nine

just one day (bts jungkook christmas special)

"are you serious? do you guys really eat bingsu like this? no offense but this is really gross. ewww", my face scrunch up in a look of disgust.

as i was busy complaining, jungkook placed the hat of fishes that we've caught earlier on down to reserve a table and grabbed two bowls from the booth before standing right next to me. 

"it's not gross. it's just nature's gift to us humans", he emphasized as he handed one to me and showed me how it should be done proper. 

raising his bowl up into the air, jungkook allowed the snowflakes to slowly fall into it, until they filled up all the way up to its brim. 

"caught that?", he asked but disappointed by the fact that this was the type of bingsu he was referring to, i folded my arms across my chest and pouted. 

as we were at a marketplace, the footpaths were crowded with stalls selling sacks of nuts and dried fruits, or meat roasting on roasting skewers. rich and unfamiliar scents cut through the smell of engines, so heavy that i could taste them in my mouth that now, everything else became more interesting other than this dirty bingsu he's getting me to try. 

attempting to get me to simmer down, jungkook poked his finger into my dimple and gave a soft chuckle, making me blush but not yet cooled down. it was only until a little voice who spoke to me caught my attention,

"noona, why aren't you trying? it's really fun and more to more, it's delicious,"

standing beside me, there was this cute little chubby boy who looks like theodore from alvin and the chipmunks. time after time, he would take notice of my disgusted look and make face with jungkook who was on the other side. very well, i could tell that they were in cahoots with the plan of trying to convince me to give their bingsu there a chance and so, when i  finally rolled my eyes and let out a groan, the two of them had their eyes almost bulging out at me.

"noona?"
"haeri-ssi?"

both of them uttered in synchrony. 

flinging my hair, i gave them a warning glare, 

"stop staring. i give up alright? i try, but cowboys, this better be good,"

having said that, their eyes sparkled under the sunlight whilst unwillingly, i lifted my bowl up and waited for the snow to pile up in it. after doing so, the little boy giggled, gave jungkook a wink and did a little hi-five dance with him, before then, i got dragged away to the small booth.

"halmeoni, i would like mine to be chocolate banana flavoured, and as for this young lady, make it a strawberry cheesecake bingsu", jungkook peeked over the booth and handed our bowls to the old granny who was working hard on it at the back. 

then, leading me back to our table, he said, 

"trust me. you wouldn't regret this. and don't fret. you ain't pretty like this,"

jungkook placed the tip of his index finger on my temples and gently massaging it, he kept smiling nonstop at me until the granny announced that our orders were ready. running to fetch them, jungkook returned with a tray shortly after and placing my bowl before my eyes, he gestured for me to start tucking in. 

"ppalli meogeo,"

however, sensing my reluctance still, he gave a sigh before he brought up his spoon, scoop a bit of it off from his bowl and presented it in front of my mouth. 

"say ahhhhh,"

i shook my head at him desperately. 

"come on haeri, before i kiss you in public", he turned into a beast mode all of a sudden and finally giving in to him, i leaned forward and opened up my mouth shyly. 

to my surprise, his chocolate banana bingsu tasted more like melted belgian truffle than the stuff any other cafe serves. it's dark, rich and it coats my tongue thickly before flowing down my throat. for a few moment, i was totally drowned in the taste and it was only when i felt jungkook's hand brushing against my lips that i snapped out of it. 

"you're such a messy eater for a girl. tsk tsk", jungkook wiped the stains off from the corners of my lips. then, he narrowed his eyes at me and waving his finger, he continued on to tease me while shaking his head. 

"yah cowboy", i stood up from my seat, overwhelmed with embarrassment and immediately, i lunged forward to pinch jungkook's cheeks. 

he started whining in pain but despite so, we eventually broke into fits of laughter at our own childish acts. 

"excuse me~ excuse me~", a voice suddenly sounded and turning cautious of my own behaviour, i stopped to look around. but everybody else seems to be in their own world and immediately, it occurred to be weird for me that i've heard a voice. 

however, turning back to face jungkook, i saw that he has his ice cream phone placed against his ear now and i lip-read what he was trying to tell me,

"sorry, it's actually my phone ringing,"

he was trying to get that message through to me. but as he went on further into the conversation, i noticed how his expressions slowly moulded and then, finally looking up at me, he said in a low voice,

"haeri-ssi, it's jimin,"