Month 1

Operation Sidekick

A week after receiving their acceptance letters to Ghallager University, Kai and Sehun were already packed up and ready to leave for university. They were thrilled to finally be leaving, although it did have its ups and downs.

For example, leaving Paris, France was not exciting for them. They loved living in the city of love and romance, it was certainly enjoyable growing up in such a beautiful place. 

On the other hand, they felt the need to leave their homes as fast as possible for their own reasons, and it wasn't until their parents had told them what they really do for a living that Sehun and Kai decided that Ghallager University was definitely the place they needed to be.

They booked first class tickets to England, where the school was located, and had their drivers take them to the airport an hour before their flight to avoid airport traffic. Kai bade a farewell to his little brother and left the house while Sehun hugged his parents goodbye and went on his way. 

 "Jongin?" Sehun said as he poked at Kai's exaughsted figure on the seat next to his. They hadn't slept all night due to last minute packing and a lot of procrastination.

Kai grumbled in response but kept his eyes closed as he laid his head against his window.

"Are you nervous?" Sehun asked.

Kai looked over at Sehun and saw how he had been more jittery than usual this morning, "Not really, I'm just excited to be leaving."

Sehun's nodded and reassured himself that he would be alright, and if he ever got homesick he was only a few short hours away. 

************

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were called into the Dean of Student's office right as they stepped onto school grounds. He told them to sit on the couches he had in his room, and as they sat he took his own seat behind the oak desk. "I've called you here today to inform you that the new students that will be coming in a few days will be attending both of your classes."  

Chanyeol smiled brightly, being the ever optimistic proffesor he was. Baekhyun on the other hand sighed quietly.

"Something wrong Mr. Byun?" the Dean asked.

"No sir, I'm simply worried that they will be as incompitent as last year's students. This may be my first year working here but don't think I haven't done my research on the school's history," Baekhyun explained.

"Not to worry Mr. Byun, i've made sure all of the new students are of the highest intelligence and are mostly derived from our best agents." the Dean said.

"I sure hope so sir." Baekhyun replied as he stood up to leave with Chanyeol following closely behind.

************

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were quietly walking down the hall towards their new classrooms when Chanyeol decided to break the silence.

"I'm Park Chanyeol, I'm teaching computer science here in the University," Chanyeol said as he looked down at Baekhyun's shorter figure.

Baekhyun seemed to hesitate a bit before answering, "Byun Baekhyun.  I will be teaching about beauty and cosmetics."

At first Chanyeol thought that Baekhyun wouldn't reply but was relieved that he did, he needed to make a good friend before the semester started.

"You seem very excited about being here." Baekhyun said after observing the wide grin on Chanyeol's face. 

"My friends call me the Happy Virus because I always seem to be in a good mood but being at this school brings my mood up even more." Chanyeol replied, the grin seemed to be glued on to his lips.

Baekhyun smiled at his answer "You'll be teaching at the underground section, right?" he asked.

"Yeah! Are you?" Chanyeol replied.

"If I wasn't going to why would I ask?" Baekhyun laughed after seeing Chanyeol's dumbfounded face at his reply.

Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck, a nervous habit, and smiled bashfully "I guess that was a stupid question. What are you teaching at the Underground Section?"

"I'm a master of desguises so I'll be teaching them all my tricks on that. How about you?"

"I'll be teaching hacking and things that have to do with computers." Chanyeol replied.

"That sounds boring, I feel bad for your students." Baekhyun teased.

"It's not that boring..." Chanyeol defended with a laugh.

"I'm sure it won't be," Baekhyun replied with a smirk on his lips.

"We are basically hired to make their lifes a living hell, but also to make them more clever." Chanyeol stated, then abrubtly stopped in front of a classroom door, "This is my classroom, if you feel like visiting during school I'll be in here."

"I'll come often since my class is right across the hall," Baekhyun replied with a smile. "I'll see you around,Chanyeol," Baekhyun threw one more smile Chanyeol's way before walking out of the building.

I'll see you in a week at orientation, Chanyeol thought.

************

A week had passed and new and old students were starting to file in with their luggage at the front gate. The older students met up with their friends and walked to their new dorm rooms while the first year's were trying to find out where to go.

Luhan and Chen sat on the rooftop of the 3rd years' dorm rooms and watched as everyone hustled about trying to squeeze through the large crowd of people.

"When's orientation today?" Chen asked.

"At 2:30," Luhan replied.

"How come it's so late this year?" Chen wondered as he watched a first year student stumble around and almost trip over an older students' luggage.

"They wanted to give more time to the first years because last year they could barely find the auditorium, let alone their dorms." Luhan said.

"Don't we have volenteers to help them find their dorm rooms though?" Chen asked.

"Yeah but they weren't much help so they made the 3rd years do it this year." Luhan said as he laid back on the roof and closed his eyes. 

"Wait, Aren't we supposed to be helping down there then?" Chen laughed at how lazy Luhan looked.

Luhan opened his eyes again when a big shadow fell on his face, he saw Kyungsoo looking down at his face with murder in his eyes.

"You ARE supposed to be helping but instead your lazy asses decide to lounge around, now come down and help me deal with these first years!" Kyungsoo grabbed their ears and held on tightly as he dragged them into standing positions and haughled them to the roof top door leading downstairs.

"Kyungsoo let go you're hurting me~" Luhan whined as Chen input his own chorus of "Ow ow ow ow...".

"You're both so irresponsible, I want each of you to help at least 5 new people today." Kyungsoo scolded.

Before they could start their complaining, Kyungsoo gave them a warning glare and with that they were off.

************

When Chen got into the courtyard he immediately saw the boy who tripped on the luggage earlier and went to his aid as it seemed this time he had fallen over something else.

He put his hand out in front of the fallen boy and smiled "Do you need some help?" He asked.

The boy smiled back shyly and took his hand, hauling himself up. "Thank you."

"No problem, I'm Chen by the way. I'm a 3rd year here." Chen introduced.

"I'm Kai," the boy replied, "As you can tell, this is my first year here," Kai rubbed the back of his neck bashfully.

"Do you need any help with anything?" Chen asked.

"Well I seem to have lost my way to the dorms and on top of that I lost my best friend," Kai pouted.

Chen chuckled and watched as an angry boy walk up to them and immediately slapped the back of Kai's head, causing him to yelp and look back at the culprit.

"Where the hell have you been?" The boy asked.

"Me?! Where the have you been?" Kai retorted as he rubbed the back of his head.

"I went to the dorms and put my luggage in our room, I must have lost you along the way." The boy said.

"Damn right you did-" Kai was cut off mid sentence by the boy.

"Who's that?" He quietly asked as he looked at Chen.

Chen laughed lightly "I'm Chen." He introduced with a smile and an outstretched hand which the boy took and shook back.

"He's a 3rd year here." Kai said.

"I'm Sehun," the boy replied.

"You must be the best friend," Chen connected the dots when he watched their bantering. "Do you need any help finding your dorms again? Or maybe the auditorium?" Chen asked.

"No thank you, I saw the auditorium on the way to the dorms so I think I know where it is." Sehun replied politely.

"Okay, you can come to me if you need anymore help. I'll be by the auditorium doors in 30 minutes." Chen said.

They both nodded and waved with a smile as they left.

"Have you helped anyone yet? I can't find a single person to help, it's getting kind of annoying." Luhan said as he walked up to Chen.

"Yeah, I actually just helped two at once. Two down, three to go." Chen laughed at Luhan's jealous expression and sauntered away from him as he tried to find more people to help.

"Damn you Jongdae." Luhan growled as he abrubtly turned around when someone tapped his shoulder. "Hello, may I help you with anything?" Luhan asked politely.

"Sorry to bother you but I'm looking for the auditorium," the boy shyly said.

Luhan smiled at how shy he was "I'll take you there, follow me." 

The boy brightened up and quickly followed in Luhan's fast paced steps.

There was a few minutes delay due to the crowd of students and the fact that the school is huge so they had time to introduce themselves to one another.

"I came from Belgium," Xiumin said. "But I'm originally from South Korea. We had to move there 4 years ago due to family problems." He explained.

"Sorry to hear that." Luhan said with a sympathetic smile.

"It's alright, Belgium is beautiful so I don't mind living there." Xiumin replied. "Where are you from?"

"I came from China 3 years ago when I first started coming here," Luhan said.

"Do you miss it?" Xiumin asked.

"On occasion." Luhan shrugged. "I'm used to living here now so I don't mind it as much."

Xiumin nodded in understanding.

Luhan stopped in front of two big doors and ushered Xiumin in, "This is the auditorium. When you leave go to the right, it'll lead you straight to the 1st years dormitory."

Xiumin nodded again "Thanks for all your help, I hope to see you around."

"Me too! If you need anymore help I'll be by the auditorium doors when orientation ends, we can eat dinner together!" Luhan exclaimed.

"Sounds good, thanks for helping." Xiumin smiled.

"No problem! It was nice meeting you." Luhan replied with a smile.

"Same here," And with that, Xiumin was on his way to take a seat along with all the other students.

************

Once Kai and Sehun had finally arrived at their dorm room Kai threw his luggage on the floor and face planted on the bed next to the window. Sehun sat next to his laying figure and looked around the room "I guess this is our new home now," Sehun said.

Kai looked up from his position to look around the room as well, it was quite spacious for a dorm room considering the school was very wealthy and could afford to build such big rooms for their students. "I like it, we just need to add our own stuff for it to feel more cozy."

"Yeah." Sehun laid backwards, putting his head on Kai's lower back. 

"You alright?" Kai asked as he looked back at Sehun who seemed to be upset over something.

"I'm just anxious," he replied.

"I wouldn't worry too much Sehun, it's gonna be a great year. We are finally here so we can have the time of our lives as university students." Kai reassured Sehun as much as he could, but he could only do so much.

"I know I know, it's just nerves." Sehun sat up again and stood to pick Kai's luggage up from the entrance. "You better not start being messy or I'll kill you 12 different ways." 

Kai laughed "How can you kill me 12 different way, moron."

Sehun cracked a smile and opened the door, ushering Kai out.

"Where are we going?" Kai asked as he walked down the hall to leave the 1st years dormitory with Sehun.

"Orientation."

***

Hello, this is HUNHANNIES2 here :) I hope you are all enjoying the story so far! Mette and I are working hard and it's a lot of fun to start a new and fresh story! We will update soon, the next chapter will be about their new classes and introductions and such so we hope you're excited... If you have time please check out my other stories, it would mean the world to me!

We would appreciate some upvotes for support <3