Tense Triangle

Blink: The Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     The next day, Jiyong burst into Seungri’s room at the crack of dawn and demanded he sort out his room.

     “I can’t stand this mess anymore,” he declared forcefully, flipping on the light. “Pick it up, Seungri.”

     “Wha?” Seungri mumbled, emerging from his swaddle of blankets. His hair was mussed and his eyes were clouded over by sleep. He blinked fast, putting his hand over his eyes to shadow them from the infringing light. “Jiyong-hyung, it’s like the middle of the night.”

     “And it’s going to take you all day to pick this up,” Jiyong reasoned, climbing over Seungri’s stuff and ripping the covers of Seungri and his bed.

     “Hey,” the younger complained, curling in on himself. “,” he whined into his pillow. “Why are you so cruel to me, hyung? I’m still hurting.”

     “Then take some aspirin and stop ing. Come on, get it cleaned up, Seungri,” Jiyong said indifferently. “I’m checking in on you every hour, and I’d be see progress, my little dongsaeng.”

     Seungri gave a long moan into his pillow. Jiyong snorted and left, shutting the door with a soft thud behind him. Seungri continued to grumble and groan before he crawled out of bed. He staggered to the bathroom, thinking of how glorious a shower would be. He threw open the door, looked up blearily and immediately reached back out for the handle, swinging the door back towards him and slamming it shut.

     Seunghyun had been standing on the little rug in front of the sink, brushing out his wet hair with a towel around his neck. He had looked a little surprised for the split second that Seungri had met his eyes.

     Seungri heard a burst of laughter from the other side of the door, and his grip tightened considerably around the door handle, his knuckles turning a harsh white.

     “Sorry,” he shouted through the door, over Seunghyun’s laughter.

     “It’s fine, Seungri!” Seunghyun called back, voice still tinged with mirth. “It’s really fine!” Seungri felt a tug come from the opposite side of the door. “Come on, Seungri, open up. I’m wearing the towel now, I swear!”

     Seungri released the door handle and Seunghyun opened the door, a grin still plastered on his face. He was wearing the towel like a skirt now.

     “Sorry,” Seungri said in a small voice. “I should have knocked. Sorry, Seunghyun-hyung.”

     “Seungri, it’s fine. It’s nothing you haven’t seen before, right? I mean you’ve got a , too, don’t you?” Seunghyun gestured to Seungri’s crotch. “It’s fine. We walk in on each other all the time. Relax. I’m done in the bathroom. You can shower or whatever.” Seunghyun turned around, but paused, looking back. “Why are you up so early, anyway?”

     “Um, Jiyong wants me to clean up my room today, so, I’m up,” Seungri finished awkwardly. “He stole my blankets.”

     “That sounds like Jiyong,” Seunghyun chuckled. “I’ll bring your breakfast.”

     “Thanks,” Seungri murmured as Seunghyun walked away through the bathroom and to his own bedroom. He shut the door firmly behind him, and Seungri waited for a minute or two before venturing into the bathroom. He showered hurriedly, wondering what Jiyong would to him if he didn’t make any progress in his room.

     He used Seunghyun’s shampoo and soap again, careful only to steal only little as not to arouse suspicion from the sharer of his bathroom. After today, he could use his own, he assured himself. He jumped out of the clear box, and reached out for his towel. His fingers met with the cold wall behind the towel rack.

     “Crap,” he hissed, crossing his arms and tucking his elbows close to his body. He shivered a few times, and then collected his courage to step out into his colder bedroom. He cussed a few more times under his breath as he stepped out, dripping water everywhere. He felt like he was about to freeze by the time he found his towel and dried off.

     “Knock, knock,” Seunghyun sang, backing into the room with his hands occupied by a tray full of food. Seungri straightened up, a fresh shirt within his grasp.

     “Wasn’t sure what you wanted,” Seunghyun continued, eyes locked on the food and moving carefully as not to spill anything. “So I’ve got cereal and milk – separately, I don’t how much milk you like in your cereal, if any – eggs, bacon, and kimchi, compliments of our housewife, and there’s some toast, and some jam. Strawberry or peach. Daesung ate all the raspberry. And then I wasn’t sure if you wanted tea or coffee, so I got both. I’ll have to go and sugar if you want some – I couldn’t fit it on the tray.” He set the tray gingerly on the night stand, and Seungri could see he was gnawing on his bottom lip. He was probably nervous about losing control of the tray.

     “Oh, thanks, Seunghyun-hyung,” Seungri eyebrows shot up at the surprise of the elder’s efforts. He tugged his shirt on over his head, dropping his towel and quickly slipping on his underwear before Seunghyun could turn around and see.

     “No problem,” Seunghyun assured, straightening up and turning around to look at Seungri, who was currently hopping about the room, trying to wriggle into a pair of jeans.

     Seungri gritted his teeth, cursing at the denim in his head. He could see Seunghyun fighting off a smirk out of the corner of his eye. When he finally managed to get the jeans over his , he stood up straight and gave Seunghyun the death glare of all death glares. “Something funny?” he snapped, yanking up the zipper and snapping the button into place.

     “Yes,” Seunghyun answered, unwavered by Seungri’s stink

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter