Decisions

Eighteenth

 

Decisions

 


 

 
*~.*~.* 10 laters later *.~*.~*


 


 

A lone boy was sleeping on a double-deck bed, his arms both raised up as his mouth was slightly open. Sun rays of light enters the room from the opened window, allowing fresh air to come inside. 

"Baekhyun hyung!"

The door slammed open making Baekhyun fidget on his bed.

 "Tao, not now." Baekhyun flipped on the other side of the bed, covering his ears with his pillow trying to go back to sleep.

"Hyung! Kyungsoo hyung is looking for you, it's something important! He'll get mad with me if I come back without you."

Baekhyun ignored him as Tao pouts.

Tao walks closer to Baekhyun's sleeping figure, as he grips Baekhyun's legs then pulls it with all his strength, Baekhyun screams as his falls flat on the floor.

"Tao! You!" Baekhyun grumpily stands up as he runs after Tao, who was laughing with tears forming in the corner of his eyes. Baekhyun's face was so priceless along with his messy brown hair.

They ran across the halls. Tao apologizes to the people he accidentally hits in his way while Baekhyun didn't care how he currently looks, still running with his pajamas on.

Tao hits Suho who was carrying loads of notebooks as Tao laughs at him then continues to run away from Baekhyun. Suho groans as he looks at the notebooks on the floor, pages was flipped open and scattered.

"Tao! Come back here!"

Suho whines as he kneels down to pick up all the notebooks, when he was done, he carries the notebooks then starts walking again.

Baekhyun was running fast and hadn't see Suho in his way, and bumped into him with great force, the notebooks flies in the air as it falls on the floor once again. Suho groans, but this time louder with the tint of annoyance in his voice.

"Baekhyun! Pick up all of these or else!"

Before he turns to Baekhyun's way, he was long gone. Suho sees Baekhyun's running figure not from afar.

"Baekhyun! Aish!"

Suho angrily picks up all of the notebooks, which belongs to Tao's and Baekhyun's.

'I did their damn assignments, and this is how they repay me!?'

 


 

"Tao! Come back here!" 

Tao suppresses his laugh, Tao was giving Baekhyun his need of exercise since the boy didn't work out like Tao did. Baekhyun doesn't run much often nor exercises, so Tao was guessing Baekhyun was getting exhausted. 

Tao runs back to their room as he locks the door behind him fastly, Baekhyun follows then realises they just ran around the whole adoption center like foolish kids.


Baekhyun's legs were getting numb as he angrily slams his fists on the locked door, "Open this door Huang Zitao!"


He receives his brother's loud laughter echoing inside as an answer.

"You tricked me! Now my legs hurt! Aish!"

"You need to exercise sometimes, hyung!"

Baekhyun hears someone clearing his voice behind him, he turns around to see Kyungsoo giving him a look while tapping his foot, his arms crossed with his one eyebrow raised.

"Why didn't you showed up Baekhyun? And what are you doing outside with only your pajamas on?"

"Hyung! Tao won't open the door!"

"Step aside," Kyungsoo knocks on the door, "Open this door, Zitao. And stop laughing so loud, I can hear it all the way from the end of the hall!"

The door opens with a creak, Tao bows apologetically at Kyungsoo, "Sorry hyung. I tried calling Baekhyun hyung for you, but Baekhyun hyung is so lazy."

Baekhyun steps beside Tao and gives him a flick on his forehead, "I'm still pissed at you, Tao."

Tao smiles, "You should even thank me for being kind to give you a healthy exercise."

"You made me run 60 kilometers!" Baekhyun says annoyed at Tao.

"You're welcome," Tao smiles sweetly and did aegyo,Baekhyun pretends to puke.

"I'm still here, you two." 

Kyungsoo sits on the bed, "I saw Suho doing your home work again. I already told you two to stop giving your homeworks to someone else! You two need to learn how to be independent sometimes!"

The younger two pouts which Kyungsoo easily ignored, "Baekhyun, take a bath now. You smell awful."

Tao tries to stop himself from laughing as Baekhyun glares at the black haired boy. He stands up then heads to their small bathroom.

 


 


"Xiumin-ah," Victoria calls the chubby-cheeked boy who volunteered to clean the kitchen of the adoption center.

"Yes?" Xiumin replies, cleaning the dirty sink, after he finishes he washes his hands. 

"Did you hear? Mrs. Kim is choosing ten lucky people here to have a free scholarship to their school, Seoul Integrated University. I wish I can be chosen! I have always been dreaming to study there! They have beautiful uniforms and cute boys!"

Xiumin rolls his eyes at Victoria, "Is that all?"

Victoria forms a pout on her face, "All of students who study there are filthy rich, and I heard its so big there, ten times bigger than our school. Everyone envies the people who gets enrolled at SIU."

Xiumin was just a mere example of people who always envies the higherups, he washes his hands with a dry towel before exiting the kitchen with Victoria.

