bubblegum

KaiSoo Confectionery

Bubblegum
1196 words, g
fluff, hints of mpreg,
family!au, parents!kaisoo
cuteasf dad!jongin

-

Jongin's sitting on the bench beside the fountain, ice cream in hand, while he waits for Kyungsoo to finish with university. It's not really a wait, Kyungsoo must be done already, seeing that there's only five minutes left until he finishes with his classes for the day.

There's a boy sitting beside him- his boy. He has Jongin's looks entirely, from his skin to his nose and his lips- even personality. But his eyes belonged to Kyungsoo, big, wide and expressive.

"Dad," Said boy mumbles, his own ice cream falling down the side of his mouth. Jongin turns to look at him. "Mess," The boy says, pointing to his cheek.

Jongin smiles, taking out a handkerchief from the pocket of his slacks to wipe at the three year old's cheek. There's actually too much of a mess on the small boy, blue and pink marks running down his hand and on his t-shirt and Jongin has already deemed his son a lost cause when it comes to eating on his own-

So he leans over to wipe at whatever he can so that he can make the boy a little more presentable for his appa who they were going to surprise today by waiting for him outside his college

But then they both freeze-

For Taeoh's ice cream has been pushed against Jongin's white button-up, leaving a pink-blue blob on the material. 

Taeoh looks at his father and then at his ice cream and his eyes start watering almost instantly, while his bottom lip starts trembling- a trait he has clearly inherited from Kyungsoo. He was going to throw a fit. 

Jongin decides that today wasn't going to be the day when he'd be able to enjoy his peppermint chocolate chip ice cream so he himself inwardly wails. 

There's fat, wet tears flowing down Taeoh's cheeks, the ice cream cone clutched tight in his hand- while the ice cream itself gloriously stuck to, and balancing on Jongin's shirt. 

Jongin clicks his tongue, shaking his head as he takes both their ice cream cones to deposit them into the trash can. He takes his tissue to try to clean his shirt before chucking that into the bin as well.

Taeoh is clinging to his hand, head pushed into his bicep as he hiccups uncontrollably, but Jongin picks him up to place him on his lap. The boy nuzzles into the side of Jongin's chest where the mess is minimum and he continues crying. 

"Shh," Jongin shushes the boy, who was a sticky mess. Well, Jongin himself happened to share the title as well- what with all the fluid all over him. 

"I'll get you another ice cream, son. Dad is sorry for messing your ice cream up." He says softly, pulling Taeoh away to look at him properly and wipe at his eyes. Taeoh starts shaking his head furiously, bottom lip trembling threateningly.

"No- Taeoh is sorry," He wipes his eye with the back of his hand, ice cream spreading over the area and Jongin cringes. "Taeoh is messy to dad. Taeoh need to be good boy and eat nice. Taeoh mess dad white shirt. Taeoh is sorry!" 

His words and slurred and mumbled incoherently but Jongin catches every single syllable, heart swelling uncontrollably as he smiles sadly at his son. They're clearly doing something right-

He doesn't know what to do so he hugs him. "It's okay, baby," He mumbles, patting the boy's head awkwardly without having to feel like he was a blob of sugar. "It's not your fault. So, stop crying, okay?" He says cheerfully, kissing the tip of Taeoh's nose. The boy smiles, tiny teeth showing through and eyes crinking into little crescents. 

Jongin continues rocking him, and the boy has his hands under his head- a sign that he was sleepy and wanted to take a nap so Jongin pulls him closer, humming softly as he rocked him to sleep.

By then, Kyungsoo is walking out of his college gates, and his eyes fall directly on Jongin and their son. It's such a sweet sight, the two of them in their own little bubble and Kyungsoo wonders if he should let them be as they are and not disturb them.

His friends seem to catch the sight too and there are comments passed about 'Jongin is such a great dad' and 'You're really lucky, Kyungsoo' and he really feels the same way as he excuses himself and makes his way to his boys- 

But as he's nearing, there's a strong scent of bubblegum ice cream- their son's favorite flavour, and the obvious coloring on Jongin's otherwise pristine white shirt.

And then it strikes him. 

It's only when he's standing in front of them does Jongin look up and smile helplessly at Kyungsoo- who himself cannot help but facepalm. "What's the mess about?" He questions, pointing at his shirt. 

Jongin sighs, "Long story." He mutters under his breath. It's a funny sight- briefcase and blazer on one side of Jongin, while he himself looked like a little unicorn.

Kyungsoo's ing his own flannel shirt and Jongin's eyes widen. "You don't have to do that!" He says alarmingly, afraid of anyone laying eyes on his Kyungsoo.

"Yes, you look disgusting." He reasons causally and Jongin flails in his head.

"It won't fit me!" He argues and Kyungsoo looks like he's so done with Jongin's when he replies-

"It's yours." 

It's only when he pulls the shirt apart does Jongin notice the t-shirt he's wearing underneath and his mouth makes an 'o' in understanding. Kyungsoo smiles, "Idiot." He chuckles under his breath causing Jongin to pout.

"Go on and change into this- I'll clean him up." Kyungsoo says and Jongin nods, giving Kyungsoo, who happened to be more professional at parenting, the sleeping boy while he himself stalked up to the in-campus bathroom.

 

When he does return, he sees Kyungsoo with two ice creams in his hands. Taeoh's head on his lap and his body resting on top of Jongin's briefcase and blazer. He's changed into a new set of clothes (So that's what Kyungsoo carries in his bag, Jongin thinks), sleeping soundly.

Jongin walks back glumly, taking the fresh ice cream from Kyungsoo and sits beside him.

"Peppermint chocolate chip, right?" Kyungsoo asks, at his own. Jongin nods. He looks over at their son who seems to be in deep sleep.

"Poor guy," He mumbles, taking a bite of his ice cream. "He wanted ice cream and I couldn't even do that properly." Jongin sighs. 

Kyungsoo frowns, "You did fine!" He says, pinching Jongin's side and causing him to flinch away. "You're always so hard on yourself. You're a great dad, okay?" Kyungsoo says, running his free hand through Jongin's hair. 

Jongin nods, mood still somewhat sour.

"And besides," Kyungsoo starts again, "This could be.." He comes closer, "Our date." A quick kiss to his jaw, right beside his mouth, and Jongin's somewhat surprised at the public display of affection. 

He smiles happily, putting his hand around his husband who rests his head on his chest. "We'll be fine," Kyungsoo says, hand securely on Taeoh's head and Jongin kisses his head. 

"We will." He replies.


A/N:

I'm a er for domestic!kaisoo
Especially Taeoh as their son. It's all so perfect, family like...
I hope you guys like this- I'm trying so hard to write something other than fluff but my brain throws cotton candy and rainbows at me every time i try to /).=

Please don't forget to upvote and of course, leave a comment if you liked reading this!

Until next time :D