Side Story 1

My guardian, my demon

A/N: Just a small note that this is a little in the past

 

"Oh god..." Chanyeol groaned as he woke up. "Here goes my precious sleep."

"You okay?" Jongin asked while putting on his black T-shirt.

"Depends on your concept of what being okay means," Chanyeol got up while whining and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

"As long as you're living that means that you're okay," Jongin shrugged.

"Consider me not okay as soon as I enter that mad guy's house."

"Don't worry, you'll do fine," Jongin said with a smile.

"Why are you so happy?" Chanyeol looked at Jongin confusedly.

"I'm just being positive! Only eight days left!" Jongin's smile widened at this thought.

"Eight days in hell, a perfect title for my current life."

"Now get dressed if you want me to teleport you."

"Can't I just skip today?"

"No you can't. Here, your clothes are dry," Jongin handed Chanyeol his favorite shirt and pants.

"Thank you!" Chanyeol took them happily and kissed Jongin's cheek. Jongin blushed.

"Why do you keep doing that!? At least don't do it to me when I least expect it," Jongin looked down.

"Because you're my perfect bestfriend," Chanyeol smiled and hugged Jongin tight. Jongin just gave up and leaned in.

"You better change your clothes now or we'll be late," Jongin scolded Chanyeol.

"Fine," Before Chanyeol even got up, Jongin kissed his cheek quickly then left. Chanyeol just smiled and started changing his clothes. Once he was done, Jongin came, held his hand and then they teleported to Chanyeol's human's house.

 

"Here he is, now you should go."

"Okay, bye!" Jongin bed Chanyeol farewell and disappeared.

"When is this little going to wake up?" Chanyeol groaned. He laid down on the couch in Baekhyun's bedroom and rested for a while. When Baekhyun got up, Chanyeol didn't pay attention and just waited till he gets out of the house. Then he remembered that the stupid Baekhyun almost killed himself with a knife and he had to watch him at home as well so he doesn't end up dead. Chanyeol didn't even try to hide the fact that he was in the room and got up lazily and went down the stairs to the kitchen. When Baekhyun made his breakfast, Chanyeol sat across him from the table and put his head on the dinning table to sleep again. He was unsuccessful though because Baekhyun finished his breakfast in exactly five minutes and then climbed up the stairs to get dressed. Chanyeol noticed that he takes way more time to get dressed than a girl does. This promised him at least thirty minutes of his precious sleep. He threw himself on top of the couch again and closed his eyes.

When Baekhyun was done, Chanyeol had slept for at least an hour if not way longer. Now he was fully awake. Baekhyun opened his front door and entered his expensive car to get to work quickly. Chanyeol followed him and got in the car quietly. Baekhyun was driving at 190 km/h and Chanyeol knew that an accident was coming in the way with this crazy speed. He waited for it until suddenly, Baekhyun lost full control on his car. This happened way too often and Chanyeol rolled his eyes and held the steer wheel and led the car away from the pavement. Baekhyun just had his eyes closed shut and he didn't know what was going on so he just let his hands fall to his lap. Chanyeol decelerated the speed to 120 km/h and he knew this was the best thing he could have ever done this day. Baekhyun was extremely confused how he survived this but he had work and he couldn't care less.

He jumped off the car and made his way to the building. Chanyeol almost screamed when the door almost hit Baekhyun but he held it quickly. Baekhyun just continued walking and left his keys to the receptionist and walked to the elevator. Chanyeol's eyes widened at the realisation and hit Baekhyun's back to distract him. Chanyeol almost face palmed himself when Baekhyun just looked back and turned around again. Chanyeol pulled him from his suit away from the elevator for one metre so people don't get confused on why is Baekhyun being dragged by air. Baekhyun just rubbed his neck and walked back to the elevator. Chanyeol almost killed Baekhyun at this moment however he decided to slap the back of his neck and pulled him away again. Baekhyun frowned deeply and turned around again. The annoyance was written all over his face however he decided to go to the stairs.

'FINALLY!' Chanyeol internally screamed. 

Baekhyun started climbing up the stairs normally however suddenly, he tripped and almost face planked the floor. Chanyeol held him up again before completely falling. Baekhyun started looking around to find a person but he found no one.

"Who helped me then?" Baekhyun scratched his head to think of an answer but he couldn't find one. Chanyeol just lurked around. Baekhyun continued his way up but he still was as confused as ever. 

Chanyeol almost, almost, punched Baekhyun in the stomach when he entered his office and went to look out the window at the beautiful scenery however he tripped and almost fell out of the window. Chanyeol grabbed him by his tie and pulled him away from there. Why the hell does this guy always trip or fall or try to kill himself in another way? Does he possibly have a death wish? Baekhyun looked frustrated and confused as ever. 

"What the hell?!" Baekhyun shouted. "What the hell is going on?!" Chanyeol gulped and tried to keep silent. 

"Whoever or whatever has been accompanying me lately surely wants me to live, don't they get the message yet?!" Baekhyun shouted but then sighed and dropped to his office chair and started with his work like every day, working silently while Chanyeol tried to figure out what he just said minutes ago.

After a couple of hours working in complete silence, Baekhyun grabbed his briefcase and made his way to the stairs. Chanyeol trailed behind him quietly, knowing that Baekhyun already figured out someone was watching over him. Baekhyun tripped again and Chanyeol was about to squeak from surprise but he didn't and he helped Baekhyun up without really touching him. Just holding onto his suit so Baekhyun doesn't tumble down the stairs. Baekhyun huffed and took his car keys from the receptionist with a frown etched on his face and left the building. 

When he reached his house, safely may I add, he looked extremely miserable. Even more miserable than when Chanyeol first saw him. He lifelessly made his way to the bathroom to get ready for bed. He didn't even eat any dinner. He flopped down on his bed and stared at the ceiling, as if he was searching for answers.

"Why?" Baekhyun had a bitter tone to his voice. "Why?" He repeated.

Chanyeol was surprised and shocked, he didn't know what to do, whether he should prove his presence by speaking or whether he should just stay silent and listen to Baekhyun's bitterness. Chanyeol didn't really want to break rules so he kept his presence unknown.

"I know someone has entered my life a couple of weeks ago, trying to stop me from accidentally hurting myself." Baekhyun let out a chuckle, humourless. "Yeah, accidentally. It's not like I really want to end my life or anything. End this stupid, miserable and routinely life. Because everything will be fine, just like everyone says. Whoever you are, you better not show up again. Please." Baekhyun knew he must have looked like a lunatic addressing a ghost in the air, but he'd had enough. Chanyeol left him alone after he made sure that he was asleep, looking dejected. He kind of failed his assignment.