Protect

Timeless Love

JY POV

As soon as Ji Yeon reached outside. She wiped away the ‘tears’ from earlier and gave herself a huge hi-five. Yes! Yup, totally got what you deserve you cheating ert.

Ji Yeon was walking to her car and was about to open her car door when a strong hand pulled her around: Park Hyung Sik.

“Where do you think you are going?” Hyung Sik gritted through his teeth. Ji Yeon could hear his heavy breathing. He pinned me strongly against my own car, causing my head to hit the roof. That b*st*rd.

“Home.” I looked up and answered. He started laughing hysterically. The heck? Was my acting that powerful or was the humiliation not enough?

“You can still go home and sleep after all this situation you made up???”

“Of course, why can’t I?”

“Because I’m not going to.”

“And?”

“What?”

“And what? What does that have to do with me?” I asked innocently. The people who were inside that exited the club noticed us and started staring. He seemed to have noticed too as they started whispering again. I smirked at him and pretended to cry out loud again, putting on my poker face.

“You want to play around with me huh?” he whispered. I just looked at him and stuck out my tongue and as the others could not see me. He nodded and smiled but still looked angry that I became a bit afraid myself.

“Alright. Sure, you wanna play? Let’s play together. It will be more fun.” He slyly looked at me and smiled evilly.

“What? What are going to do?” I became very curious and scared of what he was going to do to me. He’s not going to hit me right? Wait he’s not going to right???

Before I could gather all my thoughts together, he crashed his lips over mine. I immediately tried to push him away but he was too strong. He wrapped one arm around me and one to hold my head into a forceful kiss. I could feel the taste of alcohol, strong liquor on my lips as he forcefully entered my mouth. I heard gasp and tried to push him but I wasn’t as strong as he was. Does he go to the gym or what? He doesn’t look like it. How dare he kiss me!!!

There were gasps and more commotion in the background. But his eyes were closed while mines were wide open. Even though the ‘kiss’ was only like 30 seconds, it was the longest 30 seconds of my life. What is this strange feeling in my heart? Why am I feeling like this? I need to push him away. This is so wrong but…but it feels so…right. She could feel his heartbeat in the same rhythm as hers. His chest felt so broad and hard.

Ji Yeon finally gave into the ‘force’ kiss and let Hyung Sik kiss her. It felt like the whole world was revolving around them.

HS POV

When I felt like she stop struggling, I let go of her arm and pulled her into a hug, ‘lover’s embrace’ as I could feel her arms slowly wrapped around me. I couldn’t let go, this wasn’t enough. Her lips felt so warm and soft. I felt lost, like nothing mattered anymore.

But the sound of honks pulled me back to reality. I quickly pulled away from the kiss and hugged her in front of everyone.

“I am so sorry honey. I promise you this will not ever happen again. Please don’t be mad at me. I only have you. She’s the one who was hitting on me. Trust me. Give me one last chance… to become a good husband and father, my love. Please believe me. I will change for you, and our ‘baby’.” I kissed her forehead and everyone in the back stopped chattering. Hyung Sik grabbed Ji Yeon’s hand and took her to his red Ferrari instead and sat her in there before driving them away.

****************************************************************************************

Jong Kook carried Ji Hyo until they reached the steps of her condo. When she notice that they had reach her place, she urge for him to let her down.

“Let me down,” she ordered. However, Jong Kook just kept her on his shoulder and carried her into the apartment building. “Yah, yah Kim Jong Kook! Are you listening to me?” he ignored her and proceeded to the entrance. Ji Hyo started pounding onto his shoulder and back.

“Kim Jong Kook! Let me down now! What are you trying to do here? Let go of-ah!” He literally threw Ji Hyo on the ground. Ji Hyo fell flat on her bottom and rubbed it quickly as the pain hit her. “Are you trying to hurt me more?”

“I wanted to help you but you asked me to let you down so I did,” Jong Kook , “Song Ji Hyo ssi.” She glared daggers at him. She tried to get up and limped for support. Jong Kook stared at her, earlier she was a business boss and now she looks like a little girl. She staggered up to the entrance but she slumped back. Jong Kook caught her from behind but she pushed him away. Clearly she almost couldn’t walk anymore but she was trying to act strong which Jong Kook could see through. He tried to help her walk this time but she pushed him away again.

“Let me help you.” But she got out of his grasp.

“Thank you but no thank you. I can go by myself.” Ji Hyo held onto the wall and started limping. 

There were some news reporter in the lobby waiting for her, thinking that she was still in her apartment.

