one

just one day (bts jungkook christmas special)

park haeri

24 december 2015, 0900 hrs

haeri: yah park jimin

haeri: where are you

haeri: wtf am I doing alone here 

haeri: answer me

haeri: does bread and jam take you thattt long

haeri: right

haeri: i forgot

haeri: you will never get those jams

haeri: lol but im pissed still

haeri: im telling ya

haeri: youve only got 5mins more 

haeri: if youre not back by then 

haeri: i swear imma goin to smack that booty of yourssss

shivering in the cold, i vigorously punch in the last few sentences before quickly chucking my phone back into my pocket. then, ping the side pocket of my winter coat, i retrieve my gloves and wear them over my cold hands. still, teeth chatter and the cold seeps into my gloves, numbing my fingers until they cease to bend properly, stiffened and frigid. 

"jiminiepabo", i scoffed while dragging my feet to trudge along the pathway.

park jimin. first, allow me to do a short introduction of him. ever since i was born, he has been my next door neighbour and also, my bff. it's funny as to how people will always misunderstand us as twins due to the same age, surname and birthday we share but standing tall? at 175cm, jimin obviously took the liberty as a older brother. taking this advantage, he would often boss me around just like the night before - how he managed to drag me away to be on a camp with him. i couldn't help but sigh at that thought.

knowing jimin, we all can guess that the camp didn't exactly go as smoothly as planned. in the middle of the night, we were forced to pack up due to the heavy snow and therefore, have been driving out for the past few hours to get out of this place. 

being hungry and all, jimin then suggested to drop me off here as a rest station while he head out to look for some food in our rental car. however, i check the time on my watch once again. 

two hours have passed since he left me here and scoffing grumpily, i kick the snow that has piled up along the pavement overnight. my growling stomach and the howling wind aren't helping at all and thus, along the way, I would find myself using cuss words on jimin.

winter trees lined the avenue and my breath rises in visible puffs to join the sky. for each and every step i took, there is this freezing chill in the air that brings crispness to the dried leaves, bejewelled with frost that crunch underfoot. rosy cheeked, i stamp to keep warm, pulling the woollen hat over my reddened ears and tightening the scarf over my blue-tinged lips. 

as i walk further down the path, the illuminated sign on a bus suddenly appears, trundling slowly down the icy road and i raise my arm immediately to hail it. moments later, the bus stopped just a few meters away from me and a male, seeming a little older than me alighted from it. but to my dismay, the bus wheezed off in a split second and the next thing i knew, it has already disappeared down the misty road although I was still practically running as fast as my legs could carry me. 

"forget it miss, the bus doesn't take just any passenger. it's a free shuttle service specially for us, villagers of Frost. and by just one look of you, im sure you're from downtown,"

i glared at the male who isn't exactly helping at all with the news he had just shared with me. i rolled my eyes at him but he only chuckled wittily. i then gave him a weird stare when i noticed that he only had a thick white, fluffy coat drawn over his body, which everything underneath is not visible to my eye. 

"since you are not able to make your escape from here successfully, why not spend some time with me?", he smiled sinisterly as he then took a step closer to me. 

it became a natural instinct for me to inch back but just as i was doing so, i felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. the male raises his eyebrow at me instinctively but i avoided his gaze. 

fishing out my phone, i realised that it was a message from jimin.

24 december 2015, 0930 hrs

parkjimin: gps isnt helping. and bad news. i think ive lost my way :/

","
"with me?"

my eyes widened when i heard the male's voice and trembling with fear, i could already imagine him smiling hysterically to himself. thus, without looking back at him, i turned my body around and took to my heels.