First Day

Because of Her

She was sitting in the car with her parents and her two little sisters: Ahron and Yeron. She honestly couldn't believe they were making her transfer. She's only 16 years old! It was her first day at her new school. She was starting her second year, and she was already regretting the move. Her eldest, younger sister Ahron, tugged on her shirt and looked at her with a pitiful smile. Saeron tried to be strong for her younger sisters and tried to wear a mask so no one could tell how she really feels.

"Unnie. Are you gonna be okay on your first day of school?" Ahron asked worriedly.

"Of course Ahron. I'm gonna be just fine." She smiled at the latter. She then ruffled Ahron's hair.

"Is it your second year of high school Sae Unnie?" Yeron wondered.

"Yes, it is Yeron-ah. Don't worry. Even if mom and dad have to move due to certain circumstances, we will all be the same. I promise." She smiled at her youngest sister.

"She's right girls. Your father is very sorry for this sudden move. However, he made the decision because he thinks it is best for all of us! Right yeobo?" She nudged Saeron's father enthusiastically, who was driving quietly, as always.

"Yes, dear." He responded without taking his eyes off the road.

Saeron looked out the window. She actually was feeling nervous about her new school. The school has already started so it will be awkward for her to make friends when they've already gotten to know one another. She sighed to herself then closed her eyes for a bit. She wanted time to just come to a halt. She was thinking everything was going so fast, but she wasn't ready for it all. She wanted to take a break and go back in time to her old school, with her old friends and teachers. Now she had to start all over and it was going to be a lot of work.

"You know dear, it won't be as bad as you think."

"Appa. I'm fine. Really."

"You're not regretting the move, are you?" He looked at her through the rearview mirror.

Saeron remained silent for a while. Was she actually regretting the move? Or was she just pitying herself because she will have to start over? She wasn't certain that either was the case so she just closed her eyes again to think.

"My daughter. Live your days without regret since you'll never get them back."

What her father just said, was ingrained in her mind. She could hear him say it over and over again in her head. She wondered what her father was really trying to say to her and then she just shrugged it off as they pulled up to her new school. There were a lot of students walking to the building with their groups of friends. Saeron became worried again but refused to show her little sisters.

"Aigoo. Our eldest daughter is already in her second year of High School. We are so proud of you sweetie! Go and show them your lovely self! Tell us all about it when you get home okay? We love you!" Her mom squealed as they parked the car for Saeron to get out.

"Bye, everyone. See you all later." She said monotonously and grabbed her backpack.

"Oh. Saeron-ah. Don't forget what I said. Okay?" Her father smiled at her and gave her a big cheesy wink. She nodded and recalled what her father told her then she waved them off as they went to drop her little sisters off at their new schools. She started heading towards the school by herself.

As she walked into the Registration Office to hand them her Official Transcript, the office ladies welcomed her sweetly. She bowed a full 90 degrees as a sign of respect than one office lady lead her to the Principal's Office. A middle-aged man greeted her with a firm handshake. She shook it then bowed another 90 degrees and introduced herself. He nodded as if he was expecting her (which he already was, since he didn't really have a choice.)

"Ah. Saeron ssi. Right?" He appeared to be a kind Uncle.

"Yes. Nice to meet you, Sir." She tucked a strand of hair behind her hair and gave him a weak smile.

"Everything seems to be in order. Are you excited about your first day? Ah. Let me get you an . He's our top student and he's in your class. That should help you." He patted her head gently. She just gave him a polite nod.

The Principal buzzed in his secretary to send the in. Saeron was already letting her mind wander off. She was in her own little world. She thought up multiple scenarios in her head but then her father's words re-entered her mind: "My daughter. Live your days without regret since you'll never get them back." She was brought back to the real world when the Principal called her name.

"Saeron-ah. This is..." He turned and let the boy speak.

"Hello. I'm Moon Bin. 17. It's a pleasure to meet you." He bowed 90 degrees which made her bow back in response.

"Oh. Hello. I'm Kim Saeron." She responded coolly.

"Ah yes. Moon Bin ssi. She is our new Transfer Student. Will you please be her today? Well until she gets the hang of this place?" The Principal tried to lift the mood.

Moon Bin smiled warmly and looked her right in the eyes. Moon Bin held out his arm for Saeron who just looked at him blankly. She just started walking ahead of him after she bowed to the Principal. Then he bowed to the Principal on their way out.

"Whoa. Slow down there, Princess. What's the hurry?" He chuckled as she kept walking ahead. She rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"Look. You don't have to me around. I'm fine on my own."

"Hm. I see. Then I guess you won't need my help finding your classroom then?" He , knowing she would need him.

