New mission: Are you ready?

My guardian, my demon

"You ready for this?"

"Yup, Let's fly in the air like birds!" Chanyeol said and threw himself off the top of the building and before he hit the ground with a few inches, he started flying.

"I'm friends with an idiot," Jongin shook his head and sighed. He got ready, stretched and jumped. He wasn't as stupid as Chanyeol was though and he started flying straight away.

"You're flying to the wrong direction you idiot!" Jongin shouted. "We're supposed to be heading west! Not North! What? Were you planning on visiting the polar bears in the North Pole for a bit?" Jongin scoffed then smiled.

"Oops, my bad," Chanyeol said and diverted his direction quickly and joined Jongin.

"Are you excited?" Chanyeol yelled.

"More like scared," Jongin yelled back.

"Just follow your instincts, you'll be okay," Chanyeol shouted. Why was it always that they hardly heard each other up there? Chanyeol huffed at that thought.

"Turn right! Plane ahead!" Jongin screamed.

"Alright!" And Chanyeol followed Jongin again.


Once they had arrived, they hovered a bit above the city, trying to locate their dorm. Chanyeol was flying and flipping around as well as making faces at the surrounding birds and Jongin was actually searching the whole city.

"Oh, there it is! Let's go!"

"But I wanna continue playing!" Chanyeol whined.

"You can do that after you're done with your mission, now, let's go!" Jongin grabbed Chanyeol's head and led him to the dorms. Once they reached their destination, Jongin let go of Chanyeol's head and he fell straight down on the pavement.

"Owww, what was that for?!"

"Idiot, get up and walk to the door! I'm coming now," Jongin said and landed may I add safely, unlike Chanyeol, then made his way to their building with the unlucky demon.


"May I have your ID please?" The receptionist said.

"Yeah sure," Jongin gave her his and Chanyeol's cards with a smile.

"Wait, what? Why do you have mine?" Chanyeol said after he realised that he doesn't have his card and Jongin does.

"You forgot it at your office, idiot. So I took it because I knew that we'll need it."

"Thanks, bro," Chanyeol squeezed Jongin.

"Okay, you don't have to squish me for it though," Jongin puffed out.

"Sorry," Chanyeol said sheepishly.

"Demon Park Chanyeol and Demon Kim Jongin, you both will share room 234. Here's the key and if you need anything just press 0 on your phone and either me or my coworker will answer. Good luck on your mission," the receptionist said with a sweet smile.

"Thank you, I'll really need it," Jongin said and took the key then made his way to the elevator. Chanyeol just followed silently.

"Why are you not talking?" Jongin asked curiously.

"What?"

"You always have to be blabbering about one thing or the other. What? Finally realised how difficult our missions are?" Jongin smirked.

"No, I'm trying to figure out whether this woman is a demon or a human," Jongin lost any left respect for his friend right then and there. His eye twitched and then he spoke.

"You what? Are you stupid, Chanyeol? How did you freaking pass your test to be in one of the best sections? Did you bribe the examiners?" Jongin gasped dramatically.

"No silly, I'm just good at psychology."

"Okay, not gonna ask. And by the way, she's a demon," Jongin said then entered the elevator.

"Thanks," Chanyeol said and followed.


"Perfect! The room is so nice! But, there's only one bed," Chanyeol said.

"Me on the couch, you on the bed," Jongin said briefly.

"Hell no. I ain't letting you sleep on the couch," Chanyeol protested.

"Okay. Me on the bed, you on the couch."

"I hate couches so, No."

"No?" Jongin raised an eyebrow. "Then what the hell do we do? Both sleep on the floor?"

"No, we both sleep on the bed."

"Good joke. Now let's go and put our luggage in the wardrobe," Jongin laughed hysterically.

"Wait! I'm not kidding! What's the problem with that?" Chanyeol pouted.

"Do you not remember, Park Chanyeol? Last time we both slept on the same bed you almost burned me alive with your hands. You can't control your powers when you're asleep. Not to mention the sudden cuddles that make me cringe and huff and puff for air. Are you sure that you don't need someone to date? Cause you pretty much almost had with me on that day in your sleep."

"I'll date you," Chanyeol said with his eyebrows wiggling.

"Ew, hell no. Never. Just thinking about it makes me shiver."

"Fine then, you on the couch, me on the bed."

"Such a gentleman. And you said you wanted to date me?" Jongin scoffed and laughed.

"If you find any other solution, I'm up for it."

"Nah, that's perfect. I'm hungry though and my mission starts in exactly... Fourteen hours. How about we go for a walk and then eat something?"

"FOOD YES!" Chanyeol screamed and went out of the room and down the stairs to the lobby. Jongin just shook his head and closed the door to follow Chanyeol. Once he got down, he gave the woman the keys just in case they lose them and went outside of the building.

"Okay so, since Korea was your country once, you tell me where to go."

"But wasn't Korea also your country?"

"Yup, it was. But I'm from Suncheon, you're from Seoul. You'd know more than me."