"I wish Mrs. Kim will choose me." 

"Yeah, me too. I guess," Xiumin replies, in a soft voice. 

 


 
A large banner was posted on the adoption center's bulletin board by the entrance, and all the high school orphans were crowding in front just to see the words written on the banner in bold.
 
 
Kyungsoo was heading back to his room, when he sees the commotion going on. He gets curious then slides inside the crowd without hassle. The benefits of being small and short.
 
 
A RAFFLE THAT WILL MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!
Only ten winners of the raffle will be given a chance to have free scholarship to Korea's high class international school, Seoul Integrated University. Everyone who is interested can join and fill the limited form at the office.
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND TRY, MAYBE LUCK IS ON YOUR SIDE.
-Kim Songhee, SIU's Director.
 
 
Kyungsoo wanted to be one of the lucky winners, it will be the best possible thing that can happen to his life. This opportunity will surely help him rise from the dumps and start being one of the higher ups, who low rank beings like Kyungsoo always envy.
 
He wasted no time then runs to the office to join the raffle, it wasn't bad to try. And it was worth a shot.
 
He happens to run with his four brothers in the process as they give each other looks.
 
"Are you joining the raffle too?" Suho asks Kyungsoo, which he nods in reply.
 
"I always wanted to wear SIU's uniform. They're daebak." Baekhyun says, he once heard that SIU's uniform was hand made and its fabric was imported from other countries.
 
"I want to feel how the higher up's live for once," Tao says smiling at the idea of himself buying gucci bags, which he had dreamed for so long.
 
Xiumin looks at all of them, but for him, SIU was his dream school, he wants to study advanced lessons and learn new things. 
 
Suho sees the office in eye sight as he stops talking. Many students were falling in line, and some were even cutting in line and threats others just to be next inside the office.
 
"Hyung, the line is so long, it will take forever to get a form." Baekhyun whines as he pouts.
 
Luckily, after waiting for 30 minutes, Kyungsoo was next. 
 
He simply fills the form before exiting the room, pumping his hand at his brothers and mouthing 'fighting!' at them.
 
Suho was next as he fills his form while smiling.
 
After finishing he calls Baekhyun next.
 
Then Tao, Xiumin was about to go in when he sees Victoria.
 
"Xiumin-ah! I want to be next!"
 
The man from the office goes outside while holding a single form in hand.
 
"We only have one form available," the man looks at Minseok who was caught off guard.
 
"Xiumin-ah! Please! This is my dream!" Victoria says, pleading the boy just to get the last form.
 
Xiumin looks at his brothers who was worrying for him.
 
"I..."
 
'Kim Minseok! Think! Decide!'
 
He looks at Victoria, 'But this is my dream. My opportunity to study in a high class international school. My brothers are waiting for me.'
 
Xiumin mouthed a 'sorry' as he fills the last form before walking towards his brothers only to be stopped by Victoria.
 
"You! I thought we were best friends! You betrayed me! You selfish !"
 
Xiumin was hurt, he and Victoria were friends since Xiumin was new at the center, and now, their friendship was slowly crumbling just because of the form that has the access to SIU. Xiumin thought Victoria will understand, that at least maybe, she was the least bit happy for him, but no.
 
"Don't talk to my brother like that! Victoria!"
 
Kyungsoo comes in between the two former 'best friends' then faces Victoria.
 
"You will have to go through me. Thus my brother had waited in line fair and square, he deserves to get the last form available, while you, you didn't even waited in line. You're the selfish always wanting anything to yourself, do you get me? You're just sad that you didn't join the raffle."
 
Victoria glares at Kyungsoo for a couple of seconds, not a few moments later, her eyes were becoming glassy.
 
"You! I hate you all! Especially you! Xiumin! Ugh!"
 
As Victoria runs away from the five brother's presence.
 
Xiumin only watches as Victoria slowly disappears, and never will she come back.
 
"Hyung, did I made the right decision?" Xiumin asks lowering his head to face the floor, he feels mixed emotions; sadness, guilt, and happiness.
 
He feels sad and guilty because Victoria had ended their long friendship yet feels happy for being the last person able to fill the form and has a chance to be chosen.
 
"Yes, you did, dongsaeng. So don't feel bad, Victoria deserves this because she's being selfish. If she's your true friend, she will accept this and be happy for you."
 
"Maybe, you're right. Thanks for standing up for me, Kyungsoo hyung."
 
"It's my job to protect you because I'm your older brother."
 
Xiumin smiles, looking up to Kyungsoo, then looks at the form in his hand.
 
A light yellow paper that has his information, the mere key to his dream.
 
The raffle will start in 5 hours prior and the five brothers only wishes,
 
'Chosen or not, at least, I tried, but I hope I win.'
 

 
A new chap just for you! Oh~ 
If you like the chapter please don't hesitate to comment and subscribe!
I love you all~