Followed

Blink: The Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Seungri had the distinct, nasty feeling he was being watched. Or rather, followed. Both, really. He was becoming paranoid, constantly looking over his shoulder. Over the course of a few months, he discovered he was in fact, being followed. There were four of them, all males, and each of them always had the same expression on their face. Like they were waiting for something to happen.

     It had gotten to the point where he recognized them from a street away. There were two rather small ones, separated by the fact that one of them had a wide nose, and then there was the muscular-looking of the four. There was also the tallest one, who had recently dyed his hair blue, which slightly baffled Seungri – now he stood out more among the crowd and Seungri could avoid him better, but he wasn’t going to make a big deal out of it. Except for the fact that he started seeing him everywhere now, his hair like a beacon. It made him wonder how often they were actually around, and he just wasn’t seeing them.

     It was really starting to mess with him, and he started only leaving his apartment when he deemed it necessary, and even then, it was in broad daylight and in places full of other people. It even got to a point where Seungri went to the police, who had him fill out a useless report, and then sent him on his way.

     Currently, Seungri hadn't left his place in four days, working from home on his laptop. The blinds were drawn, with as few lights on as possible. The television played quietly in the background, almost deafened by the sound of the keyboard clacking as Seungri typed. The rhythm soothed him, and he was relaxed, feeling quite safe in his apartment.

     After an hour or so more of working, Seungri got up to stretch his legs and find something to eat. He searched though his cupboards and discovered nothing particularly appetizing. The same thing occurred with the fridge. He sighed and leaned against the cold door, bracing himself against it as he looked over the contents for the twentieth time.

     “Oh, I'll just go out,” Seungri decided, picking his keys off the counter and his coat of its hanger in the hallway. He briefly hesitated before grabbed the door handle, thoughts mulling over the four boys who had been following. Maybe they had lost interest him, seeing as he hadn’t really come out of his apartment lately. Seungri chewed on his bottom lip. What if they were insane homicidal rapists? What if they were actually obsessed with him to the point of wanting to own him?

     Seungri shook his head. That was utterly ridiculous. If they had wanted to kill him, he’d be dead by now. They knew where he lived. Which wasn’t a particularly comforting thought. Seungri looked over his shoulder, a shiver going down his spine as he surveyed the darkness behind his entrance hallway. Seungri’s grip on his coat tightened, his keys cutting into his palm, and he reached for the handle of the door, whipping it open and disappearing into the hallway, the door slamming behind him.

     It was chilly out on the streets, so he shrugged on his coat, zipping it as he walked. He decided on the small noodle company store a few streets away. He slipped his hands into his coat pocket as he rounded the corner, passing by several smokers who were probably waiting for the bus. Seungri could see his breath, and he amused himself by watching the vapor cloud appear out of his mouth and dissipate into the air. It was until he noticed he was nearly to the street that held his dinner that he looked up and stopped abruptly.

     There, standing on the corner, watching him, was one of the men who was stalking him. It wasn't the tall one, or the muscled one. It was one of the smaller ones, but from this distance, he couldn't tell which one – the one with the feminine features or the one with the big nose.

     Seungri swallowed and took a step back. The man took a step forward, and Seungri turned around, walking fast in the other direction, deciding a Slim Jim or two from the twenty-four hour convince store on his street would do. When he heard focused steps behind him, Seungri broke into a small jog, and then when the footsteps quickened with it, he started to sprint.

     It was bound to happen since he was looking at the ground, focused only on getting away from the man following him - Seungri slammed into something very solid and fell on onto the cold ground. He gasped as pain shot up his spine and scraped up the palms of his hands as he used them to brace his fall. Pain etched on his face, Seungri looked up to see what, or who he had run into. Standing there, looking down at him with a mildly surprised look on his face, was the tall man.

     “You've never run to one of us before, Seungri,” he murmured in a low voice. “But it is a nice change.” The man stuck out his hand as an offering to help Seungri to his feet, but Seungri was having none of it and quickly scrambled away, wincing as his raw hands came in contact with the unforgiving concrete.

     “Get away from me,” he snapped, struggling to his feet. Seungri braced himself against the cool marble of the building behind him, glowering at the tall, blue-haired man who was staring at him, his breath coming out in small puffs. Seungri had the stray thought that the man looked like he had cotton candy on his head, and it looked good coupled with his strong jawline and sharp cheek bones.

     s, s, Seungri, he thought to himself, still eyeing the man in front of him. He was expected to follow his uncle’s and aunt’s wishes to marry a girl they approved of and have children by the time he was thirty, not fantasize about a man that was tracking him like he was a prized stag. Anger bubbled in his chest – he wasn’t prey.

     “How do you know my name?” Seungri demanded. “I know you've been stalking me. Have you been stealing m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter