August 17th, 2011

Scarlet

It was 7AM and the Yoo household was already up and about the house. For the first time in a very long time, they were going on a vacation for the summer. What was even more exciting for the family was the fact that they were traveling all the way to Jeju!

 

 

It was a much needed vacation for everyone.

 

 

They were finishing up packing the small little things when the doorbell rang.

 

 

"Hyung, can you get that?" Youngjae yelled from his room.

 

 

"You get it!" his older brother hollered back, busy with his own things.

 

 

Youngjae groaned before hastily closing his suitcase and flying down the stairs to open the door. "Who the heck would even be here at—"

 

 

A bright, pearly white smile greeted him from behind the door.

 

 

"Good morning!" chirped Minnie.

 

 

Youngjae's eyes rounded in surprise. "T-Teeny! What are you doing here? I thought you couldn't come because of academy?"

 

 

She flashed him another grin, inviting herself into the house. "Classes got canceled. Turns out my teacher is going into labor early," she shrugged, looking at the suitcases and bags strewn on the floor.

 

 

Mrs.Yoo popped her head out from the kitchen to welcome Minnie. "Morning, sweetheart! Glad you could make it!"

 

 

"Thanks for inviting me!"

 

 

Mrs.Yoo smiled at her before returning to the kitchen to finish packing snacks.

 

 

Youngjae stood there stupefied, not knowing what to say or how to feel.

 

 

"Have you finished packing yet?" asked Minnie, striking up a conversation.

 

 

Youngjae could only nod.

 

 

She smiled, payfully punching his arm. "Loosen up!"

 

 

After everyone was finished packing and the car was loaded, they headed off to the airport. It was a short flight to reach their destination and the two childhood friends spent the whole plane ride watching a movie.

 

 

The second they arrived at the oceanfront hotel, Minnie dropped everything and sprinted for the beach. 

 

 

Mr.Yoo laughed as the Yoo family watched her run. He patted Youngjae's back and said, "That's your cue, son."

 

 

Youngjae blushed before running after her.

 

 

Once he caught up to her, she suddenly spun around to face him. She grinned, grabbing his wrist.

 

 

"Come on!" she exclaimed and pulled him closer towards the water.

 

 

His eyes traveled down to stare at her hand grasping onto his wrist and blushed.

 

 

Her giggles and the feel of water underneath his sandals brought him back to reality. She had let go of him and was twirling and laughing in the water.

 

 

And in that moment, she was ethereal.