four

just one day (bts jungkook christmas special)

v stayed on a little longer to chat with us but when their eomma called out to him to fetch some groceries, he stood up unwillingly and left the room, leaving just the two of us again. staring down at jungkook, he looked as though he suddenly remembered something and then, he walked away from me, before squatting down at the front of the fireplace. 

there, i was curious as to what he was planning to do at first but seeing him gathering those twigs and charcoal he have collected beforehand and the smoke which slowly rose up in the air after, i soon figured out that he was starting a fire, for me. 

the fire was really small to begin with, but as it grew wilder, i caught jungkook choking under his breath when he accidentally inhaled too much of it. his muscles twitched at his arms as he fan out the smoke and this caused me to swallow down my saliva, having no idea why i was starting to feel a growing unexplainable uncertainty in my heart. 

without hesitation, i got up abruptly and strolled towards him, removing and wrapping my scarf around his face. jungkook's eyes waver as he seems to be confused at my actions. however, he soon broke into a smile before then, scrambling back to my side. 

"owww, you look bad and don't you dare-", i was scoffing at the black stains he had on his face from the charcoal but before i could jerk away from him, he raised his hand up mischievously and drew a below my nostrils. 

"damn it", i cursed but it was all too late. 

checking my reflection on the selfie mode of my phone's camera, i frowned upon seeing my ugly face. i looked as though i was wearing a mustache on my face and during this process, jungkook even leaned towards me, watching me in amazement. letting his index finger roam around the camera sign on my screen, he gave it a tap and laughed heartily, until a message alert tone startled us just then. 

the '10% battery low' notification popped out on my screen and i sigh hard. tapping him on his lap, i then asked anyway, 

"yah cowboy, do you have anywhere i can charge my apple?"

jungkook raises his eyebrow at me.

"apple? if you want apple, i can ask eomma to cut you some. it's free of charge", he scratch his head blankly and with that, he attempted to get up from the bed but i pulled him back down. 

"no i don't mean th-"

in this swift movement, jungkook fell on top of me. his lips slightly brushes against mine and one of his hand was even sitting conveniently on my . 

"jungkook-ah. woah jesus christ,"

suddenly, a man dressed in a pink apron appeared by the door and covering his hand over his mouth dramatically, he widened his eyes at us. 

"eomma jin", i heard jungkook calling out to him and immediately scrambling up onto his feet, he adjusted himself properly and bowed down to him. 

now, he made it seem as though i am the one at fault. sitting up at this awkward moment, i met the eyes of the man who had his narrowed at me this entire time. i was about to say something but it was then, from the corner of my eyes, i saw jungkook gesturing for me to stay silent. 

"you didn't tell me that you had company. seriously, I'm cool with it but namjoon-ie, he won't appreciate this like i do,"

in a few quick successions, jin ran his fingers through his hair before he cleared his throat and spoke again, 

"get her out of here before your appa returns,"
"ne,"
"anyway, i just want to check with you. is this your underwear or is it suga's?"

jin held the triangular brief boldly in the air, as though he didn't mind that there was a female in here. 

"suga's. i wore his since he has a whole collection of it and he's rarely home,"
"alright," 
"i'm wearing his too for today in case you want to know,"
"ok ok, now go,"

with that, jin gave him a tap on his shoulder, dismissing him.

lowering down his head respectfully, jungkook bows to him yet again before he intertwines his fingers with mine. 

along the way out, he asked jin to pass him something and then, grabbing suga's mixtape up from the bed, he led the way.

it was starting to snow again outside and as soon as I stepped out, i reached out my hand and felt the snow flakes landing on my palm. however, walking alongside with me, jungkook remained silent. 

throughout the journey, i was clueless as to where i should head to and so, I chose to just blindly follow him from the back. but suddenly, he halted in his steps and this resulted in my head coming into contact with his hard, solid spine.

"ouch", i cried but the next thing that happened, it made my face and ears flush. gently, jungkook had pressed his lips against my forehead. 

"hope that this will make you feel better... and, oh right", he says and then reaching to the front pocket of his overalls, he brought out a phone and placed it on my palm. 

"i'm sorry i don't have an apple but i sure hope that this ice cream can be of some help,"

he winked at me and this lame statement of his made me chuckle. by this time, the battery was already out on my phone and thus, i decided to send a quick text to jimin with this pink LG ice cream phone jungkook had passed me, informing him of the temporary change in my number in case he is to contact me. 

"park haeri, cute name", jungkook commented after he stole a glance at my message. then, giving me a nudge on my elbow, he stuck out his tongue at me,

"last one to that tree is a pig,"

without warning, he sped off quickly, leaving me to stand at the same spot, looking dumbfounded.