It Can't Be Love

Because of Her

Image result for lee hi quotes

At school the next day, Saeron was acting a bit strange. She would stick her face into her book but she didn't look like she was reading. Then at the beginning of lunch break, Saeron was looking out the window and daydreaming when Hayi noticed her friend was acting suspiciously. Saeron seemed lost in thought. It was as if she were in her own little world. Saeron also had her earbuds in so there was no way she could hear her friend.

"What are you doing? Let's go." Hayi waved her hand in front of the latter to try and snap her back to reality. Then Saeron noticed Hayi. "Are you daydreaming again?" Saeron then took out an earbud.

"Oh? Unnie..." She said in a daze.

"Hey, what's wrong? You've been acting pretty strange today. Are you alright?" Hayi pressed her backhand against Saeron's forehead. Saeron crossed her eyes to look at Hayi's hands. 

"I'm fine. Really." Saeron thought about telling Hayi what her little sister told her last night, but then she wasn't sure if she was ready to talk about it. She herself wasn't even sure if she had feelings for Jungkook or not. It sort of seemed ridiculous so she didn't want to make a big deal out of nothing.

"Well, we are all heading up to the roof to eat lunch like we always do. Aren't you coming?" Hayi looked a bit concerned for her. "Everyone else left."

"Uh, yeah. Go on ahead. I'll catch up with you later." Saeron said still sounding as if she were in her own little world.

"Okay, if you insist." Hayi grabbed her backpack and then headed up to the roof. Saeron took the other earbud out and then gathered her lunch when a shadowy figure was blocking her sunlight. She looked up.

"Uhm, hey." 

"J-Jungkook-ah? W-what are you doing here?" Saeron's eyes widened. Jungkook rubbed his nape and laughed.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to startle you. I just wanted to stop by and give you something." He pulls out two movie tickets from his backpack and then holds them up to her.

"Eh??" Saeron takes one to look at it.

"Well, when we texted the other day you said you really wanted to see Train To Busan. The hyungs wanted to go see it as well. We had an extra ticket so I was wondering if you wanted to come with us tomorrow? A Saturday afternoon? That is if you aren't busy or something."

"Whoa. I'm touched. I heard Gong Yoo was in it. Sounds like a lot of fun!" Saeron smiled and got excited.

"Great! Is there somewhere you want to meet up so we can go together?"

"Oh. I'll text you my address and you can come to pick me up from there, is that okay?"

"Oh yeah. That's totally fine. I can't wait until Saturday." He grinned from ear to ear. It made Saeron just as happy and excited.

"Same here. Well, see ya!" 

Jungkook waved at her and left her classroom. She had the goofiest grin on her face. When other people saw her, they thought she was a fool. She honestly felt like a fool. Why was she so happy to go and see the movie she wanted to watch? Could it be she was happy that Jungkook was going to go see it with her? But BTS was going to be there as well, so it wasn't like they would be alone...

"Sae~ Are you alright?" Saeron was having lunch with her friends on the rooftop. She was smiling and dazing off this time. Moonbin was concerned and waved his hand in front of her face.

"Hm? O-oh yeah. I'm totally fine. Sorry."

"What's wrong with her?" He leaned in to whisper to Hayi. She whispered back.

"I don't know. She's been like this all day." Hayi shrugged. Moonbin pouted and watched Saeron.

"So, Saeron. Did you want to come with us Saturday afternoon? We are going bowling." Suhyun suggested.

"Sorry I have-" Saeron was cut off. 

"Oh. Can I bring a date?" Bobby pitched in. Everyone looked at him in disbelief. Especially Lee Hayi, who almost fainted.

"EHHHHH??? You are seeing someone??" They shouted. He just shrugged then rubbed his nape after.

"I recently met this girl who moved into my neighborhood. Why?" He looked at everyone clueless. Hayi stood up and then left.

"U-Unnie." Saeron was concerned and then chased after her friend. 

Hayi closed the door to the rooftop then crouched down and started crying into her hands. She couldn't bare to hear or think that he liked another girl. Her heart was breaking at the moment and she needed comfort. Saeron rubbed her back and hugged her close. Hayi's tears wouldn't stop flowing.

"S-sorry...I-"

"Shhh. Just let it out. Let everything off your chest." Saeron tried to comfort her. Just then Suhyun also appeared. She hugged Hayi as well.

"Hayi Unnie I'm so sorry about the Bobby thing..he's stupid for not wanting you. Let's say bad things about him so you'll feel better." Suhyun tried to encourage her. Hayi shook her head and sniffed.

"Bad things will happen if I'm being pessimistic, so I think positively about whatever I'm doing." She sniffled.

"You're such a brave girl Unnie. I'm proud of you." Saeron smiled and then hugged the latter tight. Suhyun wanted to join.

"We love you Hayi Unnie~ Group hug!" She joined in and hugged the both of them super tight. They all laughed a little and Saeron felt like she was closer to them and could trust them with her secret.

"D-do you guys mind if I ask you something?" Saeron looked at both of them. Hayi wiped her eyes into her sleeves then Suhyun and her both looked at their friend.

