Let me be your shield

Perfecting You For The World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recap: Sunggyu confesses his feeling to Woohyun. Some uninvited guests come to Sunggyu's house while he was spending some time with his student. Woohyun hears the harsh words of the woman directed towards him.

5. Let me be your shield

 

"Sorry young man, but may I know who are you?" the petite woman asks the man standing in front of her door. 

"I am Hyu..I mean Woohyun's Seongsaem-nim" Sunggyu gives a 90 degree bow to the elder lady. 

"Oh, please come inside Seongsaem-nim" the lady invites him, bowing slightly "I assume that you are here, regarding Woohyun's absence." 

The teacher walks in "Yes, I was just worried, since he has not been showing up after the visit to my house. Is he fine?"

The woman shuts the door and leads the teacher towards the hall "That stupid boy" the woman says in a low voice, shaking her head "He is fine" she gives a warm smile to the teacher "infact very healthy. I apologize on his behalf to make you worried. Please take a seat" she gestures the teacher towards the sofa.

"Oh its perfectly fine" Sunggyu says and settles down on the sofa.

"Please make yourself comfortable, I will be back in a minute" the woman says and excuses herself when the teacher nods.

Sunggyu looks around the house. The house is not as luxurious as his one but it surely is very comfortable. His eyes stop at the photos hung on the wall beside the stairs. There were exactly 5 photos hung on the wall out of which two were candid shots of Woohyun's family. The four people in those photos, look very happy in each other's company. Sunggyu thinks about the last time when his family was so happy together. It was probably 12 years ago, before his mother was diagnosed with tuberculosis. After her mother's death 8 years ago, his dad re-married and then a year later his dad started living separately with his 2nd wife, leaving Sunggyu with Jinshi. But the lonliness didn't tear him up instead it made him more stronger.

He looks at the picture beside it and his lips curve into a smile. It was a picture of little Woohyun with his friends at a park - the park where he first saw Woohyun. Woohyun surely had a lot of friends back then. 

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Seongsaem-nim." The teacher's train of thoughts break after hearing the woman. 

Woohyun's mom hands Sunggyu a glass of cold-drink. "Its alright Mrs. Nam" Sunggyu smiles "May I know why Woohyun has not been showing up since last 5 days?" 

"Oh well, he told me that he was embarrased to face you after getting drunk in front of you. That pabo" the woman chuckles "And that reminds me to thank you for taking a good care of him." 

The teacher gives her an uneasy smile. He thinks of the other possibility of Woohyun's absence. Maybe Woohyun felt uncomfortable to face him after the kiss? But he seemed okay that day, didn't he? "May I meet him?" he asks reluctantly.

"Oh sure. He is in his room upstairs" she says.

"Thank you" he says and gets up from the sofa. He bows and walks upstairs.

He k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter