Suprised?” He giggled. “But I’m even more suprised. Someone like you and P’Air, why did you two settle for becoming a dog of the school?” Aunt In and Golf acquaintances? What is the conversation? What is the black organization? “If anything I thought, that you were the type of person to go against the school and switch sides.” After he said that, he dropped ear mufflers and stepped on it.

“Shall we tie them up again?” One of his bodyguards asked him.

“No. Puke, loosen your barrier around here. We have to teach them. They can’t even resist, even untied!” He rolled his earring on his left ear. Now I remember, it was definitely prevention devices. Just like Kim, Zee and Mike. Prevention devices used to control the owner powers, cause the powers are too strong or sometimes it bothers anyone. And now he must be turning off  his earring, so his power becomes more powerful. “Just perfect since I have to make them reveal their powers. Usually it’s being controlled by this piercing, so you don’t realize it. But you probably already know my power is the voice pheromone. For the organization, I mainly use my power for brain-washing.” Suddenly I felt so dizzy whenever he speak. So, this is what I feel to be controlled by his voice? He took a step closer to us. “What is your ability?”

“I.. My..” I tried not to answer his question, but my head felt so dizzy and I can’t control what I said.

“Don’t listen to him!” I looked at the owner of voice. It’s Kim. Now I don’t feel a headache again. I already feel like before and can control myself again.

Golf turned his head to Kim. “She still has enough power to use her nullification? Was this intended to protect those two?” Kim! She tried to stand up, but can’t stand up perfectly. “As you wish, I’ll change my target!” He raised his hands and moving his index finger back and forth. Hinting something to his bodyguard. One of his bodyguards nodded, and disappeared.

He suddenly appeared behind Kim. “Argh!” Kim screamed. She immediately collapsed.

“K-Kim!” I shouted.

 

Kim’s POV

When he was disappear, I prepared myself to any possibility that would happen. But I was wrong in anticipating his emergence. ! That’s all I could say when I realized he appeared behind me. Before I can use my powers, he has been using a stun gun to paralyze me.

Fortunately I didn’t faint. I still can hear Pie’s voice calling my name. She was closer to me. Asked if I was okay or not. I can’t answer her. My body... All numb.

“I was just thinking of making you harmless with another weapons before giving you away to the boss.” Golf came near me. He grabbed my hand and forced me to stand up. “Anyways, you kids cannot escape from here. Those two are going to be sold. You will luckily become part of the organization.”

“Haa.. Ha..” I gasp for breath. I hate for being so weak. I can’t punch this bastard on his face.

“It’s no good resisting. Even if you do escape from here, you’ll simply be back to doing dirty work for the school, that’s your speciality right? Then what’s the difference between entering the organization? The organization is made of a bunch of people like you who hate the school. For you this is..”

“Get away from Kim!” Suddenly Pie released me from his grip. She grasped Golf’s shirt and pulling it. “Since earlier you’ve been saying selfish things! Why would Kim go with you?!”

Golf looked suprised. He held Pie’s hand. His face looked more suprised when knowing there is a stone in her hand. “Don’t you say you have a stealing ability.” He still take a glance at her hand. “That’s the only reason why she could take my power immediately and store it in a stone called Power Stone.” He took the stone from her hand. It has a grain bark size and light green. Suddenly he cupped Pie’s face with his hand. “This face... looks like that man.” He paused for a while. “Hahaha. Hey, check the data right now. Check thoroughly through everything from around 17 years ago about that man. This is getting interesting!” He said to his bodyguards and walked away from us. “Other than the black cat, this may be an unexpected discovery. Hahaha.” He laughed wickedly.

Earlier... When I met her for the first time (chapter 2), it wasn’t because I was tired. I know I used my power on her, but it had no effect. Just who is this girl? Did she has taken my power? At that time, I didn’t use my nullification cause I think she is harmless. I didn’t expect that she would steal my power.

Stealing ability huh? Interesting. I think they all have that stealing ability become extinct. I stared at Pie. Her face indicated she didn’t accept the fact that she has stealing ability. Pity her. From now on, her life would be a mess.

I turned my head. Looking around this area. How many of them? Five persons? Seven persons? Ah no... Fifteen persons. I should be able to beat them just by using my destroyer once without using the eyes. But... with my bad condition.. Even if I use this eyes, I can’t control it. And I could have died of exhaustion. Can I?

I closed my eyes. Trying to concentrate. I’m trying to send a message to Mario to tell the location where we were, how many enemies here, and what power they have. I have to let these two idiots escape first. Wish me luck, Rio. That’s the end of my message. “You guys.. When I give the sign, run with all your might towards that door.”

“Eh?” Both of them were looking at me. I tried to get up. The effect of stun gun has been gone.

“To escape. The only chance is now while they’re not paying attention.”

“Wha-what do you intend to do?” Jane asked me.

“Once you start to running, don’t ever stop. Whichever can escape, must inform the school of this location.”

“Wait, you... You are not fit enought to run.” Pie

“I’ll be fine. Haah..” I gasp. I thought I’m sweating too much. It’s like I can swim with all my sweat. “You followed on your own, and I do feel like just leaving you here but..” I gasp for breath. “Letting you be sold off would be heavy on the conscience.”

I closed my eyes again. “Kim, there’s a deal. If you ever get captured by the enemy, and there’s no way out, your only choice is to commit suicide. You know what will happen to those most important to you, right? If you give your power to the enemy, placing the school in danger. Do you understand, Kim?” His words always on my mind. I have to protect those most important people in my life! That’s the only reason why I am still alive today.

When I opened my eyes, there’s one thing I know. I had to let them escape from here somehow. Although I must give my life to the God of Death. “Here it goes.” I made myself to stand up. “RUN! GO!”

They ran toward the exit door. “Ah! Hey! They’re running away!” His bodyguards tried to chase them.

“DON’T MOVE!” I yelled as loud as I could. “If you move even a little, I’ll use my powers. Then it’ll take just a moment to make this place into ruins. And you would know what would happen to you who are in it, right?”

“Huh? What are you saying? You don’t have enough power to destroy this place while in this barrier.” Golf challenged me. He put his hand on his waist.

“I do.” I raised my hand. From my hand comes out something colored gray. It is shaped like a thin slab and spinning. Yeah, that’s what my destroyer looked like. “Wanna try?” I stared at him. Giving him a death glare. He and his bodyguards shocked. They couldn’t believe in it cause I still have power even though this place is covered by barrier. “Go.”

“K-Kim...” I couldn’t hear clearly, but I thought Pie just whispered my name in her torrible voice.

“Just go!” I can’t take it anymore. They really should go from here.

“Golf...” Golf’s bodyguard asked him what to do.

“As soon as there’s an opening, catch those two with your telepathy.” . He ordered his bodyguard to caught them whenever they had the chance. I wouldn’t give it to them! “If this continues, it will become a sticky situation. This means you still have energy and power.” He stared at me. “But you used yourself as bait, letting those two escape. That was all for nothing. Did you seriously believe we would let them go that easily? Especially that short girl. We’ve just contacted the organization. Those two girls will be captured sooner or later. Even if you really sacrifice yourself, that doesn’t mean those two will be fine.” Ugh.. My head is very dizzy right now. I have to give it an end before I couldn’t do anything.  “Before you turn this place into ruins, I’d like to know your reason for returning to the school. If you join us obediently, we can still reconsider the future of those two.”

Yes.. Of course it is! I have the reason why I like to join to the school. And the reason is.... “Just now you said, “They will be captured sooner or later”, they’re obviously not caught yet. By now, they’re probably far away from here. If I self-destruct now, it will only blow us up. It’s not “all for nothing” after all!” Great. Now they’re looking at me frightened. It’s time for me to kill them all.

 

Pie’s POV

After we were getting out from the warehouse, we ran as fast as we can. But I’m still thinking about Kim. “It’s Kim. I’m sure she’ll do something about this. Now we must believe in her and do as she said, inform the school of this place.” Jane talked to me while we were running. I know Kim must have a plan behind it all.

I tried to remember every words that Kim had said. “I do. Wanna try? Just go!” Kim... She... Could it be she...

“Jane, you go ahead. I’m gonna check on Kim!” I stopped my walk. Then I changed my direction to the warehouse again and ran. I have a very bad feeling about this. An overwhelming sensation.

“What?! Wait, Pie!” She didn’t try to stop me. It made this easier for me to came back to the warehouse. Kim... She wouldn’t let us escape and then sacrifice herself, would she?

I kept running until I came back to the warehouse. Then I saw Kim at the exit door. Form her face, I know she wanted to kill all of them at once. I saw Kim’s sweating. “Don’t move!” Kim shouted.

“STOP!!!” I shouted as I jumped on Kim to stop her. Which caught Kim by suprised. “Idiot! Did you seriously want to kill yourself?! Do you have a death wish?! Open your eyes, retard!” I yelled at him.

While I was shouting, I didn’t notice Golf take off his earring. But Kim did. “Release!” Golf shouted. Kim quickly protected me with her power. But after that, she fell on top of me.

“K-Kim!” I grabbed her body on my embrance.

“You’re such a fool. Because you came back, all her effort went down the drain.” Golf laughed.

“You.... Why’d you came back?” asked Kim as she huffed.