"Fine." She growled in defeat and then caved in.

He took her hand and smiled. She shook her head at him but somehow felt better about her worries and negative thinking. Maybe what her father said was right. The less we regret things, the easier it becomes.

Moon Bin gave her an official tour of the school and she stayed silent the whole time. Moon Bin was really kind to her, despite her normal 'pushing people away' personality. He still seemed to want to be friends with her. She was grateful for him.

"Well. We made it. Classroom 2-A." He let go of her hand. She looked at him. "Sorry I can't take you inside. I'm the Class President so I have to deliver homework to the teachers. I hope you will be okay by yourself." He looked at her a bit worried. She nodded and then looked as if she was about to say something.

"Erm...Moon Bin ssi. T-thank you." She softened up a bit.

"Aigoo! You're so cute Saeron-ah!~" He fanboyed then pinched her cheeks. "No problem. Mind if I call you Sae?" He chuckled. "You can call me Bin. Or Bin Oppa. Whichever one you are comfy with." He ruffled her hair and then smiled brightly.

"Bin-ah." She said matter-of-factly.

"Haha. Okay then. Well, I'll see you when class starts hm? Don't worry. I'll be your first friend. Just come to me when you need something." He waved at her and then headed down the hallway. She waved back. 

She decided to walk to the water fountain near the bathrooms because she felt a bit parched with her nerves. She remembered that Bin had shown her where it was and she walked there confidently. When she finished she walked back to room 2-A. She passed by classroom 2-C and it seemed a random boy looked up at her when she walked by. It was as if time stopped for a moment and it was just the two of them. Then she quickly looked away due to embarrassment then headed back to her classroom.

Saeron took a deep breath and then entered her new homeroom. Everyone was talking about whatever their cliques had an interest in. One group of fangirls were talking about the latest K-pop stars and K-dramas. Another group of girls were adjusting their makeup and talking about girly things that Saeron didn't have much interest in. A group of jocks was talking about sports and all the girls that they like. While another group of boys were talking about the latest video games. There were several more groups that she noticed, but Saeron just wanted to sit in the empty seat in the middle of the room where no one was. She wanted to escape this crazy world, so she sat in that spot. She rested her head on the desk and escaped into her own little world.

Next thing she knew she felt a couple of shadows over her desk. She peeked one eye open and saw a bunch of girls surrounding her with evil smirks on their faces. She had no interest and sat up a bit. She started to read her textbook when the leader of the bunch, closed her book shut.

"Yah. You're the new b*tch in school. Right?" She leaned in a bit to bother Saeron who seemed unfazed. "Why don't you bark off? Hm?" She started barking at her.

Saeron just rolled her eyes at the other's incompetence. Then the rest of the class started to bark at her in an annoying way. Saeron had it. She couldn't hold back any longer. She got up and smacked the leader in the face with her textbook then started to push her. The rest of the girls in the group pulled Saeron back with her backpack and they pushed her around. Since Saeron was small it was hard for her to stand her ground. Everyone watched in awe then started to chant at the girls fighting. They finally managed to push Saeron onto the ground and then the door swung open.

"Omo!!!! It's Jungkook Oppa!!~" The fangirls in the class started squealing as a mysterious boy appeared in front of her.

"Get away from her!!" He exclaimed. The bullies backed off immediately and pushed the frail girl to the strong boy who held her in his arms. He looked at her softly and caressed her hair. Saeron recognized him and widened her eyes. It was the boy who looked at her when she was heading back to class. "Are you okay, Miss?" He seemed worried. 

"I'm fine." She replied flatly. She pushed him away and then stood up to dust herself off.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook." He smiled and stuck his hand out, waiting for her to shake it. She just looked at it and then rolled her eyes.

"Forget it." She turned away and then went to sit back down.

Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck, thinking he did something wrong. The fangirls ran up to him in excitement since he is from a K-pop idol group. He smiled weakly and waved at all of them for fan service, but all his attention was on Saeron. Suddenly, Moon Bin entered the classroom and saw Saeron alone. He was worried and rushed to her side.

"Sae! Are you okay? I heard some girls were picking on you. They didn't hurt you did they??" He panicked and checked her arms and legs for bruises.

"Y-Yah! I-I'm fine." Her cheeks flushed pink a bit when he seemed so concerned. She looked away to hide her emotions but he made her look at him.

"Aigoo. You're such a tough girl. You fought them all by yourself. Next time call me though. Okay?" He smiled brightly at her and then ruffled her hair again. Saeron smiled a bit at him because she felt like Bin was her first real friend. She snuck a glance at Jungkook, who seemed busy with the fangirls. Little did she know that he snuck a peek at her too. Then he decided to go back to his classroom.

"Okay." She turned back to Bin who sat next to her.

-School Bell Rings-

"Time for class to start." Bin handed her the textbook that she threw at the leader of the girls. She noticed that when the bell rang, everyone scurried to their assigned seats.

A tall, beautiful, young female teacher walked in. Of course, she got a few whistles from the boys in class. She was wearing her glasses and had her hair up in a ponytail. She looked professional yet easy to approach. She had this aura around her that seemed warm and friendly, even if she looks a bit strict. She reached her podium and everyone straightened up. Moon Bin stood up, since he was Class President, then told everyone to greet their teacher. They all greeted her with respect and she greeted everyone back.

"Ah. Morning class. Oh yeah! We have a new transfer student. Please welcome her with kindness." The teacher smiled and motioned for Saeron to come up to the front and introduce herself to the whole class. Moon Bin nudged her. She got up and headed to the front.

"Hello. I'm Kim Saeron. Transfer Student. Please look after me favorably." She bowed 90 degrees to the class and then looked at the teacher.

"Awww. Well, welcome to Class 2-A! We will have lots of fun this year. Please look forward to it." She smiled politely and then motioned for Saeron to sit back down.

After she introduced herself, she walked down the aisle and back to her seat. One of the bullies sat semi-close to her so she stuck her foot out and tripped Saeron. The teacher was facing the board, writing down the lesson so she couldn't help. The group of girls high-fived each other and laughed silently while pointing at Saeron. She glared at all of them and then saw a hand in front of her face for help. It was Moon Bin. He held out his hand for her and smiled warmly. The group of girls scoffed and then turned away. She held his hand as he pulled her up onto her seat. She was kind of glad that she didn't completely push Moon Bin away. He came in handy sometimes.

Time passed quickly and many lessons have finished. It was finally time for the lunch break. Even though Saeron spaced out during most of the lectures, she managed to get worried. What if Moon Bin had to leave a second time? Wouldn't she be bullied again? She laid her head down on the desk and was facing Bin. He noticed her resting after he put his textbooks in his backpack. He saw that the sun was beaming down on her face, and it made his heart race. She looked so angelic in his eyes. He doesn't know anything about her, yet she already captured his attention. He lifted up his hand to block the sun away from her face. She moved a bit and it startled him. She was shaded enough and Moon Bin whispered to himself.

"Because of you, I'm like this."

Moon Bin's friends decided to gather around him and chat with him when suddenly Saeron woke up. She fluttered her eyes open and saw Moon Bin with all his friends. She sort of felt shy and left out, but she managed to suppress her emotions again.

"Ah. Saesae! Meet my friends!" Bin greeted her with his warm smile again. His friends waved at her. There were two girls and a guy.

"Hi, there~ I'm Lee Hayi. 17. It's a pleasure to meet you." The bubbly, petite girl said.

"H-Hi. I'm Lee S-Suhyun...Just turned 17." The shy, quiet girl managed to say.

"Aye. Wassup? I'm Kim Jiwon, but I want everyone to call me Bobby. 17. I studied abroad in the States."

"Um. Nice to meet all of you." Saeron said awkwardly.

"Moon Bin is right. She's pretty cool." Bobby smiled at her.

"Don't mind them. We were gonna go eat our lunch on the roof. Why don't you come with us?" Bin held out his hand for her to grab. She got used to his weirdness and held it as he lifted her up onto her feet.

"Sure let's go."

They reached the roof and took out their lunch boxes. Everyone became fascinated with Saeron's lunch. Her mom packed it and she's a really good cook.

"Whoooaa. Your lunch looks really cool!" Bobby said staring at it. He leaned in then Saeron giggled a bit. She handed him some.

"Here. You guys can have some." Saeron offered.

"Really?! Thanks!" Bobby dug in. The two girls also thanked her and dug in as well.

"Saesae. Ahhh!~" Bin leaned into her and opened his mouth, wanting her to feed him.

"Aigoo." She rolled her eyes and then stuffed his face with some food. He grinned widely and ate happily. Everyone else just laughed.

"So. Saeron ssi. You should tell us more about yourself. You're pretty cool to hang out with. I hope we can be friends." Hayi suggested.

"Me..? Really? Hm. Thanks. Let's see...Well, I have two younger sisters, Ahron and Yeron. My dad made our family transfer here to Seoul because of his job. He's a Doctor. Oh, and my mom owns a bakery. Somehow they opened it up over here before our big move."

"Wow. I-I have an older brother, so I know what it's like to have siblings." Suhyun smiled.

"I have an older sister." Hayi assured.

"I have an older brother." Bobby laughed. They all turned to look at Moon Bin who rubbed his nape.

"Yeah. I have a younger sister."

"We all have siblings. Cool." Saeron genuinely smiled a bit. She seemed to be enjoying herself with her newfound friends.

-School Bell Rings-

"Time to go back to class." Bin said. Everyone groaned as they decided to walk back to class together. They all seemed to like Saeron and wanted to honestly be her friend. Even though she didn't show it, she was really happy that she met all of them.

-School Ends-

"Attention. Everyone greet your teacher." Bin directed everyone to say goodbye.

"Goodbye, Ms. Jung." The class bowed.

"See you all tomorrow!~" She smiled and then walked out of the classroom.

Saeron did it. She completed her first official day of school. She couldn't wait to go home and tell her family all about it. She liked her new friends then she remembered something, the boy that saved her earlier. Why did his face still flash through her mind? It was so random and sudden. How did he know when to save her?

"Oh. Saeron ssi. Do you want to come with us? Today we are going to head over to the ice cream parlor nearby. Let's get some ice cream together!" Suhyun said enthusiastically. Everyone nodded in agreement. They liked hanging out with her and wanted to play with her a bit more.

"Sure. Let me text my parents first."

She got out her phone and started texting her mom. She told her she was going to get some ice cream with her new friends at school. Just as assumed, her mom was all for it. So, Saeron collected her things and headed out the door with them.

"Saeron ssi. Do you have anyone at school that you are interested in?" Hayi nudged her playfully. Hayi and Suhyun linked arms with Saeron as they walked together.

"Give her a break Unnie! She just got here!~" Suhyun counter-attacked.

"Haha. It's fine. Um no not really." Saeron answered. However, she had another flashback of that Jungkook guy who saved her. Then she immediately shook it out of her head. "What about you Hayi ssi?"

Hayi blushed and remained silent. She stole glances at Bobby who was walking ahead with Moon Bin. Saeron put two and two together. She realized that Hayi had feelings for Bobby. Maybe the two were an item? Or maybe it was a one-sided crush? Either way, Saeron admired the other for managing to still be friends with him.

"Ahhh. I see." Saeron smiled and then winked at Hayi.

"Oh look. It's here!" Suhyun pointed at the ice cream parlor.

"After you ladies." Bobby held the door open for the girls.

"Thanks, Oppa." Suhyun said.

"Thanks, Bobby ssi." Saeron said.

"T-thanks." Hayi said shyly while avoiding eye contact.

"No problem." He smiled warmly and then ruffled Hayi's hair.

Bin just laughed and opened the door for himself. The girls seemed to be in heaven with all the sweets that were displayed in the shop. After all, it was practically every girl's dream, 'sweets beyond imaginable.' Bobby wrapped his arm around Hayi and Suhyun since he was more familiar with them. Saeron could tell that Hayi was probably screaming on the inside. This made Saeron respect Hayi even more because it seemed like Hayi suppressed her emotions as well.

"Order anything you want, ladies. Bin and I will take care of it." Bobby said with a huge grin. The girls were quite excited by it.

"Whoa! Oppa is the best!" Suhyun gave him thumbs up.

"Th-thanks." Hayi muttered.

"That's very kind of both of you." Saeron thanked both Bin and Bobby.

"Aye. This is what friends are for. Right guys?" Bin looked at everyone. They nodded in agreement.

"Don't sweat it. We are used to it anyways." Bobby chuckled.

As the girls picked what they wanted to eat, the boys were a couple of feet away and they started to chat. Bobby noticed that Bin was being strange so he wanted to talk more about it. Bobby questioned the other and Bin just tried to change the subject. Although, Bobby pretty much solved it. He kept looking at how Bin would often sneak glances at Saeron. That made Bobby realize that he has a strong interest in this girl. It was the first time Bobby had ever seen his pal like this. Bobby just knew. So he patted Bin's back and grinned widely. Of course, Bin didn't catch on that Bobby knew, but Bobby wants to keep it that way.

The girls got their ice cream after Bobby and Bin paid. Then they all went to sit down at the booth. The girls started talking about their uniforms and standard school things. From afar, Bin kept eyeing her but trying to keep his cool. He didn't want her to think he was coming on too strong, especially since she just moved in.

"Whoooaaa~~ Ice cream!" Suddenly, a group of boys walked into the parlor.

 



[A/N: I hope you enjoyed the story so far! Please leave comments and let me know what you think so far! Fighting! Btw down below is pictures of Saeron and her actual younger sisters: Ahron and Yeron. Happy reading!]