Vanished

Blink: The Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungri woke up the next morning, a little groggy, but more than pleased.  Seunghyun’s arm was wrapped around his waist, his leg thrown over his, and his face buried in his neck. He stretched slightly, feeling the ache in his legs and lower back. Seunghyun moved with him, and Seungri feared he had woken him, but the elder merely sighed and settled back down.

Seungri turned his head and looked up at the alarm clock on Seunghyun’s bedside table. The blue numbers indicated it was 8:07 in the morning. Just how long had they been talking and …. Seungri flushed. Screwing. They lost almost a whole day. Was that something Seunghyun could control? What time was it actually, in reality?

Seungri eased Seunghyun’s arm off his body and he started wiggling out of his grasp. He sat up and rolled his shoulders, feeling the pain spike up his back. He grumbled softly, and slipped off the bed, limping towards the bathroom. This was the second time that Seungri woke up and had to shower off the scent of and sweat. This time, though, the weight of the world wasn’t weighing down on him, and he didn’t have to worry himself over the little things anymore.

Seungri massaged the ache out of his muscles once more, the soapy bubbles making it easier. He was shocked when he felt hands other than his own over his shoulders, working out the tension.

“Sneaking out of bed like that,” Seunghyun murmured. “Someone would think you’ve got something to be ashamed.”

“I just didn’t want to wake you,” Seungri responded.

They were quiet for the next few minutes, Seunghyun rubbing his hands over his body (the “massaging” bit stopped after a few seconds). “How are you feeling?” the elder murmured, reaching over to the shelf that held his shampoo. “I know I unleashed quite a bit before on you.”

The familiar scent of sandalwood swirled around Seungri, comforting him. “I’m fine,” he answered, leaning his head back as Seunghyun worked the shampoo into his scalp. “It’s a little odd, thinking about how all of this is just code and I’m a really complex code. It’s weird.”

Seunghyun hummed, choosing not to answer. After Seunghyun washed him, Seungri insisted on cleaning the elder, standing up on his tiptoes to comb his fingers through his hair, effectively soaping it up. While Seunghyun rinsed out his hair, Seungri took the opportunity to wash the rest of him, using the purple shower poof (which had to Seunghyun’s, because Seungri hadn’t had one before).

After showering and dressing – Seungri had to run back to his room to get changed – they joined the others in the living room for breakfast.

“Hey,” Daesung greeted, methodically chewing on a bagel. He was seated at the dining table, a bunch of newspapers spread out in front of him.

“What’s with the world wide news?” Seungri asked, picking up a section and scanning the headline. Some politician had slept with a mistress, and it was headline news. Seungri set the paper back down, resisting the urge to roll his eyes. Seunghyun brushed past him, heading for the kitchen door.

“Looking out for Anti-Blinkers – anything unusual that shouldn’t be happening in certain times,” Daesung responded around another bite of bagel. “Jiyong went out and got all of these earlier,” He looked up at Seungri, a small smile quirking the corner of his mouth. “None of it is as exciting as your night was, I suspect.”

Seungri blushed. “Yes, well, you haven’t read every story now, have you?” he tried to reply back cheekily, but it was a stumble and Daesung knew it. The elder raised his eyebrows suggestively and took another bite out of his diminishing bagel.

"I’m going to the kitchen,” he muttered, trying not to make eye contact with his hyung. The elder snorted, but said nothing, returning to his newspapers.

Cheeks still burning, Seungri hurried off to the kitchen. Putting some distance between himself and Daesung eased his embarrassment a little, enough to start drawing the heat out of his face, but not enough overall. Seunghyun looked over his shoulder from where he was stirring a cup of coffee and smiled at him. “Daesung said something.” He stated, the spoon clinking against the side of the cup.

“Yes,” Seungri admitted leaning against the doorframe and crossing his arms.

Seunghyun snorted softly. “The walls aren’t necessarily thin, but they aren’t soundproof. And while you weren’t loud, you weren’t quiet either. He’s just having a bit of fun, teasing you. Don’t take it to heart.” While he was speaking, Seunghyun removed the spoon from the coffee and set in the sink. He turned and picked up the mug to cradle it as he finished speaking, smile faintly at his younger lover.

“I’m not. It’s just – I’m not sure how to respond.” Seungri admitted. Seunghyun sipped at his coffee as Seungri talked, leaning against the countertop. “I’m not really sure how to respond to him at all, knowing what I do now…” Seungri trailed off. Was he being a bad friend, keeping this information to himself? This was a critical piece of his life. Or would he be a worse friend for telling him and ruining this world he lived in?

“Daesung is content with this world – he’s meant to stay here. You’re not. You’re existing in the same plane as him for now, but you’re destined for a different plane. This is just a…b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter