#2: We are 12

My Exo Box

 - 6th of Fabruary, 2016

We are 12

Sekai, 

1255 words

pg-13 | Romance, fluff


 

Jongin climbs onto bed quietly, body tired from a long day but also eager to finally have his boyfriend in his arms. His arm comes to hug Sehun's body immediately, lips pressing a loving kiss on his nape as a goodnight wish.

Sehun stirs, sensing the other's presence next to him. "J-Jongin…?"

Jongin hums softly as a response, pressing closer to Sehun's back.

"What time is it?" Sehun glances at the digital clock that shows 1:34 am. "What are you doing here?" Sehun turns around to face sleepy Jongin, seeing a smile appears on the latter's lips at the sight of his slightly worries expression. It's Thursday, and since Sehun knows his daily schedule by heart, he is aware of how much tired Jongin is after an extra dance lesson and half shift at his part-time job straight after. Anyone would want to rush home and collapse on a bed after such a rough evening, but here Jongin decides to spend another unnecessary half an hour driving to his place.

"I know what you're thinking." Jongin closes his eyes, caressing Sehun's fingers that slide between his. "But I just wanted to spend the night with my baby."

Sehun smiles at that, loving it when Jongin calls him his baby. "Won't your parents be worried about you?" He asks, because unlike himself, Jongin still lives with his parents – his extremely overprotective parents. Of course they'll be worried.

Jongin chuckles quietly. "They'll be fine. They'll have to let me go at some point, right?"

"Jongin."

Even with closed eyes the tanned boy can see the adorable scowl on the other's face. "Fine, fine. I'll send them a message." He pecks on Sehun's lips and stretches his hand for his phone on the dresser.

As Jongin types on his iPhone, Sehun takes the time to look at him. He can't see much in the dark room, and yet what he sees is enough to leave him in awe of his beauty all over again. Even when his hair is messy and eyes puffy from fatigue – yes, still beautiful. How haven't he noticed sooner?

Jongin settles on his side again, bringing Sehun closer so the younger can tuck his head under his chin. Sehun's hair smells of soap, and Jongin thinks he can get used to all this. He would love to get used to this. This feels amazing.   

After a couple of moments, Jongin suddenly speaks. "We haven't been dating for long but…" Sehun is drawing patterns on his shirt to let Jongin know he listens. "I plan on making you happy for a long time, okay?"

Sehun blushes, smiling sheepishly. He really doesn't know what to say to something like that, except that of course it's 'okay'. More than 'okay'. "Same is here, Jongin." He says, hiding his face in the older's shirt. The things this boy makes him feel…he sighs into the fabric. "I just can't believe I haven't noticed – I mean…" he mumbles, "You've always been there. And only now I understood that you are so…"

Jongin tightens his grip on Sehun, both hearts beating frantically at the other's words. Jongin's smile is wide when he says "Yeah. We are 12, you know?"

Sehun hums questionably. Well, of course they are twelve, if talking about their recently formed gang. But Sehun doesn't think he refers to their friends right now.

"Yeah, you see," Jongin pulls out his hand. "Four years of acquaintance, seven month of friendship and one month of relationship." He bends the said amount of fingers in each time. "I hope this number can grow, though, so we can count our relationship number in years." His voice is low and hoarse near Sehun's ear, sending shivers down his spine.

There is nothing Sehun wants more than to make this wish come true, especially with the person who always was there for him, especially when he was at his lowest, who gave him so much. As he looks at Jongin's eyes and sees pure love in them, he feels like he almost owes him that. Almost. Because he knows Jongin wants no debts, just true love, and Sehun has plenty of it for his one and only.

"I prom – " Sehun blocks his words with his palm because in real world, you can't promise something like that. You never know when this happiness may be taken away from you. Sehun is so used to things being taken away from him. His heart sinks, and Jongin can see it in his eyes.  

"It's okay, baby. It's okay." Jongin cups his face and it. "Don't worry. We can… start small. We will be 13 soon." He smiles, and Sehun notices he is right. Another week and it's their two-month dating anniversary. "Besides, I'm sure time flies faster when you spend it with the person you love rather than just watching him from afar."

This boy bites his lips ily while watching Sehun's reaction to yet another cheesy remark and Sehun finds himself enjoying it. He really can't help but lean forward to get a short taste of those bitten plump lips.

They should really go to sleep already but Jongin insists on peppering him with love lines and brief kisses. "I was in love with you since the day you claimed you can beat me in dancing, and you actually did because I couldn't get over how beautiful you were with your new rainbow hair." Jongin laughs, mumbling oh my god at the memory of himself, a boy who fell so hard at that fateful day.

"Wait, it was two years ago." Sehun's smile wavers as he realizes. "You were in love with me since two years ago?" His voice cracks, gaze falling down instantly. He knew Jongin had feelings for him for some time before he confessed, but two years!? And he never once noticed. The amount of pain he must have caused Jongin with his hostile attitude back then is the only thing Sehun thinks about when he tries to scoot away, heart clenching with guilt he can't control.

"Hey, Hey. Don’t' feel bad," Jongin pulls on his wrist, voice almost pleading. "It happens, you know? And it's okay, it doesn't matter now." He pulls Sehun to lie on his chest and rub his back soothingly, Sehun lets him. "I'm just happy that you are mine now. I've loved you for this long, and I'll keep loving you for this long."

Sehun meets Jongin's eyes, deep brown, reassuring and full of emotions. And then Jongin kisses him, slowly, because they have all the time in the world to count in seconds, or minutes, if they want. Sehun melts in the touch of his lips and tongue, and Jongin's taste in so familiar and soothing.

"I love you." Sehun breathes out on Jongin's lips, "I love you, I love you, I love you." He chants and Jongin shuts him with a crash of his lips on his again, because as much as he loves to hear those words coming from Sehun's mouth, it sounds desperate, as if he tries to make up for all the countless time Jongin thought those words and couldn't tell him face to face. He doesn't need to, because Sehun already has him now.

"I love you too, Sehun. And we'll be fine, because we are 12, and we'll make it day by day until we reach 22, and then it will be 12 again, and from then we'll be counting years." Jongin finishes with a kiss on his forehead.

Sehun feels so happy. "Yes, we will."

 


kill me now, I just love Sekai so baddd T^T