Saturday Afternoon

Because of Her

jung_kook_quote_by_phantom2409-d6omvr8.jpg

Saeron woke up and turned to the side to look at Hayi. It was almost Saturday Afternoon. She knew today would be her chance to get to know the guy who saved her from the bullies. She also felt nervous somehow. It's not like he properly asked her out on a date or anything it was just going to be a bunch of friends watching a movie she really wanted to see. She nudged her friend slightly.

"U-unnie. Wake up." She whispered softly to the older girl. Hayi turned a bit then opened her eyes to see Saeron.

"Oh? S-Saeronnie.. what's up?" She said with a yawn then sat up a bit to stretch.

"Erm...today is the day."

"EHHHHH??!!" This woke Hayi right up. She wanted to beautify her friend and make her look good for her afternoon 'hang out' with the BTS boys. She started panicking and immediately got out her make up kit, clothes, and accessories just so she could start helping Saeron get ready right away.

After completing Saeron's look for the day, Hayi finally sat down to relax. She looked at her creation in approval. She was satisfied to see her work displayed right in front of her. She held up a mirror to Saeron and Saeron couldn't believe what she saw. She saw a completely different person. She saw a beautiful, sophisticated, young lady right before her. She just couldn't believe it.

kim sae ron 2

"I-Is this really m-m-me?" She asked.

"Yep. This is Kim Saeron. A total babe." Hayi smiled. 

"Wow... Unnie. Th-thank you so much!!" She ran to hug her friend tight. "I look..stunning." She whispered. Hayi wasn't sure if Saeron was talking to her or just herself. 

"Unnie! Mom wants you to move the bike inside the garage!" Ahron called out to her. 

"Ehh? Alright. I'll be right down." Saeron then turned to look at her friend. "Thank you. I really mean it. Have fun with the others today okay? Promise you'll cover for me?" She batted her lashes to the older who just giggled and pet the younger's hair.

"I promise. Now go on. Have fun. Tell me all about it later!~" She squealed.

Saeron walked her friend out of the house and Hayi planned on walking home. Saeron saw the bike lying near the road side and picked it up slowly. She looked at the bike and smiled. She had a random flashback to when she first got the bike and had trouble riding it. Then when Ahron was born, she wanted to give it to her as a token of her love for her new little sister. Then she thought that later Ahron could pass it down to Yehron. She couldn't help but feel happy. She walked the bike back into the garage when she suddenly heard someone.

Time slowed down as Jungkook saw the pretty girl from afar. He meant to text her that the other members backed out last minute and that it would be just the two of them, but he didn't want to frighten her. He wanted to still hang out with her and get to know her even if it meant it would be like a first date with a really pretty girl. It made him nervous all over. He kept staring at her. She was absolutely beautiful in his eyes. She was beautiful even before she got all dressed up. His heart began to race as he slowly approached her.

"Saeron?" 

"Oh? Jungkook-ah? How did you find me here? Where're the others?" She looked around then looked at him wondering how this all happened. Jungkook wanted to answer all of them but as she stared up at him, he suddenly couldn't utter a single word. She made him speechless. He then came back to his senses to smile at her.

"Sorry. It's just..you look so beautiful." He finally spoke. Her cheeks turned bright red.

"R-really..? You think so?" She said shyly while brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. He coughed a bit to clear his throat then nodded shyly.

"Really. I do..and about the Hyungs, sorry they had to cancel last minute. If you don't mind it will be just us two.."

Jungkook bit his bottom lip and looked up at her nervously. He wanted her to say yes because he really wouldn't mind just being alone with her. Especially since they had an awkward first impression of each other. He wanted to make up for it. 

"Oh r-really?" On the inside, Saeron's heart was racing rapidly. She realized that she would be alone with the guy who she couldn't stop thinking about recently.

"I-if you don't mind.." Jungkook shyly looked at the ground and then rubbed his nape.

"S-sure. S-sounds fun." She smiled a bit and then looked up at him. He relaxed a bit more and then wanted to grab her hand but her little sister walked out.

"Unnie did you-" Ahron noticed her sister with a handsome guy and figured it was her date. She noticed they were alone and that there was something special happening between them. She smirked and leaned in the doorway. "Oh? Who's this?" She bowed slightly.

