Orientations

Operation Sidekick

As the students took their seats, the staff were getting ready with their yearly announcments about events and welcoming new and old students to the school.

Luhan looked around him at the hundreds of students sitting around him. He felt dizzy from all the new and different faces.

"Welcome students," the Dean of Students said. "We are happy to have you back and excited for the new students."

"Doesn't he ever give a new speech?" Chen asked with a roll of his eyes.

Luhan chuckled and leaned back on his seat, lolling his head to the side. "I could probably recite the whole thing." he said as he began mouthing the words the Dean was saying.

Chen tried to hold in his laugh at Luhan's exaggerated expressions. 

Before they knew it, Kyungsoo had rolled up a brochure and smacked them both on the head. 

Luhan sunk down into his seat even more with a pout while Chen glared.

"You were doing it wrong." Kyungsoo said.

Luhan and Chen threw eachother questioning looks and then looked towards Kyungsoo, who was now mouthing the words even more exaggeratedly than Luhan was.

All three of them started cracking up, but tried to cover their boisterous laughter up with their hands, earning them critisizing looks from the surrounding students.

"You're funny Soo," Luhan exclaimed while trying to regain his breath.

"Tell me something I don't know." Kyungsoo replied with a smirk.

************

When the orientation was finally over about 30 minutes later, Xiumin waited by the auditorium doors like Luhan had instructed him to do. He was worried they wouldn't be able to find him due to the constant flow of student pouring out of the auditorium.

"Xiumin!" When he heard his name, he whipped his head forward to see Luhan waving wildly at him with 2 other boys. One who was turned around talking to 2 other boys and the other looked to be scolding Luhan for drawing attention to them.

Xiumin smiled and walked towards them, quietly excusing himself to pass through the crowd of people. Once he arrived Luhan threw an arm around his shoulders and introduced him to his friends.

"This is Xiumin,a new student here," Luhan said as he squeezed his hold on Xiumin.

Kyungsoo smiled at Xiumin and introduced himself "I'm Do Kyungsoo, a third year here." he said as he shook Xiumin's hand. Kyungsoo then slapped Luhan's arm off of Xiumin and pulled Xiumin away from him "You're making him uncomfortable Lu," Kyungsoo scolded.

Xiumin watched in amusement as they started bickering about him. The third boy Xiumin didn't know finally turned around and looked at Xiumin long and hard.

"Hi, I'm Xiumin." he said and stuck his hand out to shake hands.

Once Chen had processed his attraction for Xiumin, he flipped an imaginary switch on in his head to flirt and took Xiumin's hand in his own and kissed it gently, "I'm Jongdae, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Xiumin was stunned into silence, eyes wide as he stared at this 'Jongdae' boy. He heard two sounds behind him that sounded much like scoffs coming from Kyungsoo and Luhan.

"Chen, you're an idiot." Kyungsoo said as he watched Chen's expression flip to one of offence.

"Yeah seriously," Luhan agreed and walked away with Kyungsoo but not before pulling Xiumin away from Chen's grasp.

Kyungsoo noticed 2 boys behind Chen, the one's he was talking to a second ago. "Who might you be?" he asked.

One of the boys perked up and smiled brightly "I'm Kai, and this is Sehun. We are new students here aswell." 

Sehun nodded his head in acknowledgement to the other guys.

Luhan introduced himself and Kyungsoo as well as Xiumin. "Well I'm starving and they dont serve dinner here till 6 so is anyone up for pizza?" Luhan asked.

Everyone nodded their head fervently and followed Luhan to the supposed 'Best pizza you'll ever taste in your life.'

************

The group took their seats at the pizzaria as Luhan and Kyungsoo went to order their pizza.

Kai nudged Sehun "Isn't that Kyungsoo guy really cute?" Kai asked.

Sehun gave him a pointed look and took a glance in Kyungsoo's direction "Sure," he replied.

"Why are you such a downer today?" Kai asked with a huff, he just couldn't understand Sehun's odd behavior as of lately. He tried to lighten his spirits on multiple occasions to no avail, he finally decided to give up and have Sehun come to him instead of pestering him for answers.

Sehun rolled his eyes and struck up a conversation with Xiumin. It turned out that Xiumin lived just down the hall from Sehun and Kai's dorm room. "Where did you come from?" Sehun asked.

