New mission: a definite disaster

My guardian, my demon

"No... This isn't happening..." Sehun sobbed. "They can't leave me alone!" He shouted. "What can I do without them now?" He fell to his knees and started crying as soon as the officer told him the terrifying news.

"I'm sorry, son. I'm sorry for your loss," the officer said and patted Sehun's back. He then left after a while when he made Sehun enter his house to ensure that he was safe. Sehun just kept on crying and crying for what seemed like years. He didn't know what to do anymore. No one could help him. Ever. It's not his fault that he's mentally sick. It's just that.... his childhood wasn't the best, and because of that, he got mentally scarred.

Oh Sehun, a 21 year old university student, is nyctophobic, anthropophobic and claustrophobic. He can't sleep at night except when his lights are on. He can't enter an elevator. He can't not leave a window open. He can't make friends. Everyone used to bully him when he was a child, for being weak and ugly. He actually wasn't. He was prettier than all the kids at his school. He may have been weak and delicate, but if someone hurt his parents or his friend, he would stand up for them, no matter what. Too bad he couldn't experience standing up for a friend.

The only friend that he had before was a Chinese boy at his school who was new And totally lost. His name was Luhan. He always stood up for Sehun and prevented anyone from bullying him. He and Sehun were actually good friends. They always hung out after school with the permission of their parents and they sometimes had sleepovers. Until one day, Luhan's parents decided that it would be best for him if they returned to China, his country. He went away just like that. Without even saying goodbye. Sehun didn't befriend anyone since then. He just... studied for the sake of his parents. He never even wanted to enter university...

He never wanted any of this, but he got it. He always hates how he's different from the others, like he's abnormal. And he is. No one normal would be afraid to have friends. Some people do get afraid of the dark, but not like Sehun. Sehun is afraid of what belongs in the dark. He hates how the darkness surrounds him, as if it was hugging him, consoling him. As if it was his only friend. He's afraid how the demons inside him showed up whenever darkness came up, wanting to devour Sehun. He hated it and he couldn't be blamed. He also hated closed places. It seemed like they were suffocating him, trying to get rid of him. He couldn't take his breath whenever the door is closed on him without a window. He hated his life.

After he had cried his eyeballs out and there were no more tears left, he got up and went to the bathroom. He looked in the mirror, examined himself. He knew it wasn't a very long way before he got Multiple Personality Disorder. He was this close. Sehun never thought of himself as beautiful or handsome, even though he could pass as a model if he took care of his health. He though of himself as a useless person who doesn't belong in this fun world. His parents had somewhat helped him a bit, but now, they aren't here anymore... they're gone, but Sehun doesn't know what's waiting for him...

He took a quick shower with the door open. He couldn't stop thinking about his fears, how he could get rid of them, but he knew it was futile. They will always haunt him, just like a stubborn ghost. But little did he know, that angelic demons can fight ghosts. He got out after washing his body then wore a pair of sweatpants then, this is when it really hit him. His parents died. No one would shield him from the outside world, from the evil. No one would start singing a song for him and pat his back till he slept with tearful eyes. No one would help him with his studies. What was the point of living anymore? He didn't know, but he knew that he shouldn't disappoint his deceased parents. He'll try to overcome them but, he needs help. Any help that he could receive. He couldn't possibly go to a psychologist, they cost too much and people say that they don't actually help.

He just started crying again and then suddenly, the room's aura had changed. Sehun was now sitting up on the bed, looking around him with his hazy eyes, ears perked up and wary of his surroundings. He could sense someone's presence in the cramped room. It was like... something was moving and roaming about in there, uninvited. He couldn't explain the feeling but he had it. It was like the temperature had suddenly dropped and the air pressure was higher. He also had some difficulties with his breathing which showed that something was definitely wrong in the room. Someone was taking up all the oxygen in his room and leaving him the carbon dioxide to choke on. Almost like a ghost.

'! He noticed!' Jongin thought. 'I shouldn't have accepted this damn mission.'

"Is someone there?" Sehun shouted and Jongin almost gave himself away with a sneeze. Good thing he held it in.

"Great, now I'm even imagining things!" Sehun huffed. "Are these the first signs of going crazy?"

Jongin tried to move away from the room slowly. He tip toed his way from beside Sehun's bed to his dresser but then, luck wasn't on his side this time. His shirt got caught on something. Suddenly, without any warning, Sehun heard something shatter in his room...