"O-oh. Uh. Ahron, this is Jungkook. J-Jungkook this is my little sister, Ahron." Saeron cleared then stepped back a little bit.

"Hi, sweetie. I'm Jungkook." He ruffled her hair and then smiled brightly. Ahron giggled.

"Ahron Unnie~ Saeron Unnie, Mom said-" Yehron the youngest came out of the house then saw her two older sisters with a handsome guy. Little Yehron blushed.

"Oh and that's the youngest, Yehron." Saeron clarified. Jungkook chuckled then walked over to grab Yehron by the hand as he got down on one knee then kissed her hand gently.

"Nice to meet you, Princess." He scrunched his nose as he smiled at her. Yehron's face was bright red and she couldn't move. Ahron and Saeron were laughing on the side since their little sister was starstruck by a handsome guy.

"A-a-aren't you J-J-Jungkook from BTS?" Yehron finally squealed out. Jungkook laughed and nodded his head.

"Yeah. I am. Are you an ARMY?" He had a proud dad smile and then pet her head. She nodded shyly.

"N-Neh. I like Taehyung Oppa.." She blushed even more. Jungkook chuckled and then pretended to be hurt by this.

"Eh? You like Hyung more than me?" He pouted playfully.

"B-but I like all of you as one!" She tried to cheer him up. He just ruffled her hair and grinned.

"Thanks, sweetheart. I was just messing with you." 

"I didn't know you were a fan, Yehron ah. Maybe with Saeron Unnie's help, you might get to meet Taehyung Oppa!" Ahron walked over to her little sister.

"Really????" Yehron turned to look at her older sister with pleading eyes. Saeron didn't want to get her little sister's hopes up. Saeron realized it was time for her to cut in.

"Well anyways, we have to go now. See you guys later." Saeron took Jungkook's hand without saying anything more and then started walking away with him. She was determined to leave the house so she could be alone with Jungkook.

They finally got far enough then Saeron looked up at Jungkook. Jungkook was also speechless as she was braver than him to hold her hand. They looked down at their connected hands then they made eye contact. Saeron's cheeks turned a soft shade of pink and so did Jungkook's. Just then they both let go of their hands shyly. Jungkook cleared his throat and tried to break the ice.

"You know I don't mind introducing V Hyung to your sister." He teased. Saeron relaxed a bit then laughed about the whole thing.

"Sorry. I just thought that I kinda wanted to hang out with just you. Like.. alone. Th-that way I can get to know you better." 

"Y-you want to be alone with me? Uh to uhm get to know me?"

"W-well yeah. I think you're pretty cool." She nudged him lightly and giggled. Jungkook had a goofy grin on his face.

"You do? W-well I think you're-"

"Oh! Look we better go get our tickets for the movie." She smiled and tugged on his arm to go get the tickets. He was going to compliment her back, but he knows that she really wants to see this movie. So he caved in and laughed a little to himself.

After they got popcorn and drinks, they headed inside their theater number and took a seat together. Saeron was feeling a bit nervous because she's secretly terrified by zombies, but she thought since it's an action movie it would be more fun for the guys to enjoy. However, they are alone by themselves and she wasn't sure how she could hold it in. The previews were on screen as the two just munched on popcorn and sipped their drinks. Then Saeron spoke up.

"Jungkook-ah. I'm curious about something." 

"What is it?" He sat up a bit and looked at her.

"Erm. What made you want to be an idol..?" She bit her lip nervously.

"Well ever since I was little, I knew I wanted to become a singer at least. It was thanks to G-dragon sunbaenim."

"You mean G-dragon from Big Bang?" She tilted her head. He nodded.

"Yeah. I loved Big Bang so much as a kid. In 7th grade, I had dreams of becoming a singer after listening to G-Dragon sunbaenim’s songs. Then in 8th grade, I got cast by Big Hit after leaving the Superstar K3 auditions and became a part of Bangtan. Thus I am now the maknae of BTS." He explained to her.

Her eyes seemed to sparkle a little as she was interested in everything he said. He gently laid his hand on top of hers and then smiled. She blushed again then realized she was staring too deeply at him. She shook it off and then giggled a bit.

"Sorry. I just find it all so fascinating."

"Haha. Thanks. Now, may I ask you a question?" He chuckled. She tilted her head and then nodded.

