An Assassin

Special Powers

Mario’s POV

Kim... I hope you’re safe. I turned around and found that Aunt Inn is already here. She’s watching at me. She sighed. “Geez. This girl really need her punishment.” I know that I can’t do anything to save her. I am nothing.

I can’t put a smile on my face when Kim is in danger. Ah... She always in danger. I looked at the girl who standing in front of me. “Why you have to do that?”

“Uh... What do you mean?” Pie asked me back.

“Why you have to make Kim mad?” I asked her again.

“Yeah, who do you think you are? Slapped Kim’s face with your dirty hand? You are a new girl in here, right?” A girl with straight hair asked her. Her finger pointed to Pie’s face. “Kim is the best at all in this class. We are respect her. If you have any problems with her, you’re dealing with us.”

“I’m sorry, Pie. Jane always be like this if someone gets near Kim.” Van tried to explain to Pie. He holds Jane shoulder. “We should move from the class. We have another lesson.”

“Come on, Pie, come with me.” Yam pulled Pie’s arm. They walked out from this class.

“Mario, I have something to tell you.” Now Van is looking at me. His face turns into serious one. “I am sorry about Pie’s attitude. She’s new here. She doesn’t know anything about Kim and this school. Oh, and Aunt Inn said she will stay at Kim’s room for a night. Is it okay, right?” I am a bit shock hearing what he said. I look at his eyes. I know he didn’t lie. If it about Aunt Inn’s order, I can’t resist. Kim too.

“I need to talk to her then.” It’s all I can said.

“You know what you have to do.” Van leaves me alone in the class. I put my bag and walk out from the clas. I have to move to another class.

 

Pie’s POV

“Seriously, who the heck is Kim? She’s so arrogant. She acts like she is the king of this kingdom called school.” I said angrily to Yam. We are in the new class now. The old class get damaged after what Kim did before.

“Well, if you want to stay here, then you better not get involved with her. I don’t really know either. But I know that she has the ability to destroy anything into pieces. Her power is so great that even the adults have trouble with her and she also detests this school. I don’t know why many of us in the class respect her power and strength, and revolt against the teachers along with her.” I look around. I saw Mario sitting in the back. Where is she? She didn’t go to class? I started to worry sbout her. ”She’s just really incomprehensible. The only one who can be with her is her best friend, Mario. They don’t care about rules or anything. There are a lot of bad rumors about her. I heard there was a rumor that she is a murderer. But I think that’s only rumors.” I got goosebumps.

Ha-have I made a horrible enemy? I remember when I first time met her. She had horrible eyes, black eyes. Sometimes they looked like a fire like they wanted to haunt me. But they also looked icy cold, slow and steady. No, I should stop. Now is not the time to thinking such things. I have to focus to study. Aunt Inn is teaching in the class.

Suddenly, the door opened. It is Kim. “Kim!” Mario shouted. Everyone look at her. What’s wrong with her? She's using a mask. A cat mask? There are scars on her neck, arms and legs.

She walks to her seat, passing Aunt Inn. “So you were caught after all? By him?” I don’t know what Aunt Inn said. I think it’s something like that.

“Shut up.” She only answer that.

When she walked to her seat, Jane tried to talk to her. “Hey, Kim! Listen to this! That new girl-“ She has not even finished her words, when Kim kicked his desk.

People in the class start to whisper something. ”This is bad. Kim has that punishment mask on. She’s always in a terrible mood when she has to wear it.”

The others said, “I heard that when you wear it, it sends electric waves to your brain, giving you an endless headache. Terrifying!”

She already sat beside her best friend. “K-Kim..” Mario looked at her worriedly.

“Don’t worry, Mario. I am fine.” She said to calm him down. I know that she didn’t fine at all. She’s only pretending to be fine. I felt guilty at her. The punishment that she had, it’s all because of me.

 

Kim’s POV

I stand up from my chair and walk away as soon as Aunt Inn left the class. I decided to go to his place. He called me for a mission that I have to do. “Kim, where are you going?” Mario stopped me.

“I have a mission, Mario. You can go back first.” Fortunately, the corridor outside the class’ quiet enough. So no one can hear our conversation. Well, he know exactly what the mission is. My mission always a danger one. I have to fight with enemies of the state. Bloody war. It is possible to find me die in the next day.

“When will you come back?” He asked a question. A harder one to answer.

“I don’t know. I’ll get it done as soon as possible. Maybe this midnight, I will back to my room. Don’t worry about me.”

“The new student.. That girl called Pie, she will spend her night in your room. It is Aunt Inn’s order.” I turn my head to him. I think for a moment before I can answer.

“Don’t let her get into my bedroom. She is only allowed in the living room. She have to sleep in the couch.” Yeah, it’s not a problem as she didn’t walk into my area.

“I will tell her later.” I thought our conversation was end. I want to walk away, but then he grabs my hand. “Kim.. be safe.”

“I won’t die easily. You know that, Mario.” I smile at him even though I knew he wouldn’t be able to see it cause I still wear my mask. I walk away. Leave him alone in the corridor.

 

Pie’s POV

I pick up my things. Yam promised to accompany me to the dorm. Maybe I will sleep in the Yam’s room tonight since Kim already left. Yam, Boy, and Van are waiting for me. We walk together, leaving the class. We are talking about random things, when someone grabs my hand. “Pie, I need to talk to you....” EH?! I startled. It is Mario, I though he is a ghost. “...alone.”

Boy know that Mario have something important to tell, so he decided to leave. “I think I’ll see you tomorrow, Pie. Goodbye then.” He grabs Van’s arm then leave.

“Ah, I forgot I need to borrow some books in the library. Bye, Pie.” Okay, now Yam leaves us too. Thanks, God. You make me feel like I am in hell.

“What is it?” I asked harshly. I don’t like him as much as I don’t like Kim.

“Follow me.” He walked away. I didn’t even take a step from my spot. I don’t want to. When he realize that I I don’t move a bit, he turned his head to me. He sighed and walked towards me. “You really want to make this isn’t easy huh?” He grabs my hand. Pulled me to follow every step of his feet. “I will take you to Kim’s room.”

I stoped my step. “Wait, you don’t have to do that. I can sleep with Yam.”

“No, you can’t.” He stares at my eyes. “Look, I want you to check on Kim. She is in her mission right now. She said that she will came back in this midnight. I am afraid she’s not okay when she came back. You know she got scars before right? Maybe tonight she will get more than scars.” Thinking about the possibilities she may had, got me goosebumps. “You want to help me, right?” He asked with his puppy eyes. This guy... I can’t say no to him. I nodded. “Come on, I will show you Kim’s room. I swear you will regret if you don’t follow me now. You will love it! ”

We walked until we arrive at the girls dorm. I am amazed. It such a big dorm. Inside of the dorm looks like a five-star hotel. Very loxurious and expensive. “Mario! You know exactly this is girls’ dorm, right? You are not allowed to be here.” Someone approaches us. I shocked. I can’t named it as someone, actually it is a robot. It has a round head, females voice, a pair of wheels and it wears maid. A maid robot?

“Oh I’m sorry, Rose. I’m here to guide this girl, Pie, about Kim’s room.” Rose? Oh right, she has a rose flower in her head. So it is her name.

“Oh! Is that you who will stay with Kim? I can’t believe it! After all this years, finally Kim lets her girlfriend to stay for a night! What a naughty couple!” She looks at me mischievously.

“What?! No! I am not her girlfriend and I won’t do anything stupid with her!” My face got redden when I’m thinking about dirty thought.

“It is okay, dear. You don’t have to deny it. No one dared to stay with her even just for a night. Mario was here only a few times. You must be something for her.” She chuckled. “Good timing, Mario. I was just cleaning her pool. Let me take you to her room.” Pool? She has a pool in her room? I followed her. “She is the only one who living in first floor, for Superrior one.” We reach in her room. I can say that because in front of the door there is a name, Kimhan Buranaphan. It’s shining gold. Yeah, she is Superior that means her colour is Yellow or Gold. “Welcome to the club!” She said while opened the door.

I stunned. Wow. This is really amazing. It is so huge. There is a bilyard, grand piano, mini bar, and living room for watching TV. In other side, it has a private pool inside the room. “I told you that you’ll love it.” Mario whispers from behind. I ignored him. All I want to do is enjoying this moment. I walk towards the sliding door, open it, and go out to the balcony. I really love this view, the garden with beautiful flowers.  

“How could she has all of this amazing things? It’s like a magic.”

“You don’t know anything about this school, dear?” This robot asked me in disbelief. I only stare at her blankly. “This school has a system. The more you can give to the school, the more you can get from them. That’s why all students try to provide the best. Well, for Kim it’s different. She didn’t need to do that. The principal has known her power and strength. She just has to do the principal’s order. Just like now, she is on her mission.”

“A mission? What’s that means?”

“I don’t really know either. Someone said that she’s an assassin for the goverment. With her power, she can destroy this school into a mess whenever she wants.” What the hell? Assassin? Is that a crime? “Mario doesn’t even know when it comes to her mission. Her mission is very secretive and closed.”

Who is she? Why my mind keeps saying that she has a big secret in her life? I walk towards the pool. I chose to sit beside the pool. I put my foot into it. I giggled when the cold water piercing my skin. Mario comes near to me. He sits beside me. Realizing they needed their space, Rose chooses to leave both of us. “I think I have some task to do. If you need me, do not hesitate to call me. And you, Mario, before twilight, you have to come back to your dorm. See you later!” Then she leaves us in Kim’s room.

“Who is Kim?” The only question that always on my mind.

“She is my childhood friend since we were 8 years old. When we were 10 years, we moved to this school together. She’s like my own sister. I know you have heard the rumours about her. Not all of it is true. You might think Kim is a bad person, but please don’t insult her. You won’t understand how Kim feels about her power that she didn’t even want.” He stares at the pool. Her power that she didn’t even want? I can’t say anything. What can I do now is staring at the pool. “That room is Kim’s bed. She said that you haven’t allowed to her room.” He said while pointing his finger to the room. “I’m sorry I thought you have to sleep on the couch. Is it okay to you, Pie?”

“At least, can I have a pillow and blanket?”

“Sure. I will looking for it.” He walked around the room. I pulled my foot out of the pool, and walked to the couch. Not long after that, he brought a pillow and blanket. “I am sorry, Pie, she wasn’t used to living with people she just knew.” I didn’t know how may times he said sorry eventhough it wasn’t his fault. Actually he is very nice. Very different from his ‘sister’, named Kim. She is a troublemaker. I don’t know why they can be so close. Can be Kim is Mario’s girlfriend? I shook my head. No, that must be impossible. Now I sound like a jealousy girlfriend. He pushed the button beside the couch, and instantly turned into a bed.

“Unbelievable! I never knew there was a couch that can turn into a bed! It’s like a transformer!” I was screaming hysterically. All the things in here really fancy. I jumped into the couch, or now I can call it a bed. My transformer bed.

I was ready to sleep when he reminded me. “Pie, you better change your clothes before sleeping.” I jumped from my bed. AHH! I almost forgot that I still on my uniform. But, I didn’t bring any clothes. I left it in office. “I’ll get you Kim’s shirt. Wait a minute.” Now, he sounds like he can read my mind. I remember about Boy. How is he? Is he will be okay with Van? He must be okay. He likes Van. I know he’s a devil. “Well, I think it will suit on you. You can change in the bathroom, in the kitchen right there.” He pointed the kitchen. Why he knows the details of Kim’s Superior Room? Like he is her maid.

I walked to the bathroom, and changed my clothes. I’ve finished changing clothes and heading out towards where he was. “Is it okay if I wear her shirt?” This shirt has large size, so I don’t need to use pants. Its cover me up to the thigh. I am comfortable with this. This shirt has a word, K’s. Maybe it means Kim’s? Ah I don’t really care.

He looked at me with his mouth open. He looks cute with that face. “I-It’s okay! Uh, Pie, I have to go now. It’s already dawn. Please take care of her for awhile. I have bad feeling about her. Thank you, Pie.” He smiled to me and walked to the door. And now he’s gone.

“What a crazy day! Argh, I have to sleep before she returned and me while I am sleeping.” I am waving my hands over my head, trying to removes things that I don’t want from my mind. I took my blanket to cover my body.

Is it true that she is an assassin? A few minutes later, I fall asleep.

 

Kim’s POV

I opened the window and get inside my bedroom while panting. I usually use this way to get in. I loved the windows way than the door. It’s already midnight. I walked toward the mirror where located beside my bed. I threw away my cat mask into the bed. Now I am looking to myself. I am still panting. So many scars on my whole body. I realized there was a knife stuck in my left arm. I pull it out and immediately blood rushing soaking my shirt. I held the knife tightly. How can you hurt someone when you are afraid of blood? I am talking to myself in the mirror. My thoughts hit me with a variety of statements. Who are you? You can only hurt people! What’s the good has this ability? You killed your own parents! You’re murderer! Monster! Right after that, I hit the mirror in front of me with my left hand. The mirror is broken. My left hand bled. I shiver looking the blood coming out. I fell then pressed my body against the wall. I looked down. I let my blood flow. I didn’t dare to touch it. I can only stare the floor with the empty mind.

