Family Dinner

Blink: The Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Seunghyun’s hands moved up to either side of Seungri’s neck, holding him in place while Seunghyun turned his head a little. He bit softly down on Seungri’s bottom lip, causing the younger to whimper. Seunghyun swallowed the noise, using the opportunity of Seungri’s slightly opened mouth to slip his tongue in.

     Seungri felt Seunghyun’s hands disappear from his lower face, and he was confused for a moment, about to pull away when Seunghyun’s hands suddenly appeared on his waist. Seungri was twisted and flipped around forcefully, ending up in Seunghyun’s lap.

     He moaned, hands clawing at Seunghyun’s clothed collarbone, blunt fingernails scraping against the fabric. Seunghyun detached their lips, but quickly reattached his to the side of Seungri’s neck, ling on the skin there. Seungri gasped and tilted his head back to allow Seunghyun better access.

     “Seunghyun,” Seungri managed to rasp, threading his left hand into Seunghyun’s hair, tugging slightly on the strands.

     Seunghyun lifted his head, looking down at Seungri. His lips were red and bit bruised from colliding with Seungri’s and they were glistening with his spit. He was breathing a little heavy, but considering what they had just engaged in, Seungri was a little out of breath himself.

     “Why’d you stop?” Seungri asked, curling his hand around the collar of Seunghyun’s button-up shirt.

     “Do you think it’ll work out?” Seunghyun asked, ignoring Seungri’s question.

     “The odds are pretty good,” Seungri responded.

     Seunghyun tilted his head back and laughed. He looked back down at Seungri. The younger felt the elder’s fingers wind through his hair, pulling Seungri’s head back a little. “Tell me when you’re certain, and then we can talk about a relationship."

     Seunghyun dipped his head and kissed Seungri, gently this time, it was more like a peck, before easing the smaller off his lap and back onto the bed. “Promise to come out to help make dinner?” Seunghyun questioned, getting off the bed and taking a few steps back.

     Seungri’s eyes flickered up to meet his hyungs' and he nodded. “Promise.”

     Seunghyun smiled gently and turned for the door. Seungri watched him go, chest still heaving a little. A few moments after the door shut, Seungri sat up, touching his lips and the then touching the spot on his neck that Seunghyun had a hickey onto.

     Seungri clambered out of his bed, his knees shaking slightly. He chewed on his lip, rubbing the side of his neck. To pass the time, he made his bed and picked up the dirty laundry around his room, depositing it in the hamper in the farthest corner of the room from the door. Idly, he wondered how the five of them actually did laundry. Take it to a Laundromat?

     He returned Seunghyun’s towel to its proper place on the rack and placed his next to it. He also stocked his shampoo and soap in the shower so he wouldn’t have to steal Seunghyun’s anymore.  He spent the rest of the time nitpicking over the littlest things in his room, readjusting the positioning of the furniture by a few centimeters at most, until the clock on the night stand flickered to five-thirty.

     Seungri pulled on his jeans and a fresh t-shirt, combing his hair into an acceptable style for dinner. He exited his room, pulling the door shut behind him. He didn’t see anyone in the living room, but he heard plenty of noises coming from the kitchen, so that’s where he headed, opening the door carefully, warying of opening it too fast and knocking someone on their . The other four boys were in the kitchen, chattering loudly and preparing food.

     “Ah, he lives!” Daesung looked over his shoulder as Seungri entered the kitchen. He set the tomatoes he was rinsing down on a towel and he dried his hands on another towel. “Come to help?” he asked. "You can help me cut vegetables and fruits,” he offered, gesturing to the glistening tomatoes.

     Seungri nodded and stepped to stand next to Daesung, who placed a cutting tray and a knife in front of him. He placed a few of the tomatoes in front of Seungri. “Just cut these, long ways, like you’d put on a burger,” Daesung tapped the corner of the cutting board and went back to rinsing spinach leaves.

     “Hey, Dae,” Taeyang called over from where he was gutting an avocado. “Will you hand me those tomatoes?” the man pointed to the finely cut tomatoes that were just off to Daesung’s right. The trade occurred while Seungri sliced cleanly through one tomato.

     “Just a guess, but are we having Mexican for dinner?” Seungri said, looking around to the tasks everyone was attempting to complete. From what he could ascertain, Taeyang was preparing a salsa and guacamole, Dae and he were cutting up an array of vegetables and fruits, some of which Jiyong seemed to be taking to make a dish or two Seungri couldn’t see very well. Seungri only took a glance in Seunghyun’s direction. It wasn’t enough to catch a glimpse of what he was doing, but he was holding a small bag in his hands.

     “Very good, Ri,” Daesung murmured, passing the younger a cucumber.

     They worked in concentrated silence for a stretch, as most everybody was holding some kind of a blade and needed all their focus on not getting sliced but a clumsy error.  When Seungri finished cutting Daesung’s parade of tomatoes, cucumbers, limes, and lettuce, he washed both the cutting board and the knife, putting them in the drying rack.

     He turned around to watch everyone else then, and noticed they were all finishing up as well. Taeyang had completed his guacamole and salsa, Jiyong was watching an egg timer tick down beside the stove (Seungri’s guess was that leader had made some sort of casserole), and Seunghyun was watching Seungri.

     After a moment of realization, Seungri’s eyes flickered back to the eldest member of the group. It didn’t seem like he was trying to burn a hole in Seungri’s head, the man just seemed to be…observing. Like one would do with a child, just watching them play around with their friends. Seungri felt awkward at the thought of calling him out on it, so he turned away to watch Taeyang wash his tools. He felt heat rise up to his face, and he tried to ignore it, hoping no one else would notice.

     “Seunghyun, Taeyang,” Jiyong turned around to face the two men. “Will you go and get the dining table?”

     The two nodded their consent and shuffled their way out of the kitchen. Seungri watched after them, burning a hole in Seunghyun’s back before the door swung shut and he disappeared from Seungri’s line of vision.

     “We have a dining table?” he asked no one in particular.

     “Yeah…it was actually yours,” Daesung chuckled ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter