red velvet

KaiSoo Confectionery

Red Velvet 

700+ words
fluff, pg-16 (mentions of ),
college au

-

It is late in the evening.

But for Jongin, eight o'clock isn't really late in general. It was usually the time he'd leave his room to meet up and hang out with friends, or just be walking in after football practice.

So today, as he lays in bed with Kyungsoo, both equally undressed, the latter’s head resting on his shoulder blade, there’s a million thoughts flashing through his mind. Kyungsoo seems to have absolutely no clue of this, instead blabbering about some Murakami book he happened to finish earlier that day.

“And so- this dude, Kafka,” he says, smooth voice effortlessly filling the room, “He’s bewitched by the Oedipus curse, or so he believes,” Kyungsoo is staring at the ceiling with excited eyes, hands waving about in enthusiasm as he tries to explain the plotline to Jongin. “But the thing is, he doesn’t know who his mother is. And he has a ty relationship with his father-“

Jongin zones out for two minutes, he hopes Kyungsoo won’t be offended.

To be specific, he and Kyungsoo don’t really have much of a thing going. What happened to be a one-night-stand, per se, turned into a few more stands and then the two couldn’t even get their hands off each other, making out and groping and grasping any chance that came to them to take that further.

It’s been three weeks since.

And Jongin is getting restless. There isn’t a thing he disliked about Kyungsoo- from his personality to his ability to jabber on and on, to his smile and his cuteness. The softness of his body to the plump of his , his thighs and the tiny sounds he makes when Jongin bites down-

Focus, Jongin, he mentally chastises himself. The last thing he’d want was to get an at this point. Anything about Kyungsoo literally drove him insane.

They’ve been flirting and playing around each other for a few days now, deliberately avoiding the topic but the more he thinks about it, the more Jongin wants to do something to change that.

He’s never really confessed his feelings for anyone in his entire life, he himself always being sought after-

There’s a first for everything, right?

“So you know the old man I was telling you about... oompf-” Kyungsoo’s rambling gets cut off mid-sentence by Jongin’s lips. He regains composure soon, though, kissing back- but letting Jongin lead. Jongin turns his head a little to change the angle, hand cupping Kyungsoo's cheek.

It’s soft and not hurried or overcome by ual desire so it takes Kyungsoo by surprise.

When they part, Jongin looks at him and there’s an unreadable expression on his face. Kyungsoo is mildly confused because usually Jongin just goes for round two, but he didn’t look like he wanted to…

“Kyungsoo,” Jongin says, eyes focused on him directly, lips thumbing his bottom lip. The smaller male hums in reply, eyes wide and curious and Jongin just wants to kiss him breathless.

“Do you want- err,” He corrects himself, “Go out with me?” He asks instead, wanting to sound more confident than he actually felt like.

Kyungsoo stares at him blankly and Jongin wonders what he might be thinking- everything seems so much quieter and more intense, his breathing, the gentle thumping of his heart, the noise outside their little coccoon.

Eventually when Kyungsooo speaks, there’s a soft blush across his face, his lips turning up in the sweetest smile Jongin has ever seen on the face of the earth

“Yeah,” He says finally and relief floods through Jongin. It feels like he’s finally returned to reality, surroundings returning to normal. He pulls Kyungsoo into a hug, overcome with joy and happiness and oh god, kyungsoo, you are so cute.

Jongin can’t stop smiling but looking at how the other male keeps burying his face in Jongin’s chest, it’s the same with Kyungsoo as well-

“I really like you, Soo…” He whispers into his hair only to get a ‘me too’ mumbled into his chest. They’re both acting like teenagers and it’s silly, really.

“Do you want to go out for ramyun?” Kyungsoo asks, smile still playing on his lips as he emerges from Jongin’s warmth, “I’m really hungry and it’s already dinner time.”

Jongin nods and leans down to kiss him again and again and again. 

Really though, he couldn’t have asked for someone better.


A/N:

For some reason AFF isn’t working properly for me…
Sorry for the late update, been trying to finish my other KaiSoo fics and well, just finished up with exams!

Also, you guys, I’m taking prompts =w= so if you want to help out, please do! I’d love to try out new stuff as you see I primarily focus on fluff.
Hope you liked this one too.
I was glad I reached 10 upvotes :3 Thank you guys!!

See ya soon!