The New Girl

Because of Her

Image result for jungkook quote

The next day, Joohyuk's little fan club heard about how Joohyuk was stricken by the new female student. They already hated her so much. How dare she come in and try to steal their lovely sunbae. The leader of the fan club: Ahn Hyesun, and her two little minions: Nu Eunjin and Myong Narae, were already scheming something. They wanted the new girl to know who belongs to them. She was a measly new girl. She had no right to get with an upperclassman. Hyesun, Eunjin, and Narae felt that they had class compared to Saeron. As fan club leaders, they knew just how to put other girls in their place. Joohyuk belonged to everyone and not just a new girl.

Today in homeroom, it was announced that Saeron's class had gym class later. In this class, they would play dodgeball or basketball, depending on the mood of the teacher. Saeron was a bit nervous since it would be her first gym class at her new school. She didn't know how the class would be. Her friends reassured her and it put her mind a little at ease, knowing her friends would be with her. The girls decided to change into their uniforms first while the boys left the classroom. Saeron shyly began changing and talking to her friends. Hyesun, Eunjin, and Narae were keeping their eyes on Saeron.

"You are going to be fine! Don't be nervous Sae." Hayi encouraged.

"Unnie is right. Just relax." Suhyun added. 

"I know, I know. I'm just not sure what will happen today. Maybe it will be a good experience, maybe I will hate it. Who knows?"

The girls finished changing into their gym uniforms. They changed into tracksuits and then left the classroom so the guys could change next. The girls talked outside while they waited to head over to the gym. Saeron was feeling nervous but her friends helped her stand her ground. Soon enough, the boys finished changing and Bin and Bobby came out to greet their friends.

"Let's go!~" Bobby said excitedly while wrapping an arm around Suhyun and Hayi.

"Sae-ah. Are you okay?" Bin asked worriedly.

"I-I'll be fine..." She said trying to be strong.

Bin then grabbed her hand to help ease her nervousness. She looked at him blankly but then somehow relaxed to his touch. He was like one of the only people who could help calm her down. He gave her his famous eye smile. She couldn't help but smile back. They all headed off to the gym class where their teacher was waiting for them. The other class was using the other half of the gym to play basketball. Saeron caught a glimpse of Jungkook and gave him a small wave. His face lit up and he smiled with a wave back to her. Saeron's class had a male gym teacher and he was always excited about doing physical activity. Everyone else sort of groaned, as if doing something physical was torture. Jungkook's class had a female gym teacher who wanted them to have fun with basketball.

"Teach, do we have to participate?" Ahn Hyesun asked while checking her nails and then rolling her eyes.

"Oh come on, it's a good thing to exercise! Otherwise, you guys will be super overweight and unable to move!" The teacher encouraged. "In fact, why don't we play dodgeball today? The other class is playing basketball anyways."

Everyone groaned. Somehow they all complied with his wishes though. The teacher started splitting the class up into two teams. Luckily, Hyesun and her friends were on the same team. Bin and Bobby ended up on that team as well, unfortunately. Saeron had Hayi and Suhyun so she felt a bit more at ease. Once the teacher blew his whistle, the game began. Hyesun's team was doing pretty well. She loved bullying others so getting them out was a piece of cake. The guys on her team were good at throwing too.

Then her eyes landed on Saeron and her friends. They seemed so happy together and in their own little world, It pissed Hyesun off. She grabbed a ball from a male classmate on her team and then smirked while nodding to her friends. They seemed to snicker as they understood her plan. Hyesun gave the ball to her friend Narae. She threw the ball at Suhyun. Then Hyesun tossed another ball to her friend Eunjin. Eunjin threw the ball hard at Hayi. Saeron felt a wave of panic flow through her. She at doing anything physical. Saeron tried her best to stand behind a male classmate in order to save herself. He told her he would protect her.

Out of nowhere, Hyesun threw the ball so hard at him, that he accidentally bumped into Saeron. Saeron's nose quickly started to bleed. She covered her nose since she was shocked to see blood trickling down. Saeron glanced over to see if her friends noticed anything. Unfortunately, Saeron's friends were too occupied to notice what was happening. Jungkook was the only one who noticed her from across the room. He became extremely worried. In less than a second to process, Hyesun threw the ball right toward Saeron's face. Hyesun was furious.

"GET LOST B*TCH!!" 

The ball was inches away from Saeron's face. She closed her eyes wondering what would happen next, then all of a sudden she felt a shadow towering over her. She slowly peeked her eyes open to see Jungkook with his arms out wide, protecting Saeron from the ball. Saeron batted her eyes to process everything that just happened. Jungkook then turned to glare at the evil girls in Saeron's class. They looked annoyed and then rolled their eyes to pretend as if they didn't try to harm Saeron just now.

"Saeron-ah!!" Bin called out in concern as everyone has finally noticed Saeron. Her other friends looked at her with worry as well.

Jungkook wrapped his arm around Saeron's shoulder and then told the teacher he would walk her to the nurse's office. The teacher felt bad for not keeping an eye on her and granted Jungkook's wish to let him take her. Still in shock, Saeron ended up fainting in Jungkook's arms. He ended up carrying her bridal style as everyone in the gym saw. As they reached the office, the Nurse greeted them immediately. She saw the bloody nose and the fainted Saeron. She guided Jungkook to lay her down on the bed and asked him what happened,

Later, she opened her eyes to see the bright lights and a fan moving. She slowly sat up and was greeted by Jungkook who was dozing off in the chair next to her. It appeared to her that she had ended up in the nurse's office somehow. She looked around wondering where the nurse was and she felt a bloody towel drop onto her lap. Then she remembered everything that happened. She still didn't remember how she got to the nurse's office though...

"Saeron-ah...how are you feeling?" Jungkook woke up and yawned as he saw her awake too.

"Yeah...I feel a lot better. How did I get here though?" 

"Haha. Really? You don't remember? Aigoo, Did you injure your head too?" He chuckled. She pouted.

"Yah! I'm serious! How did I end up here??" She whined. He laughed again then decided to . He moved over to sit on her bed and he showed a toothy grin.

"It's a secret~" He leaned over to whisper in her ear. She blushed but also got annoyed with him for not telling her.

"Yah!! TELL ME!" She demanded. Just then, Jungkook got a buzz from his phone. He looked at it then looked back at her.

"I guess you'll have to figure out how you got here Sae. Seems like I'm needed elsewhere at the moment." He smiled again and then held her hand. "Tell ya what...how about you meet me after school today and I'll get ya some ice cream. Hm?"

"Oh? You sure you don't have plans with Nari today?"

"Nari had intense training at the company today. She didn't come to school. Why? Jealous again?" He .

"Pfft, you wish."

"Ohhh come on. I was only joking Sae~" He nudged her. She rolled her eyes and huffed.

"Hmph...fine...but you better tell me later on then!!"

"I promise. I will." They linked pinkies together to seal the deal.

"I'm just one person after all... I don't know why it's so hard to tell me..." She muttered under her breath. Jungkook stood at the door and smiled softly.

"Hey, Sae? To the world, you may be one person. But to one person, you may be the world."

On that note, Jungkook left the room. Saeron sat there pondering over why he was being so secretive and what did he mean by his last statement. She just couldn't wrap her head around the whole matter. Then someone came rushing into the nurse's office. Oddly enough, it was Joohyuk. He had a worried expression on his face.

"Saeron! Thank god you are okay!" He rushed over to hug her immediately. Her eyes went wide as he did so.

"Why are you here, sunbae?" She tilted her head as he pulled away.

"Ah. Sorry. One of my hoobaes in your class, texted me that the new girl got hit and I immediately thought it was you!" 

"Ah...I see. Thank you for worrying sunbae. I'm all better now." 

He placed his hand over her forehead and she was startled so she faintly blushed at his touch. He smiled warmly at her. Then he the top of her head gently. He was glad to know that she was completely fine and he worried for nothing. 

"Aigoo. That's what I'm here for. Now, do you need water or anything before I head back?"

"Oh no. I'm okay. Thank you. Sorry for troubling you..."

"No no! It wasn't a bother, I swear! I'm happy to help my hoobaes out. I gotta go now, but I'll see you tomorrow, alright?" He beamed another smile. She smiled back and nodded.

"See you later, sunbae."

After waiting a while Saeron checked the time and school was about to end. She heard the final bell and the nurse came by to check on Saeron. The nurse said she can go home. Saeron got out of bed and began to leave. Then, her friends showed up. Bin attacked her into a hug.

"Sae!!!!" He swayed her back and forth in his arms. The friends laughed.

"Alright Bin, don't hurt her!" Hayi said, practically prying him off of her.

"We were so worried! How are you??" Bin said.

"I'm fine. Don't worry!" She laughed it off. Seeing her smile and laugh made her friends feel at ease.

"Glad to see that you are okay, kiddo." Bobby added.

"Oh and we brought your things from homeroom!" Suhyun handed Saeron her backpack and her items.

"Omo! Thank you, guys!" She brought all her friends in for a group hug. "Aww, you guys are the best. Thanks again." 

"Cute." Bin chuckled. "How about we all go get some tteokbokki?" Everyone seemed to agree to that, except for Saeron.

"Ah... Actually, I think I am going to go home and rest today if that's okay..." She didn't want her friends to get hurt if she told them she was hanging out with Jungkook instead. So she thought it was best to tell a lie.

"Do you need us to walk you home?" Hayi offered.

"Ah! No thank you. My mom is picking me up. I will be just fine. You guys go enjoy without me, okay?" She smiled assuringly. 

Bin seemed the least satisfied with her reply. All the friends had to remind him that as friends they should accept her wishes even if they were super worried about her. They all bid her farewell and she put her backpack on to go and meet up with Jungkook. Jungkook, however, came to her and greeted her in the hallway.

"Ready to go?" He smiled and offered his arm to her. She linked hers with his and smiled with a nod.

"Ready."

 


 

Author's Note: Hey guys!! Sorry for not updating for a long long time. I was struggling a lot but now I will have more time to write because we are in quarantine...stay safe everyone! Happy reading!