Hello Seoul

Eighteenth

Hello Seoul

 
All the orphans were gathering on the stage room, It was loud and noisy as they keep talking about what will happen if they get chosen.
 
Baekhyun sees his brothers sitting on the middle section and joins them, sitting beside Tao.
 
"l'm getting nervous," Tao mutters, which Baekhyun heard then looks at his younger brother, "Why will you get nervous?"
 
"What if, I do get chosen then leave all of you behind, then I have to turn down the offer." Tao pouts after saying that, making Baekhyun laugh.
 
"You're not completely sure if you'll get chosen Tao," Baekhyun says smiling forming a rectangle with his lips.
 
Tao rolls his eyes at his brother then stays mute after.
 
So their sitting arrangement was like this;
 
 
KyungsooBaekhyunTaoXiuminSuho
 
 
A man which was the adoption's owner, stands on stage with his chin up, looking at all the orphans present in the event.
 
He grabs the microphone then clears his voice, sending vibration around the room, it made all orphans stop talking and obediently faces the owner.
 
"Hello my fellow children, so you have heard about the raffle, that's why we're all here today." 
 
"Let's get to the point," The owner calls a staff, as the staff pulls a box containing all of their forms.
 
"Are you ready, Children?"
 
"Yes!" Baekhyun stands up then screams along with other orphans.
 
"Hold your forms, and wait for your name to be called, if called, go on stage and we will give you what you deserve, a free scholarship to Seoul Integrated University!"
 
 
Everyone screams, jumping on their seats while getting excited.
 
"Let's start," the raffle box starts shaking, making all the orphans dead silent.
 
They all wish their names will be called, even starting to pray just to be chosen.
 
"Stop," the owner places his hand inside the box then gets one single ticket inside.
 
They still kept mum and waited for the owner to say the first winner.
 
*Drums Rolling*
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Im Nana!"
 
"Im Nana, please go on stage and claim your reward."
 
Nana was shock, also catching the eyes of Baekhyun in the process, Baekhyun smiles at her then mouths a 'congratulations!'.
 
Everyone claps their hands at their first winner, some even groaning because they haven't been chosen.
 
Nana feels her tears fall when they lend her the scholarship to SIU.
 
"Now, for our second grand winner," the owner inserts his hand in the box after being shook.
 
*Drums Rolling*
dum!
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
 
 
 
 
 
.
"Kim Junmyeon!"
 
Suho gasps at the call of his name, he feels like dying on the spot right now. He was sitting on the hot seat as all the orphans turn their heads just to look at him.
 
"Suho, Congratulations." Xiumin says smiling at his older brother.
 
"Kim Junmyeon, please step on the stage and claim what you deserve."
 
Everyone claps their hands as Suho shakily stands up.
 
'I'm not dreaming, this is all real.'
 
Suho claims his reward then looks at the scholarship, he wants to cry right now, but he keeps his poise.
 
"For our third grand winner!"
 
*Drums Rolling*
dum!
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Byun Baekhyun!"
 
Baekhyun squeals, his eyes starting to become teary.
 
'This is really happening to me.'
 
"Hyung, go up on stage." Tao pats his back, as Baekhyun took his time to stand up, before stepping on stage to claim his reward.
 
"Next, for the fourth grand winner!"
 
It keeps on going, Tao being the seventh and Xiumin being the nineth.
 
Kyungsoo shrugs on his seat, being the only brother that hasn't been called.
 
He waited, and he was hoping he'll be called.
 
He doesn't want to get seperated from his four younger brothers.
 
"For our last, lucky tenth winner,"
 
Silence.
 
*Drums Rolling*
dum!
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
dum!​
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
dum!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Do...."
 
 
Kyungsoo closes his eyes expecting his first name to be called after.
 
 
 
"Do Kwangsoo!"
 
 
 
Kyungsoo's inside started to slowly die. His brothers looks at their oldest hyung with worrying eyes.
 
 
 
Do Kwangsoo, the said winner stands up smiling and starts screaming that it was his lucky day. 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo looks at his brothers, he forced a smile at them, trying to hide away his sadness that was still obviously there. He stands up and turns to leave the room, the air there was suffocating. The game has just began yet it all over for Kyungsoo. Maybe the gods aren't with him in this day. 
 
'I'm not being overdramatic... Atleast trying not to...'
 
 
 
"Wait!"
 
 
 
Everyone stops clapping their hands then looks at the owner.
 
 
 
"I may have pronounce the name mistakingly, my deepest apologies."
 
Kwangsoo, who was about grab his scholarship, loses his smile. He was the one who was called first – not some guy who almost rhymed with his name. The owner says his apology to Kwangsoo. Kwangsoo, instead made a scowl on his face then runs off stage.
 
 
"The names says here is Do Kyungsoo. Please go on stage and claim your reward, congratulations!"
 
His brothers started cheering and calling out Kyungsoo's name. Kyungsoo didn't expect all of this, but he surely wanted this to happen. The boy was trying his best not to shake on his place. Everything was all coming to him at once, can't he have some to sync all that is happening?
 
"Hyung! Come back here!"
 
"Hyung! We're all going to SIU!"
 
"Hyung can you believe it!?"
 
"Hyung?"
 
Kyungsoo runs towards the stage, his brothers welcomed him with open arms. Kyungsoo hugs his brothers tighter, unable to keep his mixed emotions anymore. He starts sobbing, Suho patting the latter's back with a huge smile plastered on his face.
 
 
"We're all going to SIU..."
 
"Don't cry hyung! You're making Tao emotional!" Baekhyun points Tao who was already crying while hugging baekhyun tightly, almsot choking the boy.
 
"Do Kyungsoo?" the owner smiles at the crying boy.
 
"Here is your scholarship, my apologies for earlier."
 
"It's okay, I'm fine now." Kyungsoo grabs his certificate then hugs it close to his chest. The beating of his heart going faster each moment.
 
"Thankyou, thankyou so very much. This means a lot to me and my brothers."
 
The owner pats Kyungsoo's shoulder, "Don't thank me but thank Mrs. Kim for making this happen."
 
 

 
All the ten winners will be deporting to Seoul next week to move to their new dorms. They will enter the big city filled with acceptors and simply higher ups. And the receivers can't help but grow nervous on what will happen next.
 
"Are you ready? Dongsaengs?"
 
Suho looks at his bed, then his luggage neatly packed.
 
"I'm going to miss here, hyung. We've been living here since we were kids. This is the place that has a lot of our memories together."
 
Kyungsoo sighs and ruffles Tao's hair who was standing beside him.
 
"We just step into the next level of our lives. And this place will always serve as our home."
 
"Kyungsoo hyung is right," Xiumin responds.
 
"This is our chance to change how our lives run. So we shouldn't waste this opportunity," Kyungsoo glances at Tao And Baekhyun, "You dongsaengs should learn how to be independent. Seoul isn't a friendly places for your childishness."
 
Baekhyun smiles apologetically, "I'm sorry hyung if I'm not listening to you sometimes."
 
"I'm sorry too, Kyungsoo hyung." Tao says before giving Kyungsoo a quick hug.
 
"Are your luggages settled?" 
 
Suho checks the cabinet if they had left something, he finds a picture frame on the last drawer he opened.
 
"Hyung, what is that?"
 
Xiumin stands next to Suho and can't help but frown.
 
"Our... Family picture before our mother died." Suho wipes clean the frame with his thumb and can't help but be sad again, the feeling he always felt when he was still a child, longing for parents.
 
"I don't remember bringing this with us," he adds as he looks at his four brothers.
 
"I was the one who brought it," Kyungsoo admits, "It's the only thing our mother left to us, so I managed to keep it."
 
"Family picture?" Tao asks, he doesn't remember his mother anymore, yes he remembered he had a mother and died, but that was all. All the memories when he was still a toddler were blur and never will he remember.
 
He snatches the frame from Suho's hand then sets his eyes on the old picture.
 
"This is me," he sees a baby, which he recognizes as himself being carried by a woman, his mother.
 
"Mom is beautiful," Tao frowns, "But I don't remember much about her anymore. Why did mom died?"
 
It's been years since he wanted to ask that question but no one answered, they just knew their mom died, and that's it.
 
But there must be some reason why their mom died. She won't die without a reason.
 
"She... Our mom committed suicide." Kyungsoo admits, looking down.
 
"I haven't told you back then because you were all so young, and you won't understand what was happening, Mom killed herself, using a thick rope around her neck and hanged herself on the ceiling. I saw her, while I was going home with... Luhan."
 
The name itself was hard to pronounce in Kyungsoo's tongue. It's been years since he last mentioned that name.
 
"Who's Luhan again?" Tao asks. The name sounded so familiar, yet he doesn't remember exactly who Luhan is. He thinks hard, trying to remember Luhan.
 
