Powerless

Blink: The Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     All Seungri was aware of for the next couple of seconds was fear. The look on Seunghyun’s face was enough to tell Seungri that these Anti-Blinker’s were dangerous beings and Seungri had no idea what he was going to do to fend one off. All he had was a couple of explanations from the others and one training session with Jiyong. And that wasn’t about fighting! It was about incorporating Blinking into running and assisting.

     His vision narrowed and the blood roared in his ear. Seungri felt his chest constrict and he sensed Seunghyun tense up beside him, and then whip around very suddenly.

     “You take that one, I’ve got this one!”

     Seunghyun’s voice Seungri back into his own body. It felt like everything had been moving in slow motion and now it was like the play button had been smashed with a ferocity. The Anti-Blinker was moving towards Seungri with a purpose, and Seungri still had no idea of what he was going to do to defend himself. Did Blinkers fight the way humans did? With fists? Even if they did, Seungri had never been in a fist fight before.

     “I am so dead,” he whimpered. The Anti-Blinker was no more than three yards away from him, so Seungri tensed, eyes locked with his enemy.

     The Anti-Blinker hit Seungri with all the force of an out of control train. The Anti-Blinker had obviously been expecting Seungri to do something in retaliation, because he looked almost as surprised when they went flying backwards. They hit the pavement hard, Seungri taking the brunt of the blow. He felt some of his cuts and burns from training with Jiyong become irritated as he scraped across the concrete, struggling to kick the slightly bigger male off of him.

     They came to a grinding halt and Seungri actually managed to find some leverage. He planted his right foot against the sidewalk and hard upward, causing the Anti-Blinker to lose his balance and go flying over Seungri’s head to land on his back. Seungri leaped to his feet, thoughts going wild as he figured out his next move. Kick? Punch? Bite?

     Seungri obviously took too long to decide, because the Anti-Blinker grabbed his ankle and yanked hard. Seungri ended up on his , scraping the palms of his hands as he tried to break his fall. When Seungri looked up, he saw the Anti-Blinker leaping at him. Shocked, Seungri held up his arm to block the attack and immediately found himself sitting in the exact some position, except on the bench across the street. Seungri looked over, bewildered, seeing the Anti-Blinker face-plant into the concrete.

     “Holy ,” Seungri said in an amused undertone, still watching the Anti-Blinker peel his face of the pavement. He looked around, trying to pinpoint Seunghyun, and he did catch a glimpse of him, but he suddenly had his own issue to contend with. The Anti-Blinker had figured out what had happened, and had found his way over to Seungri’s bench and was looking pretty steamed.

     “You’ve got a little something on your face,” Seungri hedged.

     The Anti-Blinker was not amused and lunged forward, toppling him backwards. Seungri lashed out frantically, attempting to dislodge the angry Anti-Blinker. In a panic, Seungri tried to Blink away again, but it didn’t help any.

     The Ant-Blinker held onto Seungri and they fell onto a newspaper stand from about ten feet up in the air. Seungri hear the metal frame whine as the wooden supports snapped and splintered beneath their combined weight. There were screams as they hit the ground, crunching on broken glass that scraped against the scattered newspaper.  Seungri swung wildly, his fist catching on the man’s jaw. His head snapped backward, and Seungri cocked his foot against the ground, getting ready to pile drive this jackass into the pavement when everything stopped.

     Seungri’s muscles didn’t exactly seize up, but all of his movement stopped. He didn’t feel any pain. He couldn’t make noise and was stuck staring at the Anti-Blinker, halfway to make a wicked American football move. The Anti-Blinker didn’t seem to be affected but this strange phenomenon. He smirked at Seungri and stood up, dusting himself off before reaching down to pull Seungri up.

     Seungri tried to scream but he was frozen, completely at the mercy of this unearthly being who really wanted him dead. What the hell was wrong? What was happening?

     “They really should have known better than to send a youngling to fight,” he chuckled, easing Seungri’s raised arms down to his sides. Seungri didn’t feel the Anti-Blinker’s hands against his skin – just the pressure the man was exerting in order to move his limbs to a more workable position. The Anti-Blinker continued to tut as he fixed Seungri’s legs. “It is such a shame. There’s really no good feeling in beating a youngling, although I did underestimate how well you could fight.”

     Seungri’s internal screaming monologue was on a continuous loop. If only he could move a pinky – maybe he could tap out the morose code version of help me and alert someone around them. There had been screaming earlier, obviously the other people in the street had noticed them fighting, but the screaming had been cut off. Or it had just stopped. Seungri noticed the silence now, with no other distractions. What had happened to the screaming?

     The only thing Seungri had to rely on now that all the other people had seemingly disappeared was Seunghyun, and the last Seungri had seen of him was a flurry of limbs as he fought another Anti-Blinker. It was agonizing, waiting on a person he wasn’t sure was coming, all the while being handled like a rag doll by an Anti-Blinker.

     “We are going to have some fun with you,” the Anti-Blinker sighed contently, running an index finger across Seungri’s cheek bone. Seungri flinched in his mind, and the Anti-Blinker must have sensed his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter