Coffee Shop

That Little Thing

Coffee Shop

{ Suho of Exo & Han Ara (OC) }

by our co-author chenchenchen !!

Coffe Shop - Bap

Everyday, exactly 2 o'clock in the evening, Suho would usually eat at a little coffee shop in town. He would sit at his usual place outside- under the shade of an opened umbrella with a cup of black coffee, croissants and a book in his hand. But his eyes were never on the book anymore. Not after he saw her.

"The usual, sir." A blonde waitress said, smiling politely at the charming young man. He nodded gratefully at her, not even paying full attention to her. Instead, he glanced around, trying to find the familiar figure. Finally, with a defeated sigh, he buried himself in his book.

Why isn't she coming? Is she okay? He couldn't read what was in the book, the words were merely scribbles in his eyes. Unconsciously , his thoughts began to stray to the female.

Suho glanced at his watch to see that the hands were pointing at half past 2. She isn't coming, he thought ruefully. Some part of him gave up the thought of seeing her today, and the other part of him had really wanted to believe that she was coming.

He really couldn't focus. Not with her absence. It felt. . . weird, not having her close. He puts down his book and his face tiredly. He was really hoping that today he could see her. Suho leaned his back against the chair, closing his eyes and enjoying the cool wind hitting his face. But her face never did leave his thoughts, her face still lingered behind his closed eyelids. It was blurry- from not seeing her for a week because of being ill- but she still looked perfect.

"We left some for you. The usual. . ." A voice said, breaking his reverie.

He heard the sound of ceramics hitting against wood and that was when he opened his eyes, feeling a presence near him. His breath hitched when his gaze landed on the familiar figure sitting just a table away, facing him. She was closer to him today, since her usual seat was taken by one of the customers.

"Thank you. I'm very sorry for troubling you. I wasn't expecting the meeting to end this late." The female chuckled to the waitress from earlier. Her voice was beautiful. It was the first time Suho had heard her say two long and full sentences. Usually, he would only hear her say 'Thank you' or 'Goodbye'.

"It's alright, miss. It's no trouble at all." The waitress said with the same smile she gave to Suho. "If you need anything else, just let me know." She said before walking away. So close, yet so far. The girl who took his breath is just an arm's length, and she looks even more beautiful up close.

Her dark hair was lightly tousled by the cool spring breeze, her milky skin and those eyes. . . those captivating brown orbs. She, too, had a book in her hands, her eyes skimming through the page. Everything she did looked elegant and beautiful- the way she nibbled her sandwich, the way she would bite her lower lip to stop herself from smiling as she read the book peacefully and how she took the cup in her hand, her lips touched the ceramic lightly as she sipped her drink. As if she knew that Suho had been staring at her, she glanced up, meeting his gaze. And she smiled. She smiled!

His eyes widened, heartbeat increase and quickly, Suho ducked his head behind his book, his ears turned red in embarrassment. She just noticed me! He cried mentally.

It felt as if the world around him had stopped as soon as their gaze met. He braved himself and peeked behind his book, his heart fluttering in great speed, his forehead was clammy when he saw her eyes were still on him. That smile she was giving him was heart wrenching, with her pearly teeth shown and a pair of dimples appeared on both of her cheeks when she smiled.

How can a girl have this much effect to a guy? Suho gave a shy and timid smile back at her, their eyes never breaking contact. And finally, he did something unimaginable and daring.

He stood up and walked over towards her, looking rather calm, but he knew that in the inside, he felt as if he was going crazy. "Hello, my name is Kim Joonmyun, but my friends called me Suho." The girl flashed another smile at him. He felt complete. Right. Just to be near her and it was the start of something new.

"Hello, Suho. I'm Han Ara." She chuckled. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you." And it all started at a coffee shop.

 

- - - - - -  - - -  - - - -