two

just one day (bts jungkook christmas special)

i huffed and puffed as i ran down the road aimlessly. as my heart was pounding, i could still make out his footsteps trailing behind me. along the way, i have tried yelling several times for him to stop but to no avail. his steps only grew louder and quicker and hence, it was only minutes after that the male managed to outrun me. 

"geez, look how fun is this", he smiled brightly as he placed his arm over my shoulder and twirled me around. 

"you really don't have to run away from me. i don't hurt people and i can swear to god, at the very next moment, you will be glad to have witness this,"

the corner of his lips curled up into a grin as he slowly remove his grip on my wrist and shoulder. somehow barricaded by him, i gave up on the idea of escaping eventually and supported myself on my knees to catch my breath instead. however, when i looked up, i saw him sliding his fingers into the insides of his woollen coat next. 

"what in the world-"
"aha, you've probably guessed it. right now, i'm offering you my banana,"

crap. i let out a gasp as soon as he removed the only piece of cloth that was surrounding his body but all of a sudden, i felt a warm body hugging me from the back, his large, smooth hand reaching to cover my eyes before i could even picture the sight in front of me. 

"don't worry miss, i've got everything under control,"

i slump in my position as he hugged me close and whispered into my ear.

then, i felt a jerk right beside my body before then hearing the other party starting to yelp in pain. 

"holy moly, suga! how many times have i warned you not to bully visitors from the outskirts of town?", my saviour's voice sounded from the back again and a while later, he slowly uncovered my eyes. 

despite so, my eyes remained tightly shut but i soon felt his breath breathing against my skin.

"no worries, everything's settled now. you can now open your eyes", he reassures me and doing as told, my eyes fluttered open. 

to my surprise, the male who has been chasing me down the road a while ago is now lying uncannily on the ground, with a rope tightly wound around his petite body. i gulped at the sight but just before i could turn around to meet my saviour, he smiles with his chin on my shoulder, making my heart jump. 

"are you alright?"

i felt my heart stop at that instant. but clearing my throat, i brought myself together shortly after.

"yes... and if you don't mind, could you please let go of me?", i patted his arms gently and immediately, he loosened his grip on me. 

and that was when i finally met his eyes.

those heavenly brown orbs of his sparkled at me from under his wide brimmed hat and i was left tongue tight by how amazing he look. as i studied him from top to bottom, it soon brought to my attention that he was just dressed in a plain white shirt, tucked underneath his blue overalls and a pair of worn out boots in this cold, winter morning.

this left me astounded that i couldn't even care less about the male who had attempted to assault me. reaching into my side pocket, i dug out the spare pair of gloves which supposedly belonged to jimin and laid them out on his palm. 

he returned me with a questionable look but i answered him right away, 

"it's cold but i have nothing else to give you except for this. o-or maybe n-not,"

my eyes wandered off to the suga guy he was referring to, glistening with joy when i found him in a deep slumber already. 

"how about we strip him out of that? he wanted to be all anyway", i suggested boldly but the cute cowboy only waved his hands frantically at me.

"suga hyung is starting to hibernate already. give him some warmth at least. and, i'm fine in just this", he smiled before he then stretched out his arm at me. 

"Mmm?"
"shall we get going now?"

i presented him with a doubtful look but it was then, something scared the hell out of me when it nudged me into his chest from the back. 

"woah, watch it hobi", the cowboy reprimanded him as he held me in his embrace. 

then, after making sure that i was alright, the cowboy ambled back to the white horse which was standing behind our back and caressed his fur gently. 

the horse let out a soft, throaty rumble and shook his head up and down at his touch and within the next second, i watched the cowboy climbed onto him, before he grinned widely at me from above thereafter.

"sorry about hobi", he apologized on his behalf,

"but still, care for a ride?"

i frowned upon his offer 'cos as much as i would like to join him, i had to leave this place and look for jimin.

however, he tried his luck at me yet again.

"pleaseeee. hang out with me for just one day, alright?"

just one day. 

oh my, this offer does sound convincing. scrolling down the recent text and calls, i did a quick check on my phone for any updates from jimin and since there was no response from him, i deemed this as a chance for me. 

it. jimin's can wait. as of now...

i glanced back up at the cowboy, showing him with my hand and smiled with my dimples showing.

"oh well, since you are taking the lead, i'm in. but first, maybe a little help here?"

he nodded at my words and with a swift movement, he hoisted me up with no effort.

"alright now, be sure to hold me tight", he pulled my arms around his waist and at the touch of his heels, we were off, the wind lifting hobi's mane and my hair flying like banners in the breeze.