May 3rd, 2013

Scarlet

Nervously twiddling her thumbs, Minnie cautiously glided down the stairs, the tail of her dress trailing behind her.

 

 

Gayeon squealed with delight, scuttling across the foyer. "You look absolutely stunning," she fawned while Youngji fervently nodded her head in agreement.

 

 

Minnie blushed as she lowered her head in embarrassment, her dark, curled locks curtaining her flushed cheeks. "Do I really?"

 

 

The doorbell rang before her two friends could reassure her.

 

 

Minnie's breath rasped in , nibbling on her lower lip as Gayeon rushed over to open the door, revealing their three prom dates. Her attention focused solely on the boy slowly making his way towards her. A small smile graced her lips as her eyes ran up and down his stature.

 

 

He stopped before her, the crinkles around his eyes reappearing as he smiled at her. "Red, huh?" he commented, referring to the color of her dress.

 

 

She giggled, reaching out to reposition his red tie. "Yeah, red."

 

 

Youngjae reached up, lowering her hand as he interlaced his fingers through hers.

 

 

"Ready, Teeny?"

 

 

"My name is Minnie," she corrected, but nodded nonetheless, giving his hand a small squeeze.