"You... Forgot Luhan hyung?" Baekhyun asks Tao, his eyes evident of sadness. All the pain from the past coming back just like that.
 
"He's Luhan," Kyungsoo points at the little boy on the picture next to Kyungsoo when he was little.
 
"Why isn't he here? With us?"
 
"We don't know too, he just left one day and never came back."
 
"Oh," Tao suddenly remembers a boy, the picture was not clear in his mind, but he sees a boy coming back home at night, with one plastic bag in hand filled with food, while hugging his brothers.
 
 
"I wish I knew him, at the very least."
 
 

 
 
Seoul, the place these orphans thought it will be impossible to go to. It took them 8 hours to get them in Seoul and all of them were exhausted and drained even though they spend half the ride sleeping.
 
Tao steps out of the van and starts stretching his muscles, "Finally here!"
 
Baekhyun follows behind the youngest then adapts his surroundings, he thinks that maybe they went to another country rather than Korea by the looks of it.
 
Modern buildings, car noises, gardens, expensive cars, and everything around them. It was really new to them. They grew up in a peaceful town, far far away from Seoul. And the place is not that known. It has quiet villages and regular plain buildings. The only good thing about the place is their 5 star restaurants, where people from Seoul purposely goes besides the long time travelling. They should be getting used to it starting today.
 
"I can't believe I'm in Seoul," Xiumin says to himself.
 
"Let's go everyone," Mrs. Kim looks at all of the ten orphans, unaware of Mrs. Kim going in front of them.
 
Mrs. Kim guides them inside a building, the doors automatically opens by itself when Mrs. Kim approaches making the orphans be amazed for it was their first time seeing something like that.
 
They took the elevator next and when they reach the 7th floor, they stepped out.
 
"This is the place you will be staying while studying at SIU."
 
They can't believe they were staying in a place so modern and fancy—mostly expensive. 
 
They also noticed that it had ten rooms, exact for their number.
 
"I know you kids are amazed, and I'm happy about that. All your SIU uniforms are hanged in your wardrobes, You kids are exhausted from the long trip so better be resting! I will tour and teach all of you until you get used to living in Seoul."
 
They thank Mrs. Kim before the woman takes her leave.
 
They already have their personal keys given by Mrs. Kim, and a number was sticked to the small piece of metal.
 
"Room 61!" Baekhyun says before finding the number displayed on the wooden door.
 
"I found my room, goodbye guys!"
 
Baekhyun gives a yawn before disappearing in his room.
 
Right after Baekhyun disappears, one by one they go inside their assigned rooms. But one of doors creaked open.
 
A pair of dark orbs peaks through the slightly opened door.
 
 
'The coast is clear.'
 
Zitao sneaks out of his room, making sure everybody is inside their room. He takes the elevator, excitedly pushing the buttons like the lady earlier does it. Zitao was eagerly wanting to explore Seoul so much, that he can't wait any longer. Zitao was new to his surroundings, everything so grand and shiny. he was so busy gawking at the hotel's decorations that he accidentally hits someone. Someone who is obviously handsome and is one of the higher-ups. The tall man with blonde hair scowls at Zitao's direction. Tao only bow his head in embarassment. He can't look at the man's eyes. He was too ashamed.
 
"Why are trashes like you doing in Seoul?"
 
 
 
The man cocked up one eyebrow at the receiver. Zitao can clearly smell the acceptor's strong perfume from his place. Zitao, depite being tall, felt so small in front of the male.
 
"I'm so sorry, mister."
 
Zitao tries to walk away but man  tells him to stop.
 
"Next time, watch where you are going."
 
After said, the man walks away leaving Zitao dumbfounded.
 
Zitao's hand forms into a fist.
 
 
 
'I know he has money and power, but can't he atleast respect people?'
 
Tao goes back to his room with a frown. He holds the soft pillow and used it to cover his face. He screams out of frustration.
 
And the reason was...
 
 
 
 
'I didn't have the chance to go to the mall and search for gucci bags! Ugh! Damn that arrogant handsome guy!'
 
 
 
 

 


 

 
Sorry if I couldn't make Luhan show in this chapter, I promise I'll make him appear in the next chapter!
Where the orphans will finally go to school and stuff. My mind just doesn't work at this time I guess. Sorry if the chapter didn't reached your expectations. Thankyou for the 1.2k reads, this means a lot to me! I love you all!