 

Pie’s POV

I woke up because of the noisy. I looked at the clock. It’s already midnight. She said that she will came back in this midnight. I remembered it was Mario said. Is it Kim? Is she already home? I tried to remove the blanket that cover my body. I walked closer to her door then I heard the sound of glass breaking. My heart jumped. I am afraid Kim is in danger. I ventured to knock the door. “Kim....” I tried to call her name, but no answer. Finally, I tried to open the door slowly. Lucky me, it was unlocked. I put my head to peek inside and suddenly a knife slid right in front of my nose and stuck on the wall. I repeat, A KNIFE FLEW RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY NOSE! I am glad I’m still alive, and that knife wasn’t hurt my nose.

“Who gave you permission to enter my private room?” That voice. I knew that cold tone. I bravely to see who the owner of that voice. I am right, it is Kim. I looked at her who was sitting on the floor. She is very miserable. Many wounds all over her body. There was blood running down on his left arm and hand. Behind her, there’s a broken mirror. Now I can conclude, the sound of breaking glass had come from her. Her eyes staring at me, very cold, lonely, and hurt.

“Kim... You are really messed up.” I tried to walk in. She’s about to stand up, but suddenly she fell.

“Ugh.” She was in pain. I know she endured the pain.

“Kim.. Hold on. Don’t move.” I hold her shoulder. I tried to calm her down but she slapped my hand.

“Don’t touch me, ugly.”

“Kim! I tried to help you!” I mad at her! How can she said that I’m ugly? She really has no heart.

“I don’t need your help. Now, go away from my room.”

“I hate you, Kim!”

“Like I care.” She turned his face away from me. She is panting. Her black collar turns into red. Is it on? I know she’s sick. Her heart and her body is sick. I stand up. I don’t get out. I went around the room. Her room is big enough. Her bed is king’s size. I found a cat mask in her bed. What has she done? I threw my gaze away. In the corner, there are large sliding closet and desk for work. I was walking around and finding what I was looking for. Medicine cabinet. I brought the medicine to her. I walked to the kitchen, fetching water and back to her room. I sat in front of her. She is still in her position. Looking down to the floor while panting. She must have gone through many troubles. Ah, it is not suprising. She is trobulemaker. I took her left hand. Cleaning his hand from broken glass. She lets me clean the wound. She didn’t move at all. She closed her eyes. Still panting. Is she run away from someone like she used to before? I was deep on my mind subconsciously I’ve bandage her wounds.

I am still hold her hand. I wonder what has she done until she became like this messy. I wanted to know what happened with her. I closed my eyes, tried to use my power to see Kim’s past. But I see nothing. I can’t see her past! What’s going on? It used to anyone I touch. Why I can’t see it from her?

“Don’t try to use your power to me. It’s useless.” I gulped. How did she know? And why can’t I know anything about her past?

 

Kim’s POV

“I am sorry. Have you eaten your dinner?” She asked me. Why is she so care to me? I didn’t answer her. My eyes still closed. She was trying to see what happened to me. I’m glad that I recovered, so I can nullification her power.

Suddenly, my heart pounding so fast. My chest ached. I grab my chest. Trying to hold back the pain. I am panting. Please, not now... I said to myself. At least, not in front of her. “Kim? Are you alright?” She asked me. I didn’t want to answer her question. I stand up and walked toward the window. I stagger but I have to escape. I don’t want anyone to see my other side of me. “Your wound still not quite healed.” She said to me. She stands up, trying to follow me. I didn’t care. All I have to do now is escape from here before it’s too late. Uh... It’s getting hurt.

When I was about to escape, I can’t hold it longer. “Aaaargh!” Then, I let my power go wild as long as they can. I can’t control it. My body weakened. I can’t take it anymore. I fainted.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hello, readers!

I am sorry for taking too much time to write this chapter. I’m very busy now. I don’t know exactly when I can write the next chapter.

I hope you’re not disappointed with this story. :(

Review please?

-ara-