"Go for it!"

"What's it like being a normal teenager?" He leaned in a bit, interested to hear her response. She looked away for a bit then shrugged.

"There's not much to tell. It's pretty boring. At least you get to have a lot of fun." 

"I'm sure that's not true. At least you got to live a normal life. Paparazzi and fangirls don't follow you everywhere." He chuckled bitterly. Saeron felt bad a bit but she also felt jealous of him. 

"It's just that your life seems so spontaneous and interesting. Normal people don't get to be on TV or win awards for their music!" 

"Yeah, but I worked hard to get where I am. Everybody works hard."

"That's true...." She sulked a bit. He patted her head and then smiled.

"At least you get to make lots of normal friends and have fun with them whenever you want. Meanwhile, sometimes it's hard for me to hang out with friends or to know if they are true friends and not just using me for my fame." He squeezed her hand gently and then looked into her eyes. "When you guys partied, I gave up sleep for my dreams."

"Y-you did?" Her eyes widened. "I'm so sorry..."

"Hey, don't mention it. It's alright. Let's just enjoy the movie. Mm?" He smiled bravely then wrapped his arm around her shoulder. She sort of scooted closer to him and then nodded as the movie started.

They both reached down with their free hands to grab a handful of popcorn. As they were trying to get handfuls they both brushed their hands against each other. They both turned slightly red and looked up at each other. It was like everything around them disappeared and it was just the two of them. There were sparks flying everywhere.

Jungkook looked deeply into her eyes. It was as if he was getting lost in them. She was just so pretty he could barely hold himself back. He wanted to just say what was on his mind (which is her) but he didn't want to be stupid in front of her. Especially since he acts all awkward and goofy around girls he likes. Suddenly the zombies appeared on the train. Saeron squealed and then hid against Jungkook's chest. He was surprised then just caressed her hair and held her close.

When the movie had finished they got out of the theater and Jungkook suggested ice cream since she was still wiping her eyes from the tears of the ending of the movie. It made her cry when Gong Yoo was turning into a zombie to protect his daughter. She was so moved. Even Jungkook teared up a bit but he didn't want Saeron to know. So he helped calm her and wipe her tears.

"Whoa. That was such a good movie. I'm touched." She sniffed. Jungkook smiled at her and nodded.

"I agree. That was a really good movie." He chuckled and then grabbed the two ice cream cones. He held one out to her and smiled widely. She took hold of one and then smiled back.

"I had a really great time with you today." She her ice cream.

"Me too." He said softly but meaningfully. "We should really hang out more." He suggested.

"I would love to."

"Hey, maybe at school sometime you could hang with me and the Hyungs at break time?" 

"That sounds great..but I usually hang out with my friends during break. Maybe one day I'll join you. Promise." She held up her pinky with a smile plastered on her face. He laughed and then held up his pinky to link with hers.

"Remember, you promised." He winked. She nodded. "Well, it's getting late. It's almost dinner time. Want me to walk you home?" He held his arm out for her. She laughed then hooked arms with him.

"Why thank you, kind sir." She said playfully. He rolled his eyes then they left the ice cream shop to walk her back to her house.

Later, after walking for quite a while they finally reached the front steps of her house. They both didn't want to say goodbye but they both knew they had to. They just stood in front of each other in silence, not knowing how to end it all. Especially since they had such a great time.

"Well. I better get going. Tonight was wonderful. I'll never forget it." He ruffled her hair. She giggled and then fixed her hair.

"I feel the same. This was really fun. Thank you." Before Jungkook could reply. She stood on her tiptoes and then pecked his cheek gently. His face and ears were bright red. "Well, I'll text you. Goodnight." She smiled and then entered her house.

She waved at him as he snapped out of it and then waved back with a smile. She then closed the door. Jungkook just stood there for a while still in shock at the gentle kiss on the cheek. He placed his hand on his heart with wide eyes and felt it beating loudly for her. He was losing his mind. He couldn't stop thinking about her. A small smile crept onto his face then he walked back to his dorm. They both had a great time.


[A/N: Sorry the update took so long you guys. Hope you liked this chappie! Wait til next time to find out how her friends will handle finding out what happened that Saturday afternoon!~ Thank you for your motivation! Keep leaving comments to let me know your thoughts!]