#14: Of iness And Bad Advices

My Exo Box

- 21st of August, 2016

Of iness

And Bad Advices

Hunhan

 3260 words

fluff, humor (I tried) | pg-15

 

requested by cutesarang


It had all started from this stupid commercial.

"Hey Sehun, Look! This is the CF I was telling you about the other day!"

Sehun turned around toward Chanyeol's direction, who was demanding for his attention in front of the TV. "What CF?"

"The CF with the new model staring in it, remember?" The other gestured him to come over without tearing his eyes from the screen. The smirk on his lips was growing by the second, and just as Sehun came over he understood why.

The screen displayed the almost body of a young man, who was standing in nothing but boxers in a dark-lit room. The camera zoomed on different parts of his body, following the rhyme of the upbeat music playing in the background. The perfect body shape was awe-sticking and mouth-watering; Thick thighs, defined abs, and masculine chest. His tanned skin was glistening with water droplets sliding down his freshly showers hair, black locks lying almost wildly on his head. The camera finally focused on the model's face, who returned it a passionate gaze.

"Damn, isn't he smoking hot?" Chanyeol murmured at the sight in front of him.

Several second of full body shots, and the tanned guy started walking, taking slow steps toward a girl wearing a matching set of lingerie, as the viewer discovers a second later.

"The girl is not bad too." Chanyeol continued distractingly. "But he…"

"Yeah…" Sehun definitely liked what he was seeing.

The guy placed a hand on the cupboard she was leaning on, over her head, and the two shared a deep gaze before both turn to face the camera. 'Kai' and 'Krystal' was written down on the screen, on top of the brand they were modeling for.

So this is your name, huh? Sehun mused. Impressive, Kai. This guy was indeed one of the iest people Sehun had ever seen. And this means a lot coming from Sehun, who had already seen a lot of models in his newly found job as a photographer.

"What have I told you, Sehun? He is to die fo – "

"Dare to finish this sentence and you are dead, Park Chanyeol!"

The two tall guys turned around abruptly to face a furious, almost burning in flames Baekhyun, and Luhan who was standing next to him.

Chanyeol laughed nervously. "Babe, I – "

There was a pillow flying toward him in a blink of an eye, hitting him square in the face. "What were you saying!? Who is your boyfriend, huh? HOW DARE YOU DROOL OVER A MAN WHO IS NOT ME?!" Baekhyun kept shouting with displeasure, hitting his boyfriend as a punishment for his behavior.

Sehun couldn't hold his laugher, pitying Chanyeol who was calling for help between cries of pain and begs for forgiveness. He stepped closer to Luhan, looking for any signs of similar aggression from his boyfriend and was relieved to find none. "You didn't take my reaction too seriously, didn’t you?" He asked hopefully. He knew Luhan doesn't usually as jealous as Baekhyun might get, but being his best friend can indeed have some influence even on the toughest of people.

Luhan just looked up at him with his big eyes, lips slightly pouty. Maybe just a bit, then? Chuckling at the cute expression, Sehun pecked his lips and walked past him into the kitchen.

Baekhyun ended his torturing soon enough, appeased with Chanyeol's sweet words and kisses. After Chanyeol made sure his life is safe for now, he dragged Sehun out for a one-on-one basketball match. The younger let himself pretend this was not for stress-relieving purposes.

The door closed, and Baekhyun flopped down on the couch, sighing. "Poor thing… Can't even realize that I am the cutest, iest, handsomest person here…" He said, looking into space as if there is no hope for his boyfriend. "Ah, for him at least. And you are – for Sehun." He added after a bit of thought.

Luhan kept quiet, now a deep scowl settled on his face. Sehun's eyes roaming over the tanned body was replaying in his head, and the glint in his eyes when this Kai guy was posing in the TV like some a stupid… ugh! Nevermind! He wanted Sehun's eyes to sparkle like that when he looks at him.

"This is so annoying! Why Sehun doesn't look at me like this, Baekhyun?" Luhan whined suddenly, pouting again.

"Well, you are not as y as me, duh. Or that Kai dude, in this case."

"I want to be y, then."

Baekhyun tried not to burst in laugher looking at his suddenly determined friend. "Oh my god you are so cute. y? You? No offence, but you are like the living definition of cuteness. That's impossible."

Luhan smacked him in the arm, pout still intact. "And you call yourself a friend? Come oooonnn help meee…" He started shaking the other's arm back and forth in a nagging way.

"Okay, okay! I'll try. But first." Baekhyun straightened and wore a serious expression. "Get rid of that stupid pout. No jutting lips, got it? Second – forget. about. whining. You have to act more maturely. Mature is y."

Luhan nodded once, focused and eager to please. But even then his expression was either cutely innocent or plain cute. Baekhyun let out a groan. "You are cute in a default! This is going to be hard."

But Baekhyun already had a plan, of course. Otherwise he is not Baekhyun

***

"Step one: The water bottle trick."

"The what? - Ouch!"

"Shut up and watch."

***

Luhan took a deep breath. It's time to start. He joined Sehun who was standing amidst a group of people, all looking so athletic and in shape, ready for the outdoors training that was about to start. This was an activity happening twice a week, open for everyone and for free. And he never, in million years, would have been there if not for the sake of his mission. A whistle was heard, and everyone started running in a big circle, making Luhan whimper immediately. I hate sports!

20 minutes later, Luhan was all but wheezing, holding his side in pain.

"Are you okay, baby?" Sehun asked worriedly beside him. Luhan looked up at his boyfriend who is calm like those exercises were a piece of cake.

"Yeah… I just… need…" Luhan lifted a finger to signal that he needs a minute to breathe. Well this is not y at all! He thought bitterly. He was well aware that Sehun must be asking himself why he had suggested coming there if this is so hard for him and doesn't have fun. He was glad when Sehun didn't ask.

"Lets go drink some water." Sehun rubbed his back and led him to where their bags were at.

The shorter's breath returned to normal by then, and now when he had a hold on his bottle and Sehun's attention… He did what Baekhyun was telling him to. He drank from the water bottle slowly, letting some droplets escape and slid down his neck and into his shirt –

A big water splash landed on his face and hair, dripping on his shirt and the ground, shocking him. He probably shouldn't have squeezed that hard.

"W-What… KHGHH –KHGH–" Luhan coughs out the water. "Oh my god…"

Sehun's amused chuckling reached his ears, and nooo why did it happen to me this is so embarrassing!

"You are so clumsy." Sehun came closer while holding his towel, smiling fondly at wet Luhan. He put it on his hair and started messaging it to soak most of the water out of it. When he removed it, he saw the most adorable shy eyes and blush adorning the other's face. "So cute." He pinched his cheeks.

This was not the plan!

***

 

"So, since you are not going to work out to get into shape –"

"Nope."

"– and not going to learn any y dance moves – "

"Um… no?"

"– here's step two: flirting."

"F-Flirting? But–"

"ZIP IT. Now repeat after me."

***

Sehun entered into the kitchen hastily, his dress shirt still ed and his tie hanging loosely around his neck. Luhan was seated behind the counter still in his pajamas, nibbling on a bagel while reading some magazine. When he looked up, his boyfriend's unusual, too-formal outfit caught his attention. "Hm…? Is there something special going on at work today?"

Seeing the cute frown as Luhan tried to remember any event that he might have mentioned before, Sehun beams. His boyfriend can really make his day sometimes with just a single expression. "An important meeting I can't be late to." He said while trying to focus on retying his tie. "And if you'll keep doing this cute face, I'm really gonna be late."

Luhan scolded himself inwardly, displeased with his inability to compose himself. He is supposed to be y, not cute for god's sake! Why is it so hard?! But he can do it. Baekhyun's guidance can't be wrong, after all. So he stands up from his place and quickly takes the tie from Sehun's hands to help him prepare faster.

While dealing with the tie professionally, Luhan's eyes travel up Sehun's pale neck, to his defined jaw, to his high cheekbones and sharp eyes looking at his reflection in the mirror. The fact that Sehun was very handsome was acknowledged by many, let alone Luhan, but this outfit intensified his good looks even more. Even though Luhan was dying to complain whiningly about people in his company are going to steal him from him, he stopped himself.

"Confidant people are y." He remembers Baekhyun's words. "Be confidant and forward. Don't shy away."

Let's give it a try.

"Se ­" Luhan started, voice suddenly turning into an embarrassing squeak, and god plead take me. He clears his throat awkwardly. "U-Um, hm… I mean…"

Why his voice comes out squeaky when he is trying to make it LOW?! LOW I said!

"You okay?" Sehun asked, didn't seem like he noticed even, for Luhan's relief.

"Ah, yeah, I just…" Luhan recovers fast, letting a smile on his lips, like he practiced with Baekhyun. "Just wanted to say that you look hot in this outfit…" He bites his lip, forcing his meaningful gaze to meet Sehun's.

Sehun beams widely, attending to his collar. "As always, no?" He winks.

"Hey! Be grateful!" . Not again. "I-I mean… psh. Whatever. I'm even hotter in just my pajamas anyways." He winked (or what turned out a pathetic try to wink) smirked his best smirk and flipped his hair.  

Sehun burst out laughing – Goddamn it! – "Thanks for the compliment, babe." He said as he leaned in for a kiss. Luhan covered the other's lips a second before the connection, smirking mischievously. What about a 'hard to get' Luhan, honey?  He his lips on purpose to provoke Sehun, but the latter got his kiss in the end.

"You're cute."

After Sehun closed the door behind him, Luhan hit the table with frustration. "Gaahh not again!"

***

It's an early evening time, and Sehun took Luhan to their favorite café as a spontaneous date after work. Luhan reacted with a very subdues happiness in comparison to his usual bubbly excitement, without the Really!? and the OH-Em-Gee Yay! and even without the I love you! Of course, there is nothing he likes more than the desserts in this café, but well, he has to be mature after all. He is yet to meet Baekhyun again for another advice, so he might as well try himself.

They didn't sit at their usual table – next to the stand with the stuffed toys with the big eyes that Luhan just loves – but next to the large window.

"Oh, hello there!" The waitress that came to take their order recognized them, since they were already permanent customers. "Nice to see you! Would you like your usual?"

Sehun smile politely. "Yes, plea – "  

"No, wait!" Luhan cuts. "Um, i-instead of the coco-marshmallow, make it another espresso… and I'll try the walnut pie this time. Yes."

The waitress wrote it down and sent another smile before marching away.

"Aren't you taking the coco-marshmallow this time? I thought it was the sweetest, tastiest drink in the world?" Sehun raised his brow, amused. Luhan ordering a walnut pie instead of the chocolate one is not as strange as him replacing his ever-beloved coco-marshmallow with another drink. And you take a (bitter) espresso instead?

"O-Oh yeah, ha ha, you know. Just wanted to try something new…" It wouldn't be that bad, right?

Wrong.

The walnut pie was just half as tasty as the chocolate pie for Luhan. And when he sipped from the espresso…

"Well?" Sehun asked, sipping from his own espresso while inspecting his boyfriend's face. "Do you like it?"

Luhan tried really hard to compose his expression. It's disgusting. "It's… interesting."

All I wanted is to order something mature people like Sehun would order. And now it's just… Luhan leaned back in his seat looking out the window. The cake is left unfinished, just several bites away but only because it was easier to stuff into the mouth and swallow than the espresso was, which was left almost full, even with its small portion. His mood is ruined.

Sehun was amused, and kind of pitied Luhan. It didn't quite make sense to him, but he knew that Luhan would love to get his usual order now. He gestured to the waitress secretly, so Luhan won't notice. "I think we'll get the usual order after all." He whispered.

The waitress nodded once and went away, and Sehun was left to wonder what's going on with his boyfriend.

***

"Ouch! Baekhyun! You are going to pull my eye out!"

"Tsk! I said don't move!" Baekhyun drew one last line with his eyeliner – which was extremely hard with that wriggling Luhan – and finally leaned away. "Vuala! I swear, this cannot fail this time." With a huge grin, he finally dragged Luhan toward the full-length mirror. "Look at this y beast…!" He whistled.

"WHAT. DID YOU DO TO ME."

"What? Look at you! Do you recognize yourself? – No! Is this good? – Definitely!"

It was true. Luhan really could not recognize himself, starting from his messy hair, to the eyeliner framing his eyes, to the sleeveless shirt and the leather jeans, and ending with some badass boots that Luhan would have never even dreamt of wearing. It was a striking difference to his everyday oversized hoodies or cotton shorts. But the jeans compliment my legs, he admits. And the eyeliner makes my gaze look deeper. He can kinda call himself y, actually.

"See? You already love it. And, with what I've told you to do earlier, Sehun will finally realize." Baekhyun smirked, walking to the door. "You're welcome~ and have fun, babies. Don't forget protection, blablabla…"

"Hey! It's not our first time!" Luhan blushed. Yeah, he still gets embarrassed.

"Whatever. Just don't break the bed, will you? It's also intended for sleeping. Yeol and I won't let you crush at our place."

"You are so mean!" Luhan pushes him out, and closed the door after him. What a best friend.

***

"Lu? I'm home!" Sehun called out into the air when he has no one coming to greet him at the entrance. He took off he shoes and stepped deeper into the apartment, and it this music?

He made his way toward their bedroom, where the slow, sensual music seemed to come from, and to say that he was surprised at what he saw was definitely an underestimation.

The room was illuminated with the light of dozens tiny lightbulbs hang together on the ceiling and walls, and from the nightstands lamps (because Luhan knew too well that Sehun disliked candles). There was wine and champagne on the dresser, and Luhan, oh…

"W-Woah – Luhan…" Sehun eyes were filled with awe at the makeover he went through. He looked so different, that it took a second for him to realize it's him.

"Do you like it?" Luhan smiled and gestured at himself and the space in the room.

"Yeah, of course, but… what is this all for? Did I miss something?" Sehun steps closer, confused.

"Not really." Luhan enjoyed the way Sehun's eyes were roaming on his body now, "Just wanted to give you a special night…" He finally nailed that low y voice THANK YOU GOD…

Sehun was still trying to take this all in, questions rising in his head when Luhan started taking action, forwardly kissing his boyfriend's neck and moving his hands over his body.

"Um, Luhan what are you doing?"

"You know, those clothes are very stylish and all, but," He pushed Sehun to sit on the bed and set on his lap right after. "Clothes are made to be taken off, so… take them off." He whispers hotly in the other's ear.

"O-Okay, but, just, let's wait a s – "

"No need to wait, my love." Luhan started ing Sehun's shirt, lips now reached his. "I'm ready – "

"Luhan, stop." Sehun holds Luhan's arms, putting some space between them . "Why - what… what's going on?"   

"What do you mean?" Luhan's eyes widen. "Don't… you want me?"

Sehun's frown doesn't go away. "I – ugh, I do, but why are you acting like this? You are scaring me."

Luhan feels a pain in his stomach. "Oh." He drops he gaze. Then he got how stupid he was. How big of a failure, that he has made his boyfriend scared of him. "I-I'm sorry." And with that he raises onto his feet and step quietly out of the room.

 

"Baby?" Sehun knocked carefully on the open door of the other room to get Luhan attention. The other was changing his clothes with his back to Sehun, unresponsive. Sehun didn't know what has he done wrong, but he knew Luhan is very upset. When he reached him, the latter was standing in front of the mirror and taking off the eyeliner, and Sehun noticed that he was on the verge of crying.

"I'm sorry, Lu. Please don't cry." He hugged the petite boy. "I'm sorry I'm such a turn off. I'm just… not used to you acting this way, and I'm really afraid of you trying to break up with me or something – "

Luhan let out something between a laugh and a snort out of his mouth, wiping his tears. "I was trying to be yyy, Sehunaa! God, I'm embarrassed…"

Sehun was looking incredulously at him.

"Y-Yes, I'm… well, remember that Kai model…?" Luhan asked shyly. "You were looking at him like… I don't know, and I just thought that, maybe…"

"Oh my god, Lu…" Sehun bursted out laughing, suddenly realized his weird behavior in the past days. "Silly. Yes, that's corny, but I love you the way you are. Cute, and whiny, and pouty, and sweet-holic. That's why you are my boyfriend and not him."

"But, Baekhyun said – "

Sehun rolled his eyes with annoyance. "I'm gonna kill you best friend, I swear." He turned around and walked out of the room

"No! wait, it's not his fault! Where are you going?" Luhan shouted, but before he realized what happening, he found himself on their bed, underneath Sehun who mastered a hungry gaze looking down at him.

"Later. Now, where is my special night that you promised?" Sehun smirked, leaning down to kiss Luhan passionately.

The other cooperates gladly. He notes to go help Sehun beat Baekhyun tomorrow. Of course, that is if he'll be able to walk.


Sorry for late update! Omg I've been so busy lately. I hope this wasn't too cringeworthy. It was a poor attempt for crack writing, I'm not experienced so I apologize >< Nonetheless I still hope you enjoyed reading it at least a bit, cutesarang! <3