burnt butter

KaiSoo Confectionery

Burnt Butter

1168 words
pg-13, fluff
too much cheesiness

-

There's a dull thud in Kyungsoo's which keeps worsening by the second. He knits his eyebrows together to help him ward off the growing uneasiness at his temples; navigating through the crowd in search.

He meets a drunk Baekhyun in his way, who attempts to drag Kyungsoo to the dance floor- a request to which is politely declines but that really doesn't hinder the other from pulling him by the bicep, nearly dropping Kyungsoo down on the way.

"Oh god," Kyungsoo whispers to himself when he finally reaches the centre of the hall, the area everyone taken as their makeshift dance floor. He's torn between wanting to run away or to drown himself in some more beer so that he can distract his mind from the pain.

Baekhyun stops when they reach their group of friends- and lo and behold, he spots Jongin.

It's close to a magnetic field that makes him walk directly across the little dance circle and into the other male, hugging his waist and groaning out of relief when his forehead touches the others shoulder.

He feels Jongin's chest rumble with laughter before there are strong arms circling his own hip, swaying a little-

As much as they can with them nestled so close.

"Are you drunk?" Jongin's voice is ugh, so ing melodious to Kyungsoo at this point in time. 

He looks up and smiles, "Nope,"

Kisses Jongin's collarbone randomly, "Are you?"

Jongin shrugs, "Do you think so?"

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow, and Jongin chuckles, looking away and then back at his boyfriend again. "No, no. I'm not." There's a well earned grin from Kyungsoo- lips shaping into a perfect heart and all. 

He leans in for a kiss which Kyungsoo gladly gives, their lips gently pressing together for a simple kiss- 

However, there's a chorus of mixed ewws and awws and Kyungsoo breaks apart quickly to look behind and everyones staring at them- laughing, pointing- and so Kyungsoo blushes profusedly, flipping them off instantly and turning away from them.

He can hear Jongin shout a 'Shut up guys!' and there's the sound of a smile in his voice as well before there's those warm arms around his waist- completely where he wishes to be.

Although suddenly his world spins- everything in his line of sight fading for a second before resurfacing, his eyes watering up considerably. He turns around to see if anyone noticed but they're still busy talking about how Jongin and him are such public displayers of affection.

There's a hand tipping his chin upward. 

"What is it?" Jongin asks. There's a bit of a worried expression marring his features.

Kyungsoo shakes his head- "Oh, nothing, I think I need a drink." He lies. He's just about starting to have fun at the bachelors party and so is Jongin and he really doesn't want to worry him so that Jongin has to leave his fun and go home.

Jongin hums- "Okay, come," and he's being led by Jongin's strong grip as they navigate through the crowd and reach the bar. 

Instead of stopping, though, Jongin heads straight for the door and Kyungsoo has to tug on Jongin to stop him. 

"What?" He asks dumbly, "I wanted a drink." 

Jongin frowns, slightly irritated. "I know you forgot your meds today- and your lenses and now your astigmatism is playing up now." 

Settling his jacket, Kyungsoo shrugs, "I don't know what you're talking about." 

"Yeah, that's why you're staring at me like I'm a mile away." 

Kyungsoo slaps Jongin shoulder inspite of himself, annoyed at how the other is so capable of seeing through his lies. He looks at Jongin but the other is staring at him for a reply, his fingers still laced in Kyungsoo's.

Sighing, Kyungsoo admits defeat. "Okay, lets wait till Yifan's back at least." 

He knows Jongin is about to complain but Kyungsoo shushes him, pulling him to where the sofas are. "Jesus, Jongin. It's his bachelor party and you're the best man. It'll look bad if we leave just like that." 

He's still pouting and it's utterly ridiculous. "Fine, at least sit on my lap," He pats his legs and Kyungsoo smiles wide, scooting over so that he's sitting on Jongin's lap sideways, his legs over the side of lower part of his left thigh. Jongin pushes Kyungsoo's head toward him so that it rests against his chest and the two of them have to fidget in place a bit- settling themselves till they're comfortable.

When they are, though, Kyungsoo sighs happily, lacing a hand around Jongin's chest. He gives his jaw a kiss, easing the other's frown into somewhat of a grumpy expression.

"I'm fine, Jongin," The other hums. "Besides, we've never really cuddled at a party, sober and all."

"Where is Yifan?" Jongin grumbles, his eyebrows kitting together- which Kyungsoo eases out comically with his two fingers. "I wanna go home."

"Zitao was whining how he wasn't invited to his fiance's bachelor party." 

"Wha-" 

"Technically they are best friends-"

"But they're getting married! To each other! Situations are not same."

Kyungsoo is chuckling, "Well- it's their wedding," he tries to calm his lover down. "And s-so," Kyungsoo stutters, another waft of pain flowing through his head. He really shouldn't have overworked today inspite of forgetting his glasses.

Jongin sighs, "Sleep." He mutters, easing Kyungsoo into his neck and jacket- where Kyungsoo feels so small and spoiled but he loves every single bit of it. Inhaling his boyfriend's vanilla cologne, he closes his eyes and manages to find solace, amidst the noise and music- in Jongin.

-

It feels it's been hours when he finally wakes up, moving a bit to recollect where he's fallen asleep and Jongin is in the exact same position- however, currently checking his phone.

"Hey," he mumbles.

Jongin looks at him deeply, kissing the tip of his nose. "How are you feeling?" 

Kyungsoo smiles, "Better. How long has it been?" Jongin checks his phone for a second, "Forty minutes?" 

"Holy !" Kyungsoo shoots up, staring at Jongin, "You must be numb!" 

Jongin waves him away, getting up, "I'm fine. Now that you're up, lets go find Yifan and excuse ourselves." 

Kyungsoo pouts, "But it's our song," and it really is one of their favorites- slow and sweet, playing in the background. The lights get dimmed and the couples are making their way to the centre.

And well before Jongin can protest, Kyungsoo circles his hands around Jongin's neck, softly humming the words into Jongin's ears as he leads them to sway.

"I love you," Kyungsoo blurts out suddenly, face turning red soon after, when Jongin holds his hips steadily and starts guiding their little dance.

Jongin smiles, kissing his forehead. "I love you too. You mean the world to me, you know?"

And Kyungsoo is too dumbstruck to reply to he just whispers a small 'yeah', his voice cracking a bit.

And at that point in time, Kyungsoo lets his world disappear because with Jongin- nothing else mattered


A/N:

Fluff! As requested. 
Everyone loves overprotective Jongin, yes yes?

Comments and upvotes are highly appreciated!