‘I heard that she went out.’ ‘Are you sure about that?’ ‘The news must be true then.’ ‘Forget it, it’s too late.’ ‘We can come back tomorrow.’ They headed towards them but Ji Hyo was in too much pain to notice.

Frustrated, Jong Kook went up to her pulled her hoodie over her head and pulled her against him, hiding her from the reporters. 

“What do-mmph.” Jong Kook covered and hugged her.

“If you don’t want to see yourself looking like crap in tomorrow's headlines then stay still.” He whispered. Hearing the reporters talking, Ji Hyo decided to keep shut. Ji Hyo could hear the sound of Jong kook’s heartbeat and shyly rested her head on his hard chest. Jong Kook then nervously stood still and pretended to lean on Ji Hyo’s head. The reporter didn’t leave yet but came closer to them.

“Excuse me,” one of the man asked.

Jong Kook was surprised to see the man asking him and walk towards them.

His heart beating fast as he held onto Ji Hyo tighter, causing her to have trouble breathing. She clutched his body and shut her eyes closed in fear.

The man started walking closer and looked at them suspiciously. Jong Kook was ready to run now but Ji Hyo felt breathless.

“Can you move?” he finally asked.

“Nneh?” Jong Kook was surprised instead.

“You both are blocking the vending machine. Sorry to interrupt you, I wanted some coffee.”

“Oh, yeah sorry.” Jong Kook moved him and Ji Hyo out of the way and were about to walk away.

“By chance…” the man started again. Jong Kook quickly cocked out his head at the man before turning back to Ji Hyo and squeezed her again, holding her head on his chest. Ji Hyo once again was struggling to breathe. But she was scared as well, she didn’t want to be seen in the state she was in; big black hoodie, messy hair, bruises, marks, limping, dirty, in public press.

“Are you both married?” Jong Kook then felt like he was able to breathe again, as well as Ji Hyo.

“Uh-yes. We just got married.” He then pretended to sway Ji Hyo who tried to hold onto him from falling. Ji Hyo was extremely irritated when she felt him cradling her like a little baby.

“Congratulations.” The man said and walked away with his coffee. Until knowing that they are ‘safe’, Ji Hyo then quickly let go.

“Are you trying to squeeze me to death?”

“I didn’t mean to.”

Ji Hyo was being stubborn and tried to walk away. He decided to lift her up in bridal style and carried her to the elevator.

“Yah Kim Jong Kook!” She shouted in a whisper.

“If you don’t want to catch attention then stay still.” They got in the elevator as people stared at them weirdly. But he ignored them while Ji Hyo can only hide in embarrassment.

“Pssst~” Ji Hyo tried again, “psst~~ Let me down.”

“I didn’t want to carry you either but you were too slow. Don’t worry, we are almost there, plus you are too heavy anyways.” Jong Kook chuckled at her. With that last statement, Ji Hyo slapped his chest.

“Ow.” People started to stare at them again. “Yah Song Ji Hyo,” started Jong Kook in a whisper.

“Ssi,” Ji Hyo finished.

**********************************************************************

Jong Kook carries Ji Hyo out to the hallway of her apartment then put her down at the door. She opened it and was about to close it but Jong Kook put his foot in between the gap.

“Song Ji Hyo ssi, are you just going to leave your savior out here?”

“Oh, I forgot. Thanks.” She closed the door shut. Jong Kook can only stand in annoyance. He decided to go home.

“Aigoo, this woman. I saved her and carried her the whole night but this is how she repays me. Aigoo,” nagged Jong Kook as he walked away. Then his phone ringed, Yoon Kye Sang.

**********************************************************************

Ji Hyo closed the door shut and leaned on the door. She stood there for a while and smiled to herself. Then quickly pinched herself when she realized it. Yah Song Ji Hyo. Why are you smiling? That-that *

*Flash

The image of Jong Kook suavely coming to her rescue in the elevator and the alley, the way he looked at her before carrying her away, when he hugged her to hide her from those reporters, and carried her in the elevator.*

Ji Hyo’s lips cracked a thin smile in awe as she remember the strength of his strong arms and hard chest. He was very mesmerizing. W-wait. Why am I thinking of him? Stop it Song Ji Hyo. He’s only your bodyguard. It’s his job to help you. Then her stomach growled~~~

Aish. My groceries. I’m going to hwak! Aish, those gangsters. Why did they want me for? Ughh meolla. I have a shooting tomorrow. My food~~~~ Ji Hyo limped to her room and decided to order some fast food and finally reached Kwang Soo.

*************************************************************************************

Jong Kook entered the apartment on the 62nd building. He hesitated before opening the door to the room. As he was about to open it, it suddenly opened and Kye Sang showed up. Jong Kook made his way inside and stood in the room with his suit as Kye Sang brought him a shot of liquor. The room was beautifully decorated with a chandelier hanging from the sitting area that Jong Kook sat in. The room was decorated in a black and white fashion with lavished valuable accessories.

“How’s Ji Hyo?” Kye Sang put the liquor shot on the table.

“You should know.” Jong Kook gulped the liquor down.

Kye Sang paused before asking, “Is she safe?”

“Only for now.”

“I hope you can help me protect her for the time being.”

“Why don’t you protect her yourself?”

“That’s why I’m asking you.”

“Easier said than done. If that’s all then I’m leaving” Said Jong Kook before walking away.

“I’m asking you.” Kye Sang hollered.

“She’s an innocent woman, don’t get her involve in your world, like her.” Jong Kook stopped in his step and remembered Ji Hyo, the woman who soften in pain but still fought with the gangsters to help him.

“I know that you haven’t moved on yet.” Jong Kook can only clench his fist and grit his teeth together. “Hyung. If you can’t forget, then take this as a chance to pay back for you couldn’t do earlier.” With that, Jong Kook stormed out of the room and left the building.

“Thank you.” Kye Sang whispered. He drowned himself in the alcohol and turned the music on louder.

***********************************************************************************

Jong Kook ran on the treadmill quickly as sweat seeped through his white tank. His arm muscles could be seen bulking and the veins were really visible. He ran until he couldn’t any longer. He stepped off the tread mill for a quick drink of water from the kitchen. He was in his apartment from 2 years ago. Everything was still the same. The floor was covered in a wooden brown tone with the kitchen containing glass crystals as decorations. The walls were covered in a light beige tint, the couch was in the color of pure white with deep blue pillows. The sink was an open area, next to the table island.

Jong Kook took a bottle from the refrigerator and took in a couple of gulps before turning back. He fell back when he turned back to the front of the hall and saw the body of a dead person lying on the ground. The water bottle splashed on the floor, Jong Kook blinked his eyes and look again only to see nothing. He breathed heavily and tried to look around then stopped when he realized it was just an illusion. He slowly got up and cleaned the mess he made and went to get himself another drink.

*Flashback

There was a knock at my penthouse. The only people who knows about this place is Kye Sang and her. I covered my ears but the knocking and ringing wouldn’t go away. I finally got up and went to open the door.

“Long time no see, Kim Jong Kook,” Kye Sang looked at me and smiled. “Mind letting me in?” I stepped away and he slipped in. I never thought that we would see each other again, not after that.

“Why are you here?” I asked as he walked around the room and sat on the white couch.

“It hasn’t changed at all.” I stare at him and can only feel pain as he emphasized ‘changed’. It makes my head hurt, my heart hurt.

“What do you want?” I gritted my teeth.

“You know me well don’t you?” He smiles. “That’s why we became best friends, I guess.” Our childhood came back to me. Yes, we were the best buddies. I protected him and he protected me.

“I have a request.”

“Leave.”

“Kim Jong Kook.”

“Leave! Right now! I can’t stand looking at you.” He walked up to me and pushed me, backing me up.

“Why? Feeling guilty?” I looked away, raging within myself. “Look at me. I must be right. Right in the wound. I thought we were already over it.” He stopped and chuckled then continued, “Well I guess not for you, because it was your fault. You made this happen. You caused this, you should pay for it. It is all YOUR fault!”

“Stop it!” I grabbed onto his collar, ready to let out this volcano. Unchanging, he became serious.

“You haven’t changed at all. Exactly how I remember you 2 years ago. Stubborn. Kim Jong Kook.”

Kye Sang pushed Jong Kook away and threw an envelope onto the table.

“My request, protect her. And, I hope you won’t fail this time… Hyung.” Then he walked out. Jong Kook fell to his knees and started sobbing, pounding his chest with his fist and cried. He slept on the ground until night. After a while he walked up to the table and took out the material. A picture of a woman, Song Ji Hyo…

*Flashback

Jong Kook took a sip from the crystal glass cup filled with red wine. He stared into the city lights and heavily breathe out. Closed his eyes and threw the cup at the thick glass window, breaking the wine glass into many pieces. The glass wall splatter in red wine streaming down as Jong Kook stare at his own reflection, in anger and hatred.

**************************************************************

First of all I would like to thank you for leaving me comments. It was very refreshing and exciting. I also hope you will like this chapter. I’ll try to write more spartace moments! Have a great day bunnies!