"Belgium." Xiumin replied.

Sehun lightened up and started speaking of all the vacations he used to take with Kai there when they were younger. "Kai didn't know how to swim so we never went anywhere near the coast," Sehun said with a chuckle.

Kai elbowed Sehun's side and pouted slightly at what Sehun was spewing, even if it was the cold hard truth.

"He still can't swim." Sehun said with a smirk.

Kai wore a look of shock and started punching Sehun's side for payback "You said you wouldn't tell!" 

Everyone busted out in laughter as they watched the two of them fight like children. 

Once the pizza had arrived, the talking had increased as they all enjoyed getting to know one another.

Unfortunately, time was not on their side and it was soon 9 pm, 30 minutes before the university's curfew.

They all bade a farewell to eachother and made their way to their seperate dormitories.

************

Kai watched as Sehun opened the door to their room after waving goodbye to Xiumin, careful not to be too loud and wake sleeping students.

Sehun went into the bathroom to shower right when they got inside and Kai unpacked his luggage while he waited for his turn to shower.

A few minutes later someone slipped a folded piece of paper under their door. Kai quickly got up and opened it out of curiosity.

Underground orientation at 5 AM.

Entrance behind warrior statue.

Be on time and bring work out clothes.

Kai opened the door to see if the person who delivered it had still been there, to see that not a single soul was in the hallway. He closed the door just as Sehun had gotten out if the bathroom.

Sehun had already put his pyjamas on in the bathroom and was now drying his hair as he walked back to his bed. "Who was at the door?" He asked.

Kai looked down at the letter in his hands "No one, we just got a letter from... someone. It's about the orientation for the underground section tomorrow morning at 5." He replied as he handed Sehun the letter.

"Is this why they wouldn't let us sign up for morning classes? Because our trainings in the morning?" Sehun wondered.

"I think so. It that its so early though." Kai said. 

Sehun nodded and got into his bed while he waited for Kai to finish showering so he can sleep.

It was when they were both laying in bed that Sehun had finally decided to talk about what was on his mind. 

"Do you ever think about what we'll be doing when we finish training?" He asked. 

"Our job?" Kai asked jokingly.

Sehun rolled his eyes even though it was in a pitch black room and Kai couldn't see him, he still felt the need to.

"Killing people I mean. For God's sake Kai, we're gonna have to kill people." Sehun exclaimed.

Kai could hear the fright in Sehun's voice, the way it had trembled slightly told Kai everything he needed to know. 

Kai sighed and got up from the comfort of his bed to hover over Sehun's bed. "Move over, I'm sleeping here."

Sehun moved and Kai got into the bed with him. "Of coarse I think about it, It's an inevitable thought. But it's not like you have to every single time, we are spies so our job is to find information without getting caught. We aren't assassin's or hit men so we don't do any killing unless it's absolutely necessary."

Sehun sighed and Kai could feel his body ease slowly into comfort. Kai smiled as he knew the exact effect his words would do for Sehun; put him at ease.

Kai swung an arm over Sehun's shoulder and pulled him into a hug, which turned into cuddling, and finally them sleeping soundly side by side like they had since they were children and we're uneasy.

It was their comfort zone, they were eachother homes.

************

The alarm blared at 4:30 AM the next morning and Xiumin smacked his hand down on it so hard he might have broken it.

He rolled over and got himself out of bed and into the bathroom to quickly freshen up before going to yet another orientation. Except this one was bound to be more exciting to go to, he'll take spy training over school any day of the week.

While Xiumin was on his way to the Warrior statue, he noticed Sehun and Kai standing in front of it looking around worriedly.

He walked up to the pair and greeted them accordingly, "Can you not open it?" he asked.

They both shook their heads in distress, "Sehun pushed everything on the stupid thing but nothing seems to be opening it." Kai huffed in frustration, doing a little foot stomp to go along for exaggeration.

Xiumin studied the statue for a moment before asking "Have you tried pulling the spear?" 

Kai shook his head no and Sehun reached up to it and as he was about to pull it a voice resounded from behind.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, it opens up a trap door."

They all gasped and turned around to find the owner of the voice that popped up out of no where.

Do Kyungsoo stood there innocently looking up at the 3 boys, having no clue that he just scared the living hell out of them.