"True. Let's go then. Wait, what do you want to eat first?"

"Fried Chicken. You know me."

"Of course, what else would you choose over chicken?" Chanyeol chuckled. "Follow me," he added.

"Okay."


"This chicken is so good!" Jongin moaned.

"Dude, it's chicken. Not your girlfriend."

"I would happily and willingly get married to a chicken."

"And you say I'm an idiot?" Chanyeol raised his eyebrow.

"Let's face it. Everyone has their idiotic moments. Yours just occur more often than mine," Jongin said then devoured another piece of heavenly chicken.

"Kim Jongin, this is the truest thing you've ever said in your life. I'm proud of you."

"Whatever. Just eat for now. Be proud later."

"Hey! I got an idea! How about getting drunk before our second mission starts?"

"Haha. Very funny Chanyeol," Jongin glared at him.

"Why not?"

"Are you forgetful? I'm Alcohol intolerant!" Yup, even demons get allergic to certain substances like alcohol and dairy products.

"Oops, well, I will get drunk. You carry on with the chicken."

"Good idea. But if you wake up with a hangover, I won't be there to help you bro."

"Don't worry! I'll just have one shot."

"More like one bottle," Jongin muttered.

"You said something?"

"Nah, I'll order some Soju and Vodka for you. Happy?" Chanyeol nodded eagerly.

"Never been happier."


After a while, Jongin had finished at least two whole chickens while Chanyeol finished four bottles of alcohol. Two Soju and Two Vodka. How? Jongin has no idea how he still is awake and not passed out by now.

"Jongin-ah! I love you!"

"I love you too. Get up and help me."

"Nooooo, I want you to carry me all the way to our dorm," Chanyeol whined then smiled cutely at Jongin. Not going to work though.

"Have you looked at yourself before? You're taller than me with like a meter! No way! Get up!"

"No! You carry me!" Chanyeol pouted.

"I'll die if I carry you! Do you want me to die?!"

"If it means that you'll carry me, yes," Jongin gasped then slapped Chanyeol.

"When you become sober, you don't want to know what I'll do to you," Jongin glared at him and Chanyeol started crying.

"Ughhh! Please! People are looking at us! Shut the hell up!" Chanyeol just continued to cry.

"Fine! I'll carry you! Just lets get out of here," Jongin said quickly and Chanyeol jumped from his happiness onto Jongin.

"THANK YOU OPPA!" Chanyeol giggled.

"Oppa? I won't even bother asking. Let's go," Jongin sighed.


"Oppa! You didn't carry meeee!" Chanyeol pouted and smacked Jongin's arm.

"God! What are you?" Jongin clenched his teeth.

"Promise me that you'll carry me up the stairs when we get to the dorms," Chanyeol then extended his pinky.

"I hope you pass out before then," Jongin groaned. "I promise I'll carry you tomorrow when we wake up."

"Really?" Chanyeol's eyes shimmered with hope.

"Yes, now walk!"

"Okay, you don't have to shout," Jongin's jaw fell open then he followed Chanyeol.


As soon as they entered the building, the receptionist greeted them and gave Jongin the keys with a soft smile. Chanyeol out of a sudden jumped over the counter and hugged the petite woman.

"CHANYEOL, GET OUT OF THERE!" Jongin screamed, losing his temper.

"I just wanted a hug!" Chanyeol pouted.

"YOU DON'T JUST GO AROUND HUGGING PEOPLE!"

"I believe that he's drunk. It's okay," the woman smiled then giggled when Chanyeol crossed his arms on his chest and huffed.

"You're a meanie!" Chanyeol pointed at Jongin.

"ME?! HOW?!!" Jongin's mouth was wide open.

"See? He's shouting at me!" Chanyeol told the woman.

"Yes. Because he wants you to be a good boy and go to your room and sleep. You have some work to do. Okay?" The woman smiled at him and Chanyeol nodded with a smile.

"Why are you listening to her and not me?! I thought we were friends!" Jongin whined.

"Cause you're a meanie and she's nice," Chanyeol stuck his tongue out at Jongin and marched to the elevator.

"Ughhh! I'm never going to forget this, Park Chanyeol! I'll remind you everyday of what you've done!"

"Okie!" Chanyeol said happily and entered the elevator. As soon as the doors closed, Chanyeol passed out and fell to his knees.

"!" Jongin tried carrying Chanyeol but he was just too heavy so he dragged him out of the elevator by his arms and then to the room. He threw his semi dead body on top of the bed and groaned.

"I swear Chanyeol, I'll make you pay tomorrow," Jongin said then made his way to the couch. Tomorrow was going to be a very long day. He has exactly ten hours to sleep, which were quite a lot for him. Yes, demons require less amount of sleep than humans. This makes it a lot easier for them since they get high energy with low hours of sleep. The only thing Jongin could think of now is how comfortable would the bed feel on his poor back, however he just drifted off on the hard couch.