Thinking

Because of Her

-The next day-

The gang met up at school and discussed going to a noraebang tonight. They agreed on it because they want to have a good spirit since they will be working on the Mid-term for a while. Saeron was reluctant to join at first but then she complied with her friends' wishes. She agreed and they all said to meet up after school.

"Oh! Saeron-ah! Over here!" Hayi was waving in her direction. They were waiting outside of the classroom. She smiled and then headed over to them.

"So, let's go?" Saeron giggled.

"Neh! Let's go to Noraebang!" Bobby wrapped his arms around Saeron's and Suhyun's shoulders as they walked. Saeron glanced at Hayi, who seemed lost in her own little world.

They arrived at the Karaoke place, The boys set up a room for them with a nice Ahjumma. She was very kind and friendly. As they all started walking to their room, Saeron looked back. She heard the door open behind them. Luckily she was the last among her friends and she saw a group of boys enter. They seemed to be popular with the workers. She squinted and realized who they really were. BTS. She saw Jungkook with the other members. She quickly looked away and then ran off to go to the room.

"Saeron. Are you okay?" Moonbin looked at her in concern. She shook it off and then nodded.

"Uh, neh! I'm fine. L-let's start!" She said in a state of panic. As she sat down and took her school blazer off, she heard voices outside the room. She figured BTS was being shown their room. She was slightly curious as to what they sounded like since they were professionals.

"Who wants to sing first?" Suhyun smiled and held the mic out. Everyone seemed shy. "Fine. If no one wants to go first then I'll go."

She put on a song she knew and stood in front of her friends. Everyone encouraged her. Saeron seemed to be out of it. Moonbin noticed and leaned down to whisper to her.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I j-just need to use the restroom." She got up and then left the room. As she closed the door she ran into someone. He was taller than her and was really handsome. He had a few drinks in his hand so he almost spilled them on her. She was lucky.

"Whoa there. Are you alright, Miss?" He looked at her worriedly. She bowed in apology.

"Ah! Sorry, I'm fine thanks. Are you okay, Sir?" She studied him. He laughed.

"Please. Call me Jin." He smiled at her. She smiled back.

"Sorry for almost crashing into you." She bowed again.

"Ayye, no worries. It was an accident. These things happen." He looked at her uniform. "Oh? We go to the same school! You go to Seoul High School of Performing Arts too?"

"Y-yeah."

"Whoa. I'm your Sunbae." He said proudly and grinned. She bowed more formally.

"Oh. Hello, sunbae." She greeted him with respect. He ruffled her hair and then chuckled.

"It's fine. No need to be so polite. Oh. Did you want to meet some other schoolmates?" He tilted his head.

"Well..."

She looked at the room with her friends in but he tugged on her arm before she could respond. She had no clue he was a part of BTS. He led her to the room his bandmates were in. She followed because he dragged her along. As they reached the room he opened the door for her.

"Guys, I brought a guest," Jin said as he entered. Everyone stared at the girl in nervousness yet happiness.

"WHOA. A GIRL." V said going up to her and poking her in the side. He seemed shocked. She was just as shocked as he was once she realized who they are.

"Hyung. We told you to get drinks, not kidnap a pretty girl." Rap Monster scolded.

"Hello, there pretty lady! I'm your hope, I'm your angel, J-hope here!" He saluted her and grinned from ear to ear. She stepped back a bit in disbelief.

"Don't mind everyone, despite their weirdness we are pretty cool." Suga told Saeron. She rubbed her nape.

"What's your name miss?" Jimin asked with a warm smile.

"Guys. Give her space." Jin scolded everyone.

Saeron scanned the room in search of finding that Jungkook guy. Apparently, he wasn't in the room. Maybe she still has a chance to head back to her friends. However, she felt it would be polite to introduce herself since everyone seemed to be her Sunbaes.

"Hello. I'm Kim Saeron. I'm a 2nd-year transfer student. Please look upon me favorably." She bowed.

"Gaaaah that's so cute!" Jimin fanboyed.

"Nice to meet you Saeron ssi." V added.

"Oh. What area are you focusing on at school Saeron-ah?" Jin asked.

"Is it singing?" Rap Monster asked. She shook her head.

"Maybe composing?" Suga wondered.

"No, I actually aspire to be an actress one day. Although I can kinda sing and dance.." She trailed off.

"Whoaaa! Hobi wants to see Saeron-ah dance~" He cheered. The others tried to attack him. Saeron laughed. They smiled like proud dad's at her laugh.

"Haha. It's okay. I guess I can stay and hang out for a little bit." She thought they were all very kind despite their bad-boy concepts on TV. They all cheered at her response.

"YAY!!~"

Just then Jungkook came back from the bathroom. He opened the door and was shocked to see Saeron with his hyungs. His eyes were wide with disbelief. He also felt nervous that she was in front of him.

"Y-you." He managed to say. Saeron's eyes were also wide.

"I-it's you." She said softly. The other members looked at each other in confusion.

"What's going on here?" Jin asked.

"H-hyung. This is the new girl that was being bullied." He said softly, trying not to embarrass Saeron.

"Oh really??" Jimin's mouth was wide open. 

"Th-thanks for saving me during that time." Saeron said shyly. Jungkook rubbed his nape in embarrassment then nodded.

"N-no problem."

"Well anyways, Kim Saeron here was just about to join us for some singing and dancing. She's your same-age friend so you two should be closer~" J-hope encouraged. Jungkook felt shy.

"Ah. Nice to officially meet you Saeron-ah." He said informally. She nodded and looked away.

"Uh yeah. It's nice to formally meet you too Jungkook-ah." She said back informally.

"Alright, you young-ins. Let's party now!!~" Suga said as he put his arm around both of their shoulders and led them to the couch.

"Saeron ssi, since you are our guest you should have the first pick." Jimin handed the mike to her.

"Here ya go kiddo." V smiled brightly. Saeron bowed her head a bit.

"Ah. Th-thank you."

She scrolled through the list nervously and then found a song she normally dances and sings to Russian Roulette by Red Velvet. As the other members watched what song she picked they became extremely excited. J-Hope and Jungkook especially. They liked dancing to girl group songs so they stood up too.

"Whoaaa. Go Kim Saeron!" They cheered.

"Saeron-ah. We will be your backup dancers." J-hope gave her a thumbs up. She nodded and smiled a bit. 

She was just too adorable for them. She kept looking at the other members and smiling as she sang and danced for them. She even glanced at J-hope and Jungkook for their in-synch backup dancing for her. She thought it was cool that they danced with her. After the song finished, they all cheered happily for her.

J-hope and Jungkook had lots of fun dancing with Saeron and performing for the other members. Saeron had to admit she had a lot of fun with them all. Then she remembered her friends might worry so she'll have to go back soon.

"Thank you." She gave the mike to Jin and then sat down again. "S-sorry, but I think I will have to head back soon. My friends might get worried." She told them. They all looked sad to see her leave. However Rap Monster thought of a clever idea.

"Wait! Before you go, how about you listen to Jungkook sing a song? Mm?" He grinned mischievously.

Jungkook's cheeks turned a bit pink. He was shy to sing in front of her but at the same time, he wanted to look cool in front of the pretty girl. She nodded.

"Alright. Just one song then." She waited patiently. Jungkook picked a song, then stood up again.

Jungkook looked even cooler to Saeron as he was singing an American song. The way he kept glancing at her as he sang. It kind of tugged at her heartstrings. She couldn't believe what just happened. His voice was so beautiful, she almost cried. Her heart even started beating a little fast. She was shocked to hear such a sound come from him. She remained in surprise for a little bit, then slowly came back to her senses.

"Whoa, you're a really good singer Jungkook-ah." She praised her same-age friend. He blushed slightly and smiled as he messed up his hair due to shyness.

"Oh really? Th-thank you. I am glad you liked it Saeron-ah."

"Well, I must be going now. It was nice meeting all of you and performing for you guys." She smiled and then bowed to them in gratitude they all waved and said their goodbyes to her. Jungkook decided to walk her back to her room.

"I hope we can hang out again sometime." He leaned against the wall and avoided eye contact. She nodded softly.

"Me too. I really like your friends. They are cool. I mean- you are cool too! I-" She became flustered. He laughed a little then ruffled her hair.

"It's okay. I understand."

"S-sorry." This time Saeron blushed a little. When Jungkook noticed he coughed a bit to hide the awkwardness.

"Oh hey. Do you mind if we exchange numbers? You know...in case we want to hang out again?" He said nonchalantly. Saeron smiled a bit and agreed.

"Oh sure. Here." She handed him her phone and he handed her his. They exchanged numbers successfully and then returned the phones. "You know, I was sort of wrong about you." She rubbed her nape shyly.

"Hm? What do you mean?" Jungkook was taken aback a little.

"I basically judged that you and your bandmates were stuck-up idols that only cared about themselves. I thought you were the worst among them, to be honest. S-sorry." She bowed a bit feeling guilty. He panicked a little.

"Eh?? N-no need to be sorry! It's okay! I mean sometimes we do have 'bad boy' concepts and I guess sometimes we can be a bit sassy or diva-ish, but we really are cool people." He defended. Saeron nodded.

"Well, now I know that. I'm glad we met and hung out a bit. It was fun." She beamed a little. Jungkook's heart jumped a little bit at her angelic smile. He ended up smiling foolishly.

"Well, I'll probably text you later. Goodnight, Saeron-ah." He waved to her as he was about to head off.

"Goodnight Jungkook-ah."

She went back into the room with a smile on her face. Her friends greeted her with happiness as well. She wanted to tell Hayi and Suhyun what happened, but at the same time, she wanted to keep it a secret. 

"Welcome back Sae~" Hayi cheered.

"Sorry. I wasn't gone for too long was I?" Saeron tried to play it off. Moonbin seemed glad that she was back.

"No, you weren't gone that long. Do you want to sing now?" He asked her. Saeron shook her head.

"Nah, I'm okay. Someone else should go."

"How about you sing Moonbin?" Bobby suggested, knowing it could boost his chance to impress Saeron. Moonbin accepted.

"Wow. Okay, let's go!" 

He picked out a song and decided to sing for everyone. He wanted to impress Saeron so he even decided to dance to the song. Everyone was cheering for him, even Saeron.

She seemed like she was having fun with her friends. However, in the back of her mind, she was thinking about Jungkook and BTS. They were actually better in person than her personal assumptions about them. It was like Saeron was in her own little world.

Moonbin finished his performance and everyone decided that they should probably head home since it was getting late. Saeron was dropped off first and she headed up to her room to do homework and study before school tomorrow. She looked at her phone and smiled softly remembering she exchanged numbers with Jungkook. Just then her younger sister Ahron entered her room.

"Unnie."

"Oh?" 

"Hm. There's something different about you. Yehron told me you seem happier these days." Ahron looked at her big sis suspiciously. Saeron became flustered.

"E-eh?? Me? No, I've always been this way.. ahaha." She tried to play it cool. Ahron approached her sister.

"Hm. I don't think so. Wait. Are you blushing right now??" Ahron studied her face and noticed her slightly pink cheeks.

"M-me?? N-no!~ That's ridiculous!" 

"Your cheeks are pink! Omo. You like someone don't you???" Ahron gasped.

"What??? No!! Not at all~"

"Don't lie! I'll tell mom if you don't tell me!"

"Yah! I don't even know what love is! How could I be in love??" 

"Oh. Well, why didn't you ask?"

Ahron sat on her big sister's bed and straightened out her skirt. She sat on her hands and swung her legs playfully while looking at the ground. At this point, Saeron put her pencil down and took her glasses off. She turned towards her little sister.

"Well?"

"So, you want to know what love is? I can tell you."

"Oh please. You are way too young to know what love is." Saeron rolled her eyes.

"Nuh-uh! I am an expert! I've dated boys at school. Plus I watch a lot of Korean Dramas! Pfft." Ahron pouted.

"Eh??? You've dated before? How? You are only in Middle School! You're like what 10 years old?" 

"Oh please. Don't be jealous. Yehron has even had a boyfriend before, and she's only 6!"

"Aigoo. What is this world coming to be..? Tsk tsk tsk."

"Look. The point is, I can help you understand what you are feeling. So tell me how you feel right now."

"W-well. All I know is that when this guy sang to me, he looked charismatic. It's as if his voice was only calling out to me. His words spoke to me. My heart began to beat a little faster. I was floating in my own little world."

"Hm. I see. Did this boy make you feel all tingly on the inside when you were near him?"

"N-no he...well..yes." Saeron started playing with her ponytail to hide the blush.

"Does he reoccur in your mind randomly?"

"Y-yes."

"Does your heart hurt when he isn't around?"

"So much..it feels like I could die."

"Dr. Ahron has her diagnosis."

"Aigoo. What?" Saeron rolled her eyes again.

"It must be L-O-V-E 200% sure of that." Ahron concluded as if she were really a doctor. Saeron's eyes grew wide at her sister's diagnosis.

"What?? No! You're wrong. It can't possibly be that." Saeron denied.

"I'm afraid you got bit by the love bug, sis." Ahron patted Saeron on the back as she stood up to leave.

"Aigoo, you are such a liar. There is no way, I could ever like someone like him. Haha. That's a good one sis."

"Suit yourself. They say that the first step is denial. Sooner or later you will come to accept my diagnosis. Well, goodnight Unnie." Ahron bowed and then left the room.

Saeron laughed hysterically to herself as she thought her little sister watches too many K-dramas. Besides, how could a 10-year-old be way more knowledgeable than she is? It is all impossible...or is it?


A/N: Thank you guys for waiting patiently for my update!! I hope you guys like this fairly long chapter! It seems like Saeron judged BTS and Jungkook too fast. Maybe she is going to realize that she could possibly have feelings for Jungkook. After all, he was the one to save her when she was bullied. Or maybe she will deny it until the very end. Stay tuned to find out! *blows kiss* Okay okay I'm not a commercial. Leave a comment letting me know what you thought about what happened in this update. I love hearing from you guys, and you guys motivate me to continue updating. With love, Jaerin143Cat. HAPPY READING! ♥