“Eh? Is that my fault? I-I didn’t think about it. Maybe it’s because I was worried about you.” I said while sweat dropping. Really I didn’t know the reason why I get back here. I just worried about her.

Kim sighed. “Idiot.”

“I-I can’t leave you behind! And I’m already here. Because you’re my partner! Of course I’m worried!” I blused and I don’t know why.

“Hey! Tie those two up now!” Golf said as he put his earring back on. “Hey, what are you doing?” He then turned around and saw his bodyguards down. They might have a headaches. Suddenly I felt the sand on my hand. It might be a good opportunity for us to escape. When Golf turned her head to us, I pick up the sand and threw it to Golf’s eyes. “Ahh!!” He shouted as I and Kim escaped.

“They’re escaping!” One of his bodyguards shouted.

I was holding her hand on my right shoulder while she was on my left side. “K-Kim.. Hurry up! They’re getting closer. God you’re so freaking heavy, Kim.” She was really exhausted that she couldn’t even walk. “Come on, this way.” I took her to turned our way, so we can hide. But then we fell down the stairs. “Ouch! Damn it!” I whispered. I didn’t realize that I had occupied her body. “I-I’m sorry Kim.” I looked at her.

“Oi, polkadots. Just leave..” She gasped.

“Eh?”

“If it’s just one person, then you’d definitely make it out of here. Just run!” She demanded me.

“Huh? What are you talking about? You’re still so weak.”

“Whatever! Just go, ugly! Don’t make me say it again!”

“No!” I refused her.

“Can’t you hear me telling you to leave?! Idiot!” She shouted at me.

“I won’t go! Can’t you hear me?! Retard!” I shouted her back. “I hadn’t thought of a reason for coming here. But it would be absurd if I just leave you now. Mario, Boy, Van, Yam, Jane, and Aunt In too. We’ve all worked so hard to bring you back safely. And even if I ignored all that, I still couldn’t just leave you behind, could I? I have no idea how serious your situation is. But...” I kept talking until Kim heard something.

“Did you hear that?” She asked.

“Hey go check under those stairs!” I heard one of Golf’s bodyguards voice.

I stood up and looked around. I saw a pole that I can use to beat them. How can I just give up? “I’ll do what I can. I will go back to the school. There’s still a lot of things I want to do. I haven’t participated in the festival school yet. No matter what, we can’t be captured by those bad guys. Shouldn’t you do that too? Let’s go home together! Back to the school.” She shocked after what I said. I smiled to her. “Everyone is waiting for us.” For us it’s still too early. But if we keep on walking, a happy future must be waiting fo us.

“Ah! Found them!” One of Golf’s bodyguards found us. “Both of the brats are here. Right here!” I got into a fighting as I hit the guy in the face. Then I grabbed Kim’s hand and ran up to the stairs.

Suddenly another Golf’s bodyguards appeared in front of me. “Do you think you can run?” I was about to beat him but he grabbed my pole. Then he suffocated me and threw me away against the wall.

“GYAH!” I shouted when my back touched the wall. I felt hurt on my back and head. I can’t stand up.

“Caught them!” That guy said as he grabbed Kim’s arm. He looked at Kim’s face.

“You....” Kim looked at that guy with her deadly gaze. Her eyes turned into a red one.

“Uh... Oh...” That guy said like he knew what will happen next.

“SON OF A !!” Kim shouted and the entire building turned into rubble in an instant. I closed my eyes and covering my head with my hands. Trying to protect my head from the ruins, but nothing hits me. Then I opened my eyes. I couldn’t believe what I saw! I saw Kim is standing upright in front of me, but I just can saw her back. There’s a layer of transparent dome around us. But what surprised me more is there was a black dragon that surrounds us inside the dome.

She turned her head to me. Behind her, the dragon was looking at me too. Their eyes are the same. I thought Kim’s eyes were the dragon’s eyes. “Are you okay... Pie?” I blushed. She called my name. It is the first time she called me by my name. I don’t know why but I felt calm when she called my name. I love to hear her voice calling my name. It’s so perfect. “Ugh...” Suddenly she fell. The dome and the dragon disappeared.

“K-Kim!” I tried to stand up but my body feels so numb. And then, I fainted.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

BIG HELLO EVERYONE!!

I really am sorry for taking too much time to update this chapter. Thank you for your patience. I’m glad that you still want to read my story. I hope you don’t get bored. :D

I don't know the call for a Sir or Madam in Thai. I searched on google and find it a ‘khun’. So I put it into this. And for Aunt In, I think it would be more suitable if I still use the ‘Aunt’ name. Hehe. Forgive me. :)

Tell me if you like it or not. I’d love to know what’s in your mind. ;D

With love,

-ara-