ten

just one day (bts jungkook christmas special)

the moment i was handed the phone, jungkook automatically stood up from his seat. being polite and all, he wanted to give us some space to talk but even after gesturing multiple times for him to just settle down, he insisted that he should head elsewhere to catch a breather still. 

"i will wait around there", he whispered softly to me and pointed out the direction where he will be situated at before then, jogging off to stand next to a stall which sells spices. 

"ah excuse me~"

from the other side of the line, jimin's voice was kind of getting onto my nerves this time - even though i used to love it whenever he wakes me up in the morning with this tone, but that's back at home. over the line, i could hear that he was ranting on and on but however, my mind and soul just wouldn't stick with him. 

from the corner of my eyes, i would notice jungkook stealing glances at me time after time and soon after when he knew that i was watching him as well, he averted his gaze from me and started playing with his fingers,  occasionally stamping his foot on the ground and also biting hard into his lower lips uneasily. 

it only took me a few seconds to find out why he was behaving like this and thus smiling to myself, i easily concluded that jungkook is jealous- just by that pointy look he had on his face. this made me desperate to want to end this call quick and so, after uttering a quick " off" to jimin coldly, i slapped the phone shut and skipped towards jungkook's side. 

poor cowboy. in the end, he had became so engrossed and absorbed in his own world that when i stood in front of him and waved my arms frantically, he still failed to notice me. 

hence, i tried to put myself between his thoughts and lighten up the atmosphere at the same time. moving in next to him, i tipped up on my toes, puck up my lips and in a quick motion, i gave him a peck on his cheek. 

jungkook was really startled at first but when he realised what i have just done, he couldn't hide his smile. he pulled me into his embrace within a second and then gently caress my hair. 

"haeri-ssi, tell me what to do with you now", he said but just then,  jimin's message again, interrupted our moment.  

"let's read it together", i look up to face him and he nodded his head at me this time round. so, flipping open the phone, we scanned through the messages together, still in each other's embrace. 

24 december 2015, 1530 hrs

parkjimin: hairy harry haeri

parkjimin: why did you end my call :(

parkjimin: i know

parkjimin: im sorry for leaving you behind but theres good news now

parkjimin: ive gotten directions from a nearby shop and they drew me a map

parkjimin: however i regret to inform you that i can only make it back there to Frost after the eve of christmas :( 

parkjimin: anyways, i got the bread 

parkjimin: but not the jam

parkjimin: and don't. judge. me. yet

parkjimin: i was told that the supply was cut throughout the entire village due to a mechanical fault at its main factory 

parkjimin: so, ive got no jams ㅠㅠ

parkjimin: tho you wouldnt care ㅠㅠ 

parkjimin: since i see that youve got yourself a guy as company 

parkjimin: btw who is he

parkjimin: he sounded cute

i felt a nudge on my arm just then and flicking his index finger at me, as though he was asking me to pass to him the phone, i eye jungkook suspiciously as he then started typing.

24 december 2015, 1535 hrs

haeri: youve got no jams youve got no jams youve got no jams youve got no jams youve got no jams youve got no jams youve got no jams youve got no jams youve got no jams youve got no jams youve got no jams youve got no jams youve got no jams youve got no jams youve got no jams 

haeri: and ive gotten both you and i christmas gifts actually

haeri: in case you miss the celebration with me

haeri: im telling ya first

haeri: the presents hidden under your steering wheel 

haeri: and for it to pop out, you might wanna try kissing your car with a tree 

haeri: and after that

haeri: you would have probably returned me with the best gift ever

haeri: i thank you in advance chimchim

with that, jungkook slipped the phone back into his pocket before he lifted up my chin with his fingers. 

i hesitantly looked up at him and the swirls of emotion i saw in his eyes made me gasp. 

lust and desire. 

however, before i could even ponder about it further, jungkook yanked me to him and covered my mouth with his in a hungry kiss. as our lips crushed together, i felt like i was walking on air. it was magic, the way his lips connected with mine. his mouth was so warm, the caress of his lips softer than i could have imagined and i opened my mouth with a low moan.

"geez... what was that?", jungkook drew back slowly and raised his eyebrows at me. his laughter then started ringing in my ears like jingling bells and i could feel the heat growing in my cheeks. 

hitting his arm playfully, i quickly change the topic. 

"say cowboy. would you like to have a taste of how we celebrate christmas in downtown style?"

he shot me with an amused look.

"sure, but how so?"
"for this, we will need money,"