Intro

Operation Sidekick

Ghallager University for exceptional young men was a prestigious school for the mentally advanced students all around the world.

Offering a wide selection of successful professions for the students to choose from with a variety of highly trained professors to teach the students in the most advanced way possible.

But there was one portion of the school that only a few amount of people knew of, the ones who's parents and generations before came together to create.

The Underground Section was a top secret facility in the school to provide high level training for spies.

That's right, spies.

~~~

It was a rather loud morning in the Kim Mansion when Kai had been woken up by a scream that rang throughout the enormous house.

He sat up and looked around his lavish room only to see his little brother bursting through his doors.

"Nini, guess what?!" He exclaimed with a huge smile on his face.

"What is it Jun?" Kai asked as he looked at his younger brother who was a spitting image of himself.

"You got accepted to Ghallager University! Isn't that great?!" He ran up to Kai and handed him the acceptance letter. Kai's eyes scanned over the letter and his smile grew with each word he read.

"Do you know what this means?" Kai asked excitedly.

"You'll follow in mom and dad's foot steps to being a great spy?" Jun asked with a tilt of his head.

Kai waved that suggestion away "Aside from that."

Jun shrugged "Then I'm not really sure." 

Kai smiled "It means I can get out of this hell hole you people call a house." He explained as he got up to pack his belongings.

Jun smiled and helped him gather all of the essentials "Only 4 more years till I'm there by your side," he replied sadly.

"I can't wait." Kai smiled and looked out of his window, dazed as he imagined all of the great adventures that laid ahead of him . "I have to call Sehun!"

~~~

Sehun woke up to a loud ringing in his ears and shot up out of his bed as he looked around for his phone. When he finally got a hold of it he didn't bother checking caller ID and answered with a grunt.

"I got accepted!" It was his best friend, Kai.

"That's great." Sehun replied with a yawn.

"Have you gotten your letter yet?" Kai asked.

"I haven't checked that mail cause I just woke up," Sehun replied.

"Go check it then! Call me when you do." Kai said then hung up the phone.

Sehun looked at the time, 11:47 AM, and shook his head at how excited Kai was this "early" in the morning.

He got up and quickly got ready for the day so he could go eat his breakfast before the maids put the food away.

As he walked through the long halls of the Oh Mansion, he bumped into a new maid. 

"Pardon me Mr.Oh, I wasn't looking where I was going." She bowed multiple times as she begged for forgiveness.

"That's quite alright, just don't call me that again. Mr.Oh is my father." Sehun replied and continued on his way to the dining hall where he saw his father sitting across the table from his mother.

"Sehun-ah, we've been waiting for you all morning! Come, take a seat we have something to discuss." His mother said as she ushered the maids to get Sehun some breakfast.

"What is it mother?" He politely asked as he took a seat next to her.

Sehun's father took the reins of the conversation and slid a letter with a wax seal on the front, adressed to Sehun.

From Ghallager University.

Sehun eyed the envelope and hesitantly took it into trembling hands. This was it, the letter that determined if he was going to be a spy like his parents and be successor to the family business or else a failure in their eyes.

"Open it! I've been dying to rip it open all morning but your father won't let me!" His mother explained.

Sehun nodded numbly and opened the top of it slowly, took out the letter and took a deep breath before reading the letter.

And reading.

And reading.

The same sentence over and over again.

Dear Mr.Oh Sehun,

We hope this letter finds you well, we have reviewed your application for Ghallager University and would be honored to have such an advanced student be in our special school...

~~~

"Mom, I got accepted with a full scholarship!" Xiumin excalimed with a smile.

Xiumin's mother looked up at him from the bed and smiled a fragile smile "Good job Minseok, I knew you could do it." She replied.

"We don't have to pay for anything isn't that great? They even paid for my flight there. I guess all those years of studying and hard work paid off am I right," he laughed and swayed back and forth on his feet.

His mother lightly laughed along with him, she enjoyed seeing him so happy as opposed to the glints of sadness in his eyes as he had to see her slowly wither away on the hospital bed. 

"You should go pack, you're going to live in the dormitories, right?" She asked as she patted his hand.

Xiumin nodded "Are you sure that you don't mind? What if you need me here?" Xiumin questioned as he held his mother's hand tightly.

"I really don't, I want you to be happy, Min." She replied with a smile.

Xiumin smiled back and said "I should get going now." He leaned down to hug his frail mother and bade a farewell before he was on his way out of the hospital and back to his home.

Once he had gotten there he set down the letter from the school on the counter and practically ran towards his room to pack up his belongings. 

Xiumin knew the dangers of enrolling in a secret spy school for university, but he didn't mind it. He would rather live an exciting life than lead an average life of an accountant like his now deceased father. 

The only thing he worried about was his mother, he couldn't tell her of the spy portion of the school, she would flip out and that's the last thing he needed.

He would need to keep it on the down low for as long as he could.

~~~

Luhan and Chen were sitting at the underground kitchen area for the spy portion of the university. As they ate their lunch Chen decided to voice his thoughts.

"Are you also one of the students chosen for mentoring this year?" Chen asked as he twirled his fork around the noodles in his cup.

"Yeah, I'm kinda excited! We can make some new friends." Luhan replied as he stabbed his fork into his salad.

"I don't to want to teach the freshman, they are too clumsy." Chen complained. He was in his 3rd year of spy training at Ghallager University and didn't feel that his presence was necessary to mentor the 19-20 year olds.

"I agree." Luhan and Chen jumped in their seats a little as they heard Kyungsoo. He came out of no where, as per usual his stealth skills were mesmerizing.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop doing that?" Chen asked as he wiped the noodles that jumped out of his bowl, along with him, off of the floor. 

"I'm not going to stop, work on your sensory skills. All you ever do is archery." Kyungsoo retorted as he took a bite of Luhan's sandwich without him noticing.

Chen sneered playfully and looked away from Kyungsoo. "Anyways," he said, trying to change the subject "I heard that they recruited half as much students this year and that every one of them will have their separate mentors."

"Meaning we'll each have a different person to mentor." Luhan stated.

"That shouldn't be too bad, I think one on one with separate students will get them to work harder." Kyungsoo said.

"How so?" Chen asked as he fed Luhan a bite of his noodles.

"We can meet each student personally and figure out their weak points and make them stronger. It's more efficient that way, don't you think?" Kyungsoo replied.

Chen and Luhan nodded in unison as they continued to munch on their lunch, occasionally feeding Kyungsoo aswell.

~~~

Hey everyone! This is Hunhannies2, I hope you enjoy this story and I will be looking forward to writing it!! Please let me know what you think :)