six

just one day (bts jungkook christmas special)

his cold demeanor and words stabbed through my heart. i was immediately flustered by what I've just remarked on and quickly, i apologized to him.

"sorry. sorry if i accidentally brushed against your wound,"

i noticed he shook his head lightly. 

"nah, it's alright. i just didn't know that i had the ability to make you feel like that even though i lack quite a fair bit", jungkook stared straight into my eyes just then and presented me with a genuine smile. 

"you know, there was this really dark and scary house that the few of us once lived in", jungkook started out all of a sudden, 

"us, namely jin, suga, namjoon, jhope, v and i. they were a great company but the thing was that, day and night, the bell only rings twice and that was the only time we were allowed to be out in the sun to play. the people there weren't exactly nice and so, there was this one day that we all decided to escape", jungkook paused to grab my hand before then, gently rubbing his big hand against mine. 

"you must be cold sitting out here hearing me talk. do you still want me to continue on?"

"yes please", i gave him a nod as i was really intrigued by his story by then. his lips, jungkook took in a deep breath. 

"we kept running but eventually, v and i got caught. they sent us back, beat the hell out of us and for almost three years, we lived like a living corpse. the word 'love' was never in my dictionary until the day, eomma jin showed up. and alongside with him, suga hyung, jhope hyung and namjoon appa too. they came with a lawyer from downtown and forced the people there to sign a contract before then, saving v and i out of hell. and there you go now, the suga hyung who makes mixtapes now-"

"and not to forget, a ert too", I added which made him giggle before he continued on,

"right. and ahem, the happy virus jhope hyung who also gave me hobi", jungkook smiled and widened his eyes at me,

"the alien v who always love telling people the story of his elephant, the eomma jin whom i now work with to manage the farm and lastly, woo-ri namjoon appa, who has also been successful in starting out his own jam factory recently,"

jungkook's mouth quirks up into a smirk as he then stares at me. 

"haeri-ssi,"

"mwo? is there something on my face?", i questioned him back. 

"ani. i'm just really happy that you brought up that word, 'cos somehow or another, i'm starting to think that that feeling may be mutual,"

when he said that, my mind was pumping an imaginary fist victoriously in the air, but in reality, i was blushing hard. 

then, realizing that he'd subconsciously been touching my cheek, jungkook gently and regretfully took his hand away. 

"oh man, this is too much of a digression. we should really get started now", he said and getting up onto his feet, he supported me up instantly. he brought me further in to the ice and stuck out his foot to test the region first. 

"hmm... the ice is not yet solidify enough but let's just be careful here", he warned before his gaze drifted to my boots. 

"and for this, i will need you to be just in your socks,"

"but wouldn't it be cold?", my teeth chattered and i shivered as the cold breeze hit my face. 

"warmth or fun? you choose,"

having said that, jungkook started removing his boots but once he had done so, something shocked us both. climbing out from the tip of one of his boots, there was this really small frog. it spent a few seconds staring at two boring humans before hopping off in distraught eventually. 

at this moment, laughter begin rising up in great rolls from my belly, shaking my shoulders as jungkook watch me cluelessly. in a last, desperate measure, i pressed my face, mouth and lips up against my palms and also, crossed my legs together in case i wet my pants. 

"you could really use Timberland next time,"
"pardon?"

his face scrunched up in a look of confusion.

"Timberland", i repeated myself clearly to which jungkook shook his head vigorously. 

"this place isn't called timberland. it's named Frost,"
"cowboy, Timberland is a brand,"
"oh,"

i started wiping off the tears that had already formed around the brim of my eyes and nodding my head to myself, i uttered, 

"nevermind, i will probably get jimin to send a pair over later as my christmas gift to you,"

"wow thank you,"

jungkook's face brightened up but then, showing his hand to me now, he offered gentlemanly,

"now, may i?"