Xiumin sighed, "How else do we get it?" he asked as he turned around to face the statue again.

"Well you could always just pull it forward from the handle under the fountain," He pointed out as he reached forward and started pulling the surprisingly light statue away from the wall to reveal a dimly lit pathway. 

Sehun, Kai, and Xiumin all looked at eachother "How are the new students supposed to know that," Kai asked frustratedly.

"They're not, it's hidden for a reason. We use the pathways between the walls to get down to the sublevels for training so no normal students come barging in on us training." Kyungsoo explained monotonously, as if he's done this a thousand times before.

Sehun was the first to step into the pathway and everyone followed behind closely after Kyungsoo pulled on the handle again to close the door behind them.

************

Once they had arrived at the underground section, they met up with Luhan and Chen. "We're so glad you're in the spy training program!" Luhan exclaimed as soon as he laid eyes on the new boys.

"They're glad to see us too, Lu," Chen said with a chuckle as he stepped forward to wrap an arm around Xiumin's shoulder "Isn't that right, Xiumin?" Chen added in with a smirk.

Xiumin took Chen's hand and unwrapped it from around his shoulder and replied with a quiet 'Yeah'.

Luhan laughed loudly and leaned in to whisper "Rejected~" 

Kyungsoo gave a small snort and walked away to talk to the head trainer about their plans for the day.

While Chen was messing around with Luhan, Sehun and Kai looked around at the training grounds. Mats upon mats laid spread out in the giant room, along the walls were door that were labeled for each different training they were to take this year and the years that followed. The main room they were in was labeled "The Self Defense Room.". The whole sublevel looked extremely well organized and everything was the newest and best material they could afford as well as up to date technology laced into everything they could put it in.

"I think we're gonna like it here." Sehun said as he scoped out the sublever.

"I couldn't agree more." Kai replied with a smile.

The head trainer called everyone in the room to sit down on the mats that were laid on the floor and spoke as soon as everyone was seated.

"I'll make this short and to the point because every minute I talk is a minute we could've used for training. I've assigned an upperclassmen to every new student so be their mentors for this year in order to help them grow. I want nothing less than perfection in every class here so if I see any slacking off I will make sure you don't see the underground section ever again, am I clear?" A chorus of yes's resounded from the students. "Good. I am Mr.Khun and I will be your head trainer for this year, if you have any questions feel free to keep them to yourself or ask your mentor. Now I will read off who the mentors are to each new student." Mr. Khun had all of the mentors stand and line up next to him, each one stepping forward when their name was called to find their mentees for this year.

Sehun looked around worriedly as he scanned all the new faces, he secretly hoped he would get one of the new friends he had made these past couple of days.

All of the students listened intently to the head trainer, each standing up and walking over to their mentors with all of their belongings.

"Do Kyungsoo will mentor Kim Jongin." 

Kai stood up excitedly and practically ran over to a stoic Kyungsoo, who then proceeded to pull Kai to a locker room nearby.

"Where are we going?" Kai asked excitedly.

"We need to get your locker ready for tomorrow when real training starts," Kyungsoo halted at a white locker and opened it, he ushered for Kai to put his wokr out clothes inside and as soon as he had Kyungsoo closed it right back up again. "They have electronic locks on them that only allow you or your mentor to open them." he explained.

Kai nodded his head in understanding. "We should go see who everyone got partnered up with." 

They walked out of the locker room to see an excited Luhan pulling a hesitent Sehun behind him. "Look Soo, I got partnered up with Sehun!" Luhan exclaimed as he walked past.

"I can see that," Kyungsoo replied. 

Kai watched as Kyungsoo turned around again to see Xiumin and Chen walking towards the locker rooms aswell, Chen talking animately as Xiumin nodded along.

"This worked out well," Kai chuckled as he turned to Kyungsoo.

"I guess so," he replied.

Cute and quiet, Kai thought, I like it.

~~~

Hello :) HUNHANNIES here! I'd like to thank everyone who has subscribed and upvotes thus far and im so happy to have you!!! I decided to finally finish this chapter today because i stayed home from school today due to a nasty cold so yeah :/ BUT IVE REALLY ENJOYED WRITING THIS IT'S FUN TO PLAY AROUND WITH NEW CHARACTERISTICS!!! Now if you'll excuse me, im gonna go paint hehe <3