"You can tell us anything." Hayi insisted.

"Well, I-"

Just then the school bell rang. Lunch was over. Saeron kind of snapped back to realizing she shouldn't trust anyone. It's really nothing after all. It must be a sign. So they all grabbed their stuff and headed back to the classroom.

-After School-

Saeron told her friends that she and Hayi had to work on a project alone together. They were going to Saeron's house. So everyone gave them space with no questions asked. Saeron wanted to cheer her up. She felt the closest with Hayi. Suhyun was their friend too but she has never had a crush on anyone or dated someone so it was hard for her to relate to things. Saeron at least was experiencing something right now. So the two girls headed to Saeron's room and began talking.

Hayi was looking around Saeron's room with joy. She began squealing over almost every little thing in Saeron's room. Hayi was slightly jealous at how cute Saeron could be and she aspired to be like her. Maybe if Hayi was more of a cute character then Bobby would like her... She thought these things and yet she had to stand by her motto. No pessimistic thoughts. Then Saeron spoke up.

"Unnie..what I was going to say at lunch...can I tell you now?" Saeron scooted closer to Hayi. Hayi's attention was all on Saeron.

"Sure. Tell me anything. I'm here for you." 

"So during the night, we went to karaoke...I ran into BTS there. I even sang with them and had a lot of fun. The guy who saved me from being bullied was even there. J-Jungkook. We exchanged numbers and in the classroom earlier he asked me to go see the movie I want to see. He said BTS and him were going and they got an extra ticket. Then my little sister said something dumb. She thinks I'm in love...but I'm not. R-right?" Saeron looked up at Hayi nervously. Hayi wore a sly smile. 

"Wow. Well, what do you think Saeronie? Do you think you have feelings for him?" She teased a bit. Saeron quickly defended herself.

"N-no. It's all just a misunderstanding right?" Saeron panicked.

"Aigoo. Relax. You can be honest with me. I mean I already told you that I like Bobby..and look where I am." Hayi smiled weakly to comfort Saeron.

"S-sorry. I know it's tough for you, Unnie."

"Meh. It's alright. I'll get over it." She sighed. "But for you, I think there is hope. Maybe this Jungkook likes you." She smirked.

"EHHHHH?? Th-that would be impossible! He's an idol!! There's no way he would like someone like me." Saeron shook her head rapidly.

"Yah. Remember what I said earlier? No pessimistic thoughts."

"You're right Unnie. Sorry."

"Nah, it's alright. I understand. It really is hard to keep positive thoughts right? It's sometimes hard for me too. I got jealous earlier thinking you are way cuter than me and if I were as cute as you maybe Bobby would really like me." She pouted.

"Unnie! That's so not true! You have your own distinct charm! You're bubbly and positive and y and cute a-and small! I wish I could be short too~! You are literally the most amazing person I've ever met."

"R-really? You think so..?" Hayi blushed a little and looked at the latter with gratitude. Saeron smiled then hugged Hayi.

"Of course Unnie. You and Suhyun have become my good friends. Thank you." 

"Ayeee. This is what friends are for. I'm so happy I met you Saeron."

"Me too Unnie."

They continued hugging each other and laughing and complimenting each other. Then Saeron's mom called them down for dinner. Saeron said they would come in a minute but they still began to talk and stuff, so Ahron personally decided to drop by. She was curious as to what was taking them so long.

"What's taking so long?" She opened the door and saw her sister hugging her friend. "What's going on?"

"Oh. Ahron-ah. This is my best friend Hayi Unnie. You remember her right?"

"Neh. Hello Unnie." Ahron bowed politely.

"Awww hello sweetie."

"We were just talking about the boy thing.." Saeron coughed. Ahron jumped in excitedly.

"Oooooh. She likes him doesn't she??" Ahron asked Hayi. Hayi giggled.

"He might be the one to like her-" Hayi and Ahron squealed.

"N-no!!" Saeron counter-attacked.

"Omo! My sister is growing up!!" Ahron fake sniffed.

"Plus they are going to watch a movie tomorrow afternoon!" Hayi let out. Saeron scowled and then whined.

"Unnnnniiieeeeee."

"Oops sorry. I couldn't help it! It slipped!" She playfully said with some aegyo. Saeron pouted greatly.

"You guys are embarrassing me. It's not like anything is going to happen so don't go thinking up weird ideas!"

"Aigoo. Our Saeronnie is so shy!~ You've done so well." Hayi teased. This made Saeron flail her arms in embarrassment.

"I'm going to eat dinner now!" She huffed and then went downstairs trying to escape from her sister and her close friend. She didn't want things to get all weird between her and Jungkook, especially now since they are somewhat getting along. She wanted to keep hanging out with him. 

After dinner, Saeron asked her mom if Hayi could spend the night. She wanted to be with her friend even longer since they had lots to plan and sort out. Of course, Saeron's parents were all about the idea of their eldest daughter making new friends. She was their little angel who they always worried about. This is because before she moved to Seoul, she was so used to shutting people out and doing things her own way. Saeron's family found this glow around Saeron these days. She seems more lively and happy.