Month 4

Operation Sidekick

Another month had passed by with the same routine for the spies in training; wake up at 5 am, go to training, go to classes, then training once again only to return home in the evening and study what they had learned that day. It had been a difficult time for all of the students, it seemed that the more time went on the more students would drop out of the program due to how demanding it was both physically and mentally.

Those students were looked down upon for their lack of discipline and effort but they were in fact lucky to leave when they did; the nightly drills were about to begin and no one could've expected that training could get worse than it already was.

~~~

Kai and Sehun were woken up by a sudden rapid knocking on their door at 3 in the morning to which Sehun bolted up and opened it, only to find Xiumin standing there with a panicked look on his face.

"We need to go! I just got an alert that there's a drill and they need us in the Underground immedietly." he exclaimed urgently as he shoved the phone in Sehun's face for him to read the message.

Sehun tried to focus on the bright light from the phone that was violating his sleepy eyes but once he processed what was happening, he rushed to drag Kai out of bed and the boys quickly changed into their training clothes; black cargo pants and tight black shirts that accentuated their muscles along with black training boots.

All three boys rushed out of the building and tried to look natural as they sped across the campus to get into the Underground training segment of the school. They noticed a few other students from their training attempting to do the same as they scurried in from all around the campus. Once they reached the doors, they had already been opened by a few other students and they ran in to be greeted by the upperclassmen lined up against the walls with serious looks on their faces, their hands behind their back as they stood at full attention to their training directors.

Kai, Sehun, and Xiumin quickly fell into step with the others and lined up where there was room for them. A few minutes had passed before the two instructors in front of the class spoke up.

"5 minutes and 28 seconds, not too bad for trainees," one tall man with jet black hair spoke out as he looked up from his watch. "I am Kris and this is Tao, we are your combat training instructors and this is a nightly drill we will be running until the end of the month. We decided it would be a good idea to train you when you least expect it because that's a huge part about being an undercover agent; expecting the unexpected."

Tao carried on the rest of the explanation, "You'll never know when you'll be called down and if you ever make it ten minutes late, you will be thrown out of the program. We only allow excellence in this academy, anything less is unacceptable."

"Now, we will start training tonight with sparring using a staff which is also known as 'stick fighting'. We will be monitering your movements and lending a helping hand when necessary. You will be partnered up with your mentors so pick up your sticks, we're starting." Kris instructed.

Kai, Xiumin, and Sehun shared a look of confusion before going on to pick up their staffs and going to their mentors to begin their third training session of the day at 3am.

"Why didn't you tell me we had training in the middle of the night?!" Sehun questioned as soon as he reached Luhan who somehow had enough energy for the whole class in the middle of the night.

Luhan laughed "Why would I do that? I would miss seeing your dishelved hair and pouty face from being woken up!"

Tao began instructing the class on different movements and techniques as Kris walked around and fixed any minor details in the boy's stance as they sparred with one another. And after 2 long hours of training with one another, they decided it was time to stop, seeing as all of the boys were dripping with sweat and 7 of them had ice packs on different parts of their bodies. Including Chen who was sitting with an ice pack on his head as blood dripped down his forehead, an apologetic Xiumin sitting by his side and asking if he needed anything else.

"Great class everyone, you all did great work tonight. We'll continue to work on these techniques regularly." Tao and Kris packed up their belongings and left the training grounds as the sun was just beginning to rise over the horizon.

"That went better than expected." Tao said with smile "Remember how ty those new students were last year? I'm pretty sure half of that class dropped out after the training we put them through."

Kris laughed and replied, "Yeah but we learned our lesson this time, don't throw them out into the jungle where they could get a random river disease when they first start here."

"Exactly." Tao replied with a hearty chuckle of his own. "Maybe we'll do that next month!"

~~~

Once the instructors had left the room, all of the boys collapsed on the floor from exhaustion. 2 hours of nonestop training had really done a number on their bodies not to mention the lack of sleep had begun to do the same.

Their head trainer Mr.Khun walked in and began to laugh when he noticed all of the new students writhing on the floor in pain as he realized that nightly drills had began. "I see you all enjoyed yourselves tonight," he exclaimed.

The students shot him dirty looks as he continued laughing at them, he walked to the front of the training grounds and set his teaching material aside as he glanced around the room. "I can tell you all tried your hardest last night but I'm not letting you off the hook from your morning training today. You all have about 48 minutes before my class begins so go grab a quick breakfast and meet back here so we can begin the lesson." he announced.

The students groaned as they got up to walk limply over to the vending machines that stood outside of their training grounds.

Kai looked over at Kyungsoo and asked if he wanted anything to eat.

"Yes please, just a granola bar will suffice for now." Kyungsoo replied as he was sprawled out on the floor.

Kai ran over to Sehun and Luhan and asked the same thing, they told them what they wanted and just as he was about to do the same for Xiumin and Chen, Luhan grabbed his arm and yanked him down, "Don't interrupt them! They're having a moment," he warned.

All three of them looked over at Xiumin and Chen who were now laying down next to eachother sound asleep as Xiumin's hand was holding up the ice pack on Chen's head which had luckily stopped bleeding.

"Shouldn't we take Chen to the hospital? I can't tell if he's sleeping or dead." Sehun said as he watched for Chen's chest to check if it was rising with each breath.

"Chen already acts like he's brain damaged, another hit to the head won't do any more damage than there already is," Luhan replied with a chuckle.

Kai shrugged and ran off to the vending machines where the line had dispersed a bit.

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo got up to join Luhan and Sehun who were sprawled out as he was just moments before. "Luhan, do you remember what our training was like last year?" he asked.

Luhan got up, "Ah yes, the jungle incident. How could I forget being kidnapped in the middle of the night and thrown into poisonous frog territory?"

Kyungsoo smiled and explained to Sehun how the year prior, Kris and Tao thought it would be a genius idea to stage a kidnapping of all of the agents in training, throw them onto a plane for 7 hours with sheets on their heads so they couldn't see, and toss them into a jungle in the middle of nowhere with only a map that led them to a cliff where they would be picked up. A training drill that was only to take 2 days and turned into a 9 day expidition because their teammates were dropping like flies due to a river disease they picked up from a nearby body of water. Not to mention the amount of poisonous frogs they encountered as Luhan mentioned.

Sehun looked horrified when he finished explaining, "What the ?! Are they gonna do that to us too?"

They laughed and Luhan replied, "You better hope not."

~~~

Training went on as usual; they were instructed to jog for an hour to get their blood rushing before a weight lifting session. Afterwards, they all showered and got ready for the day in the underground locker rooms before returning to instructor Khun who introduced a lady by the name of Irene.

"Irene here will be teaching you the art of seduction, an important skill to have when you need to get out of a sticky situation with your surrounding enemy targets." He explained before bidding farewell and leaving the training grounds.

Irene turned her attention to the class and offered a brief introduction of herslef before beginning, "Our first lesson will be based upon basic seduction techniques to use on a target. Seeing as the majority of you are males, your targets will likely be females who are either in charge of the illegal activity, spouses, or nearby relatives of whoever is in charge. I'm going to need 2 volunteers for my first example," she looked around for a brief moment before selecting two unsuspecting students.

Kyungsoo and Kai made their way up to the front of the class as their teacher instructed. She handed them two different papers, each with a character persona they were to memorize and embody within 45 seconds.

"Begin." Irene instructed as the 45 seconds ran out. "Your setting is a high end bar in New York."

Kyungsoo looked up from the paper and stared up at Kai with gleaming eyes and pouty lips, a look that Kai had never seen before. It almost made him forget who his character was; an undercover rich man from the upper west side of New York who is attempting to hide his identity that he is truly a spy from a far off country.

Kyungsoo let his paper fall from his hands onto the floor near Kai's right foot, all while maintaining eye contact with him. 

"Oops," he breathed out slowly. He then leaned over seductively with his slightly wiggling in front of Kai as he reached down to grab the paper. As he was getting back up, he slowly grazed his hand up Kai's leg while looking up at him with mischeivous eyes.

Kai sharply inhaled at the gestures and decided that his new persona would not waver at this kind of behavior from an attractive man, even if his true self would be a puddle on the ground by now. He reached down and grabbed Kyungsoo's hand with the paper in it and pulled him up with a gentle yet strong force. 

"Shouldn't you be ashamed of yourself? Torturing an older man like myself with those big curious eyes, you need to keep your hands to yourself." he exclaimed, trying to sound big and mighty so as to fit into the character he was given. He figured if someone was brave enough to be a spy from another country and risk their life daily, they should have a strong demeanor.

Kyungsoo chuckled an innocent laugh and replied "I have no clue what you mean," he replied as he placed a hand on Kai's chest and leaned in.

Kai shook his head with confusion, he quickly broke character to whisper a question "Wait, are you my mistress or a stripper?"

The class laughed at his inquiry as Kyungsoo stepped back and rolled his eyes, "I'm not a stripper you idiot, I was trying to seduce you."

Kai rubbed the back of his head as he let out a small laugh of embarrassment, "Sorry."

Irene shook her head, "We have a lot of work to do Mr. Kim" she said.

She sent them back to their seats as Irene explained how the scene could've gone a lot better and class went on as usual, another hour later and they were finally dismissed to go to their normal classes.

~~~

The boys all decided to grab a decent sized breakfast before starting their day and as they all grabbed their food and sat down, they discussed the longest morning of their lives and wondered what was to come up ahead.

"Listen, there's gonna be a lot of hard trials ahead of you guys and the best advice I can give you is to keep fighting because I assure you it doesn't get better from here." Kyungsoo warned.

Luhan nodded his head in agreement, "We can only help you so much, you have to stay strong mentally for what's coming up. Especially for the 6 month exams, they aren't only physical, they test your mental health and strength too."

"We'll keep that in mind," Sehun replied, "We appreciate how much you've helped thus far."

The rest of the boys nodded along and kept eating before moving on with the rest of their day.

~~~ 

Hey. I have no excuse for disappearing for like 3 years haha but I hope you enjoy the update! Since I have nothing to do during this quarantine I figured why not write a little bit! I hope everyone is safe and sound through this time, Love youuuu <3

Comment Down Below!