In Between

Timeless Love

“How did you find me? Are you a stalker?” Ji Yeon shouted

Hyung Sik gasp in disbelief. “Hey, don’t think that you are so pretty. I didn’t want to see you but now that I do see you, we have some unfinished business.”

“What kind of business do I have with you?” She quickly retorted.

“I-“

“None.”

“So-“

“Nothing at all. I’ve already apologized, what else do you want?” Hyung Sik was now going crazy as this crazy lady interrupted him over and over again.

“Wait. How do you guys know each other?” Soo Jin butted in. Ji Yeon smiles but pulls Soo Jin farther from him and whispered to her.

Ji Hyo and Jin Hyuk looked at the trio and walked to her makeup area.

Jin Hyuk chuckled at the two amateurs who are arguing and sat next to Ji Hyo.

“What a funny couple. She’s pretty.” Ji Hyo stared at him the whole time he was making himself comfortable. “What? Am I that suave?Jealous?”

“Why are you sitting there?” Ji Hyo finally asked.

“Wae? I can’t?”

“I told you only to send me to the door,”

“Ehh, don’t be stingy with your area. Also, I wanted to ask you for dinner. It’s been a long day.”

“I-“

“It’s a group dinner.”

JH POV

I’m tired…Well, it doesn’t hurt to get dinner with costars.

“Miss Mong, knock, knock.” She finally turned back to reality.

“So is that a yes or no?”

“Sure,” I smiled slightly.

“Come on, I’ll walk you to your car. Wouldn’t want that tomato accident to happen again MongJi.” I nodded and text my manager.

Choi Jin Hyuk slip away with the trio still arguing.

“How old are you?” Hyung Sik asked impatiently.

“What does it matter to you?”

“Soo Jin, how old?”

“Don’t tell him.”

Soo Jin could only look at them and close . “Oh, Choi Jin Hyuk ssi. “She looked in his direction as he walks out the door.

“Huh, where? Where?” Ji Yeon darted her eyes out to see no one.

Soo Jin held up her fingers to Hyung Sik and quickly ran to her area and got her bag.

“Ahjumma,” Hyung Sik grinned at Ji Yeon. She turned around and glared at him.

“Who’s your ahjumma?”

“You.”

“You- wait. Oh, so that means you are younger than me then.” She grew confident.

“Kiddo, hasn’t anyone taught you to call someone who’s older than you Noona before?”

“I don’t know you, that’s why I called you ‘ahjumma’. Oh, and by the way, you need to compensate for this.” He showed her his broken cellphone. Now that she thinks of it, she remembers the previous incident and all her courage melted away.

JY POV

So he wasn’t trying to harass me? How embarrassing! Ahhh! Just kill me now! She finally took up the courage, and apologize, wishing she could bury herself in a hole to escape that memory. He scoffed and chuckled.

“Name?”

“Huh?”

“Name?”

“Lim Ji Yeon.”

“Park. Hyeong. Sik.”

How arrogant. I can read and hear Hangeul clearly.

“Age?”

“25”

Phone number?”

“Are you interrogating me right now?”

“Ji Yeon-ah, would you like to join us for dinner?” Soo Jin tweeted between them.

“It’s alright unnie. I have another appointment to go to. We can go together some other time. But thanks for the offer.” I bowed and walk out as Song Ji Hyo headed out first.

Oh, I forgot all about her. Crap, I just lost my one and only chance to meet my ‘oppa’. T.T..That ill-mannered brat ruined my day. Why would Soo Jin unnie date someone like him? He looks just like a player, a Casanova. He even talks like one. She called her manager and reached the elevator only to see them behind her.

“Oh, Choi Jin Hyuk oppa.” Wow. Who would believe this? That brat is behind me and Jin Hyuk is in front of me??? I’m stuck between heaven and hell!

Everyone quietly got into the elevator together: Ji Hyo, Jin Hyuk, Ji Yeon, Hyung Sik, and Soo Jin.

“Hello Choi Jin Hyuk ssi. I’m a really big fan of Emergency Couple.”

“Oh, thank you.”

“You two make a very nice couple on screen and off screen.”

He chuckled, so handsome. “You think so? Thank you. Please keep supporting our drama. Please come to our drama premier.”

“Of course.”

HS POV

“Your name?”

“Lim Ji Yeon-mnida.”

“A beautiful name.” He took out his hand to shake hands with her.

So, she would act all crazy around me and act all shy around him. Oh, I get it now. She likes him. *chuckles* Who would like her???  I felt a shrug on my shoulder.

“Hyung Sik-ah,” Soo Jin shook him. “Hm?”

“Did you hear me just now? I asked what did you want to eat?”

“Anything with this beautiful lady.” She could only smile at his attitude. The elevator went down and opened on the 13th floor. Suddenly so many people barge in.

‘Ommo isn’t that Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ji Hyo?’ ‘Yes it is.’ ‘Hello.’ ‘I’m a very big fan.’ ‘You are so handsome!’ ‘So pretty!’ Can I get a handshake? A hug?’ ‘Oppa~~~~’ ‘Picture please Song Ji Hyo ssi.’ ‘Isn’t that Park Soo Jin ssi and Lim Ji Yeon ssi too?’ ‘Daebak. Picture please!’ They all crash inside with the celebrities in the elevator and separated the couples. Phones were flashing in their faces. Somehow, Jin Hyuk ended up shielding Soo Jin, Hyung Sik was squished to Ji Yeon, and Ji Hyo was cornered. They were squeezing their own way out but to no prevail. The doors suddenly open again with only more fans and reporters awaiting for them, Level one.

JH POV

More people crashed inside and left them no space to even come out. Cameras were flashing everywhere, blinding her. AH! Can’t they move? What is this ruckus?

‘Song Ji Hyo ssi.’ ‘Is it true that you dating someone?’ There have been photos of you and another man together!’ ‘Who is he?’ ‘Can you please clarify for us?’ ‘Song Ji Hyo ssi! ‘Please give us a word!’ The reporters shouted from all kinds of places.

Can someone just stop this mess? Dating? Now I’m having a dating rumor? Can’t it get any worse??? I tried to politely get out of their grasp but they kept holding me back. Youngsters are pretty strong these days. I couldn’t even budge anymore. It feels so..suffocating… I can’t breathe…

Suddenly the crowd started moving out of the way and I could feel myself again. Someone was pushing them back.

“Excuse me. Please move back. Excuse me, you can’t do that.” A dominating voice shouted among the crowd. Then there he was. A man with perfect build, muscular in a black suit coming towards her. Brown, chestnut hair, tan skin, tall. An ideal man is standing in front of her, with his arms protecting her from both sides to avoid any contact from the crazy fans and reporters. She could hear his breath so close to her ears. The crowd push harder but he withstand it as their face were only inches apart. Her heart beat faster as she can smell his scent. So mesmerizing. He smells good. Coffee…Waittt. What am I thinking? I need to get out of here! I tried to move look for a way out but nothing came to sight. He wouldn’t let anyone come near me. Then I met his eyes, dark brown, cold stone eyes. Emotionless, expressionless.

KJK POV

Why are there so many of them? She must be a very well-known actress then. I can’t believe I’m doing this. When he turned to look at her, their eyes met. Between him, she was rather small and petite, pale but glowing. But the way how she looked at him was different from what he heard and saw from the photos. Her eyes were soft for a moment then locked into stones. She’s…different.

The security then came to the rescue and pushed everyone away, guiding them out of the elevator. He escorted her the whole time as the other celebrities followed behind. Questions were being thrown at her but he pushes them out of her way. Protective and dominating. Just who is he? Don’t tell me…

They reached their vans and their managers ushered them in. Everyone left the scene. As soon as the van started and went on its way, Ji Hyo turned to look at him.

“Who are you?”

“Kim Jong Kook. Your bodyguard as of this moment and onward.”

“What?”

“Your bodyguard.”

“What?”

“I am your body guard, Song Ji Hyo ssi.”

“I mean, why? Who assigned you?” He looked at her and kept the same stone face she was also giving him.

“You should know.” Then her phone ranged and the caller ID reads, Yoon Kye Sang.

********************************************************************

Dun dun dun! Yay, they meet! Here you go. Hope you guys like it. Thank you so much for commenting! It was really encouraging. I’ll try my best to create the spartace moments. Please enjoy and comment below! Have a great day! Annyeong!