milk chocolate

KaiSoo Confectionery

Milk Chocolate

1198 words
pg-13, fluff
friends to lovers
makeout session

-

It's their first date- well, not really a date. But close to one indeed.

Well, you see, they've been friends all their lives and have loved each other for the second half of it. It's never been an easy ride for either of them- with Jongin reeling in all the girls and boys the minute he reached puberty- 

And Kyungsoo trying to distract himself from Jongin whilst the other male screamed and threatened any girl and boy alike who even went close to his Kyungsoo.

So it all started from there and now here they are- sitting casually on Kyungsoo's bed as the latter scans through his laptop for a movie for both of them to watch. They've done this millions of times before but this would be the first where Jongin sits with his legs crossed, fidgeting.

With Kyungsoo blushing at their close proximity.

With the confession that took place only a day prior.

But then again- they're in Kyungsoo's room. Alone in the house. On his bed. I repeat- alone.

"There. Found it. Silver Linings Playbook." Kyungsoo taps the icon and fits it to the full screen- startling Jongin in the process. He jumps up to turn the lights off as Kyungsoo makes himself comfortable against the pillows they've stacked, placing the laptop in front of them.

Jongin joins him soon after, keeping a safe distance- with only the sides of their arms touching. He doesn't know how intimate to get with Kyungsoo when they've just turned from best friends to potential lovers.

Kyungsoo doesn't seem to mind, though (or maybe he does- Jongin just doesn't see), as he fixes his eyes glued to the screen as the movie comes on.

It's an awkward silence, really, which Jongin is fighting to break so he hums casually.

"Baekhyun suggested this?" He asks, trying to move closer and putting his arm around Kyungsoo who scoots into his side.

Both their faces are burning and red by now.

Kyungsoo hums in approval, "He said it's really good," He says softly, "Bradley Cooper is hot." 

It's just a silly comment but Jongin's eyes widen as he stares down at the other boy. "What do you mean he's hot?" He moves away from Kyungsoo, staring indignantly at him. 

Kyungsoo on the other hand, has no clue what he's done wrong until the next sentence-

"Hotter than me?" 

And Kyungsoo facepalms.

"Of course not, you dip!" He slaps Jongin's hand which was pointing to himself. "He's an actor! He's attractive!" 

Jongin has a look of relief and despair on his face- and oh god, Kyungsoo thinks, he's doing the puppy face.

Kyungsoo sighs. 

"Look- you're being stupid. Of course I like you as well," He mumbles, staring at the screen where the movie's already five minutes in.

Jongin follows his line of sight and looks at him again, "You find me hot, too, then?" He asks.

Kyungsoo's eyes turn into the size of saucers, not really expecting the question a single bit. "I guess?" He asks, looking away exasperated.

The answer seems to have delighted Jongin as he grins and rests back against the pillows, "Come here then!" His left arm has left adequate space for Kyungsoo to tuck into. Kyungsoo settles back as softly as possible and tries to concentrate more on the movie than on the boy who's got him wrapped up.

-

It's almost time for the end credits and Kyungsoo feels like crying because he's a er for movies like that. He doesn't, though, because he's strong.

(Baekhyun would beg to differ.)

"Are you crying?" Jongin asks, a bit taken aback, when he hears his boyfriend sniffle.

Kyungsoo shakes his head quickly, "No." It's stoic and robotic and Jongin grins because if he doesn't know his best friend, who else would?

It's endearing, really- there's no need for compromises or leaving good first impressions. They'd crossed the barriers ages ago and were beyond return. Somewhere along the lines of opening up to each other, leaving each other vulnerable and so very dependent on each other- they realised that the only way out was to be together. 

Jongin hugs him tighter, his lips ghosting over Kyungsoo's raven hair before leaving a soft kiss. Kyungsoo nuzzles into his embrace, an arm circling Jongin so as to get closer. Jongin smiles, nosing into the other's hair and oh my god-

That smelled ing glorious.

Kyungsoo probably found him sniffing his hair so he looks up with a small frown on his face. "Were you sniffing me?" 

The pink dusting across Jongin's cheeks and the expression which showcased complete denial of his actions was just too adorable. He sputters, his hand moving uselessly trying to defend whatever little dignity he had left.

"I did no-" 

But then he feels Kyungsoo's breath against his chin and boy, are they so very close.

He doesn't know who started it first or maybe it was simultaneous, but when their eyes met each other- a thousand unspoken words were said in that single moment. Kyungsoo raised his head by the fraction of a millimeter with Jongin tilting his to a bit on the side-

Their lips met in the most chaste and innocent way imaginable.

There were hundreds of fireworks bursting in Jongin's heart and Kyungsoo just felt like he was being eaten up by the sun because really- they'd not expected a single bit of it.

Their chapped lips slotted together, moving in such synchronisation- parting and joining as they sought for each other to hold in the blissed moment.

Jongin's palms held Kyungsoo's face in a manner which screamed don't go and Kyungsoo's arms around his neck just assured him that he wasn't intending to.

When they finally part for breath, it's a funny sight because their pupils are dilated and their lips glossy-

But they're insatiable as they lean in once more and kiss- Jongin probing gently for entrace against Kyungsoo's bottom lip. Kyungsoo obliges, opening his mouth for their tongues to glide. 

By now there's hands gripping and groping- moving along pale white skin while others clutched toned and built biceps. Somehow, Kyungsoo's managed to sit on Jongin's lap, a hand holding Jongin's bicep as the other ran through his hair- messing it up in the best way possible.

Their entire bodies are on fire from stimulation- their lungs are burning with lack of oxygen but no one was willing to part yet as Jongin pulled Kyungsoo closer to himself with arms steadily wrapped against the other's waist.

It was Kyungsoo who disconnected first. They did have to breathe eventually and realise their impulsive actions- eventually.

The look in Jongin's eyes is sinful- his entire face evolved into something Kyungsoo had never had the pleasure of seeing before. He runs a finger across well defined cheekbones- stopping to wipe at his glossed bottom lip.

Jongin just stares- stares into those deep, expressive eyes which look like they hold everything in the world as he raises his palms to cradle such a darling face. 

And their lips meet again- soft kisses exchanged with soft promises in between, promises of love and life and something sweeter that existed among only the two of them.


A/N:

As usual- experimenting.

Let me know what you think!
Comments are dearly loved- as are upvotes.

Thank you sweethearts <3