You can't win against your heart

Perfecting You For The World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4. You can't win against your heart

“Man,  Saem’s parents are surely rich!” Woohyun mumbles to himself while looking at the pool. He walks closer to the pool and sits on its edge, descending his legs into the cool water.

After coming out of shower Sunggyu dries his hair using the towel on his shoulder. He looks around for Woohyun, finding no one present in the room he sighs “I told this boy to wait for 5 minutes more, such an impatient soul” the teacher shakes his head.

Sunggyu walks towards the kitchen counter and picks up an apple from the bowl kept on it “Halmeonim, did Woohyun come here?” he asks and takes a bite from the apple.

The woman who was busy cutting vegetables looks at the teacher “You mean your beloved baby Woo?” the woman gives the teacher teasing smile. Since Sunggyu started living alone from the age of 16 Jinshi was the one who took care of him and as the time passed by, their bond became stronger like a mother and a son. She knew most of the secrets of Sunggyu and she was the one of the few whom Sunggyu relied during his hard times.

“Halmeonim he’ll hear it” the teacher smiles and dilates his eyes playfully.

“Well he would have, if he were here. He was waiting for you here few minutes ago but after sometime he said he was bored so I suggested him to look around until you come.”

Sunggyu shakes his head “Impatient little dork” he murmurs and then keeps the half eaten apple on the table “I’ll be back in a minute, please keep our breakfast ready in the living room halmeonim” he says and walks out of the kitchen.

Woohyun puts all his weight on the tip of his toes and stretches his stiffen limbs near the edge of the pool.

“GOT YA!” Sunggyu shouts from the big windowpane which lead to the pool.

Hearing the voice out of blue, Woohyun loses his balance and falls into the pool.

“There’s no point in hiding now, I already saw you” Sunggyu says while walking closer to the pool. After reaching the pool, he finds Woohyun struggling in the water. “HYUN!” he yells in suprise and dives into the water to save his student.

He brings Woohyun out of the water “God! Try to be more careful!” the teacher whoops at Woohyun. Woohyun's head was on his teacher’s lap and he was panting badly.  “Damn it! You scared me for a second!” the teacher flicks his student’s arm.

Once Woohyun’s breath returns to normal, he fires back at his teacher “You were the one, because of whom I lost my balance and fell!” he says and raises his head from his teacher’s lap.

“Why the hell were you standing at the edge if you don’t know how to swim, you brat!” Sunggyu was really worried. He could not imagine Woohyun’s life in danger and the thought of losing him scared him thoroughly.

“Brat? Saem I’m 20 for your information!”

“So act like one you hideous head! What if anything bad had happened!”

The word hideous coming out from his teacher’s mouth, hurt the student a lot. “The worst could be that, this hideous head would have drowned to death! At least an ugly thing in this world would have become less!” he says with difficulty, since a gulp starts to form in his throat.

The teacher slaps him. Hard. The student had spoken the words of which the teacher was most scared from. “Stop speaking nonsense! I’m tired of telling you that you are not ugly!”

The student looks at his teacher with tear filled eyes “I never asked you for your sympathy! I should have never trusted you! You are just like everyone else!” he says with shaky voice, trying his best to control his tears. He stands up, wiping the tear that slipped from his left eye he starts walking away from his teacher.

It hits the teacher, what kind of act he did in a fit of anger. He stands up and holds Woohyun’s wrist successfully making him stop. Woohyun struggles in his hold “L-leave me.”

Sunggyu gives his hand a tug and pulls him into a hug “Hey” he says softly “I didn’t mean what I said Woo.” Woohyun struggles in his hug “L-let me go.”

Hearing Woohyun’s broken voice, Sunggyu shifts a little to look at Woohyun’s face. “Oh my god Hyun, are you crying?” he asks. Since Woohyun’s face was already wet it was hard to comprehend. His confusion vanished when a tear slipped from Woohyun’s eye. “God, Hyun!” he hugs him tightly. What have I done! he curses himself. “Woo I really didn’t mean all those words.”

Woohyun stops struggling and lets his emotion loose. “Whether you mean it or not, it is true and I acknowledge it. But please Saem don’t say it aloud, it hurts. It really does” he sobs into his teacher’s chest.

The teacher regrets his immature actions. “I was wrong” he admits.

“No Saem. The truth is always bitter, I know, I understand but I don’t have the courage to face it. I’m a coward Saem. I’m a big coward…” he keeps blabbering.

“Shh..Hyunie. I’m sorry.”

“-thanks for caring for this hideous thing. Thanks for bestowing it with love even when it deserved the least..” the student sobs continuously. The student’s words stung Sunggyu’s heart. He needed to show the student how much his existence meant for him.

Sunggyu uses his left hand -which were around the student’s nape- to tilt the student’s head up. The student looks into his teacher’s eyes with admiration. “I don’t deser-“ he was cut short with a kiss.

Woohyun’s eyes widen in response. He didn’t know what to feel. Not when his teacher gave him 2 light pecks and then sealed both their lips together. The teacher kissed him slowly and with such care, that the student’s knees felt weak. He just went with the flow and returned the teacher’s kiss with same warmth. He clutched the teacher’s drenched shirt tightly. Just to adjust with his teacher’s height he stood on his to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter