New mission: Visible?

My guardian, my demon

"How do I look?" Jongin said before putting his hand under his chin.

"I seriously thank god I didn't have to see this before I slept," Chanyeol groaned. "I would've gotten nightmares, Jongin. Night. Mares."

"Come on, I actually look kinda hot," Jongin said then smirked. "You're just jealous, aren't you?"

"Why would I be? My boyfriend does this like 24/7."

"Yeah, true."

"Did you really have to ruin your perfectly smooth hair for a human, Jongin?"

"I needed a change anyways, besides, as I've told you already, I look drop dead gorgeous, okay? It's a fact. Accept it."

"You were already drop dead gorgeous! Ughhh! I have a as a best friend!" Chanyeol growled. He was so angry. How dare Jongin do this to himself because of something so unworthy?!

"Shut up. You're more of an idiot than me," Jongin smiled widely.

"I just want to know," Chanyeol sighed. "What's so fun in dying your hair light blond and putting blue and green eye contacts? Only girls do that!" He huffed.

"And your boyfriend," Jongin remarked.

"He doesn't count, he's already crazy." 

"Not even going to argue with that. Look, Chanyeol. What's so wrong with a simple change?" Jongin sighed.

"SIMPLE?!"

"Okay maybe more than simple but really! I have all the right to modify my own appearance."

"So, what now? Just because that human told you he thought you looked like a foreigner you'll also dye your skin with bleach?"

"He's not called 'That human'! He has a name. Use it," Jongin glared.

"You're seriously defending him now?" Chanyeol's eyes widened.

"He's my friend, now shut up and help me with this."

"Since when were humans demon's friends? We never wanted them to be our friends. We just wanted to help them out. No more than that, Jongin. No more... Do you realise what that means? You are different. I know that there's absolutely nothing wrong with being different but, not a lot of demons think so. You'll be hated Jongin. Hated. By every single demon. Do you get what that means?"

"Yeah I know," Jongin shrugged.

"That would include me Jongin. I don't want you to do this. This has gone so wrong. If I were in your position, I would immediately talk to the boss and cancel this mission as soon as possible. Tell me, you haven't forgoten that this is a mission, right?"

"No I haven't..." Jongin was deeply scarred. Chanyeol, his own best friend, would hate him? But... They promised each other! "You would...hate me? I thought you were kidding when you said this awful word, Chanyeol. I didn't know you actually meant it but whatever, thank you for sticking around a different demon when you didn't want to," Jongin let out a humorless chuckle with tears b in his small eyes. There was no such thing as forever, he guessed. Everything comes to an end, even the most valuable friendships.

"No, Jongin. I-" Chanyeol couldn't even complete his sentence before Jongin teleported to Sehun's place. Who knows? Maybe a tear would betray him and drop from his eye infront of his former best friend. "I would've been forced to hate you... I don't want to."

 

"Hey, why do you seem so down today?" Sehun asked with his head tilted to the right cutely. Jongin couldn't notice his cuteness today though.

"Ah, it's nothing," Jongin brushed the question off.

"Come on, I'm your friend. I can obviously sense that you're not okay at all. What happened?" Jogin shuddered at the word 'Friend'.

"It's not that important. I'm fine. Really," Jongin wasn't fine. He knew this would open a huge wound in his heart. What if he misunderstood Chanyeol? But Jongin didn't want to put his hopes up high. He'll bear with it for now. Till this mission ends. Just the thought of the mission ending made Jongin shudder.

"Then why did you even bother helping me if you won't accept me helping you? Why did you agree to be friends? If you helped me in my hardest times, I have to help you as well. This is what good friends are for," Sehun smiled. Jongin couldn't take it anymore and he threw himself on Sehun and cried loudly, tears finally spilling onto Sehun's shirt.

"I don't like this," Jongin said in between his cries. "I can't explain much to you. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Just let it all out," Sehun patted his back assuringly.  

"I don't even know what to do anymore," Jongin sobbed. Suddenly, Jongin's energy had drastically dropped. He was weak. He couldn't take it anymore. Too many emotions in one day was too much for him. He became visible. Jongin gasped and quickly covered his face with his hands. Good thing he was wearing long sleeves and pants today. He didn't want to risk Sehun seeing him today. 

"Jongin! What-"

"Don't ask just... leave me alone for five minutes," Jongin didn't want Sehun to see him. Not yet anyways, and therefore, he ran quickly to the bedroom to contain his energy. This is bad. He was shaking and he couldn't take his breath properly. He let out a shaky breath and flopped down on the bed, trying to take in his energy again. Sehun just sat outside the bedroom door for a while, waiting for Jongin.

"I know I was screwed, but I didn't know that I was this screwed," Jongin muttered and covered his face with his hands in despair. Once he had regained his half-full energy, he went out and saw Sehun waiting for him outside.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Sehun asked when the door opened once again.

"No. I'm not okay," Jongin was still crying. However instead of loud cries, all that was coming out from him were sniffles and quiet sobs.

"At least you did admit it. As long as you know that you're not okay, that means that you're strong. You'll overcome this problem, soon."

"Did you... see me?" Jongin couldn't help but ask.

"Well, I did see your clothes. Nice pants by the way!" Sehun tried to joke to lighten up the mood. Jongin chuckled.

"That's good then. I- Thank you."

"It's okay, I'll always be here for you," Sehun smiled and hugged Jongin again. Jongin hid his beautiful face in Sehun's neck, trying to calm down. 

"You know, your hair colour doesn't seem natural. Can ghosts dye their hair as well?" Sehun laughed.

"Yeah, they can," Jongin murmered.

"It's a nice colour. I want to know if it suits you though," Sehun hinted.

"No, you won't. Never," Jongin suddenly raised his volume.

"Okay, okay. Calm down. I don't believe you though," Jongin's eyes widened. Did Sehun possibly...find out?

"In-in what?" Jongin stuttered.

"I didn't die, you know," Sehun laughed and Jongin frowned. He doesn't know what Sehun's talking about. Then, it suddenly struck him.

"Oh...that. Sorry."

"No, it's okay, just saying," Sehun chuckled.

"I'll-I'll go now, I need to sort some things out."

"No you need to rest first. Then you can sort out everything you want. When you go home, go straight to bed. Okay?" Sehun put on a sweet smile.

"Okay," Sehun could hear slight happiness lingering in Jongin's voice.

 

A/N: I'm late again. I'm sorry. I feel like this story is getting boring right now, I don't even know *shrugs* Well, I hope you liked